Discussion Disappointed with DEN Local Cable Channels content

psharma4rmsre

Reaction score
I am DEN Cable Subscriber since 2014 in my area of City Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh. In fact the first consumer STB of DEN in our city was also installed at my home. But since 5 years when JIO purchased majority stake in DEN, the local channel content has become worse and worse. Movies and songs library is in repetition on daily basis. They updated their music library in year 2020 and since then they are playing the same songs. It means not a single song they have added after 2020. For movies, they have around 30 movies I think. What is wrong with them? On channels DEN NXT, DEN BOX OFFICE and DEN PREMIER, full day they are running advertisements. What is the use of calling these channels DEN BOX OFFICE and DEN PREMIER?
According to me JIO is destroying DEN and HATHWAY.
What is your opinion about it? Are other MSO's also not airing new movies and songs?
L9ZA01Q.jpg
1oEazyY.jpg
I3n3wTQ.jpg
5zom3w6.jpg

3QtZGUR.jpg

I believe jio sold back its stake in Den and Hathway. Not sure though. Meanwhile, I was also a DEN Customer 6 years ago. I did not like attitude of their employees. I bought Tata Play which gives me a lot convenience and features like HD Channels, payment from App or website or third party apps, liberty to change channels on my own and not becoming dependent on cable walah to submit the request on my behalf, Jhingalala offers, +1 channels on Tata Play. Post that never ever thought of going back to cable network.

I believe jio sold back its stake in Den and Hathway. Not sure though. Meanwhile, I was also a DEN Customer 6 years ago. I did not like attitude of their employees. I bought Tata Play which gives me a lot convenience and features like HD Channels, payment from App or website or third party apps, liberty to change channels on my own and not becoming dependent on cable walah to submit the request on my behalf, Jhingalala offers, +1 channels on Tata Play. Post that never ever thought of going back to cable network.
Jio wanted to sell since 2021 but they have not done it bro. I think they want to completely destroy cable industry. In my city before 2020 their were around 60000 connections combined of DEN, Hathway and Siti. But now it is around 25000. DD Free Dish and OTT are affecting but in Tier-3 cities local channels also Play important role because their movies and music content is good and they air local city programmes like religious possession, local news etc. also.

Jio wanted to sell since 2021 but they have not done it bro. I think they want to completely destroy cable industry. In my city before 2020 their were around 60000 connections combined of DEN, Hathway and Siti. But now it is around 25000. DD Free Dish and OTT are affecting but in Tier-3 cities local channels also Play important role because their movies and music content is good and they air local city programmes like religious possession, local news etc. also.
TRAI NTO and increasing OTT Subscriptions are responsible for decline in Cable or DTH subscribers. Some channel prices are irrational. Additionally, you have to pay high NCF Fee which should not exceed more than 50 rupees each television. MSO/DTH operators are already getting margins on each channel subscribed. Apart from NCF they also take carriage fees, lcn preferential fees and many other charges which I may not be aware of.

Usually many local channels fill up space for mandatory subscriber services, you aren't expected to watch them in a serious way.

Cable TV and DTH business will be over soon and will eventually be replaced with IPTV and OTT platforms
When DTH/MSO use to decide the channel prices, they never used to share the correct subscriber numbers. Broadcasters planted OTT apps with their content at competitive prices. Now pricing power for linear tv channels is in the hands of broadcasters. They have kept the channel prices very high. People are migrating to OTT. DTH and MSO are paying for their karma. But when they vanish OTT platforms will hike their pack prices and in the end we will pay high prices.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock