Discussion on "Gemini TV HD"

• Thread starter anjank
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 511
  • Views: Views 42,959

anjank

Reaction score
chaubey86 said:
Videocon till the time not providing 5.1 dolby sound. Don't misguide the customer or persons

Vadirocks said:
It's Original Dolby Digital Audio Bro

Can Feel Audio Difference

Now Watching Movie Aarya 2

Hi Vadirocks... Are you saying Aarya 2 was telecasted in HD format with 5.1 sound? It didnt look like a HD for me:)

RE: D2H added Dolby Digital audio for "Gemini HD"

anjank said:
Hi Vadirocks... Are you saying Aarya 2 was telecasted in HD format with 5.1 sound? It didnt look like a HD for me:)

Nope It's 720p Bro But I Felt Audio Difference

I Think They Telecasting Weekend Movies Only In Full HD But Not Sure

Now they are showing a program called Jabilamma in 16:9 aspect ratio. It should be in HD and not be an up-scaled HD.

Re: RE: D2H added Dolby Digital audio for "Gemini HD"

Vadirocks said:
Nope It's 720p Bro But I Felt Audio Difference

I Think They Telecasting Weekend Movies Only In Full HD But Not Sure
Aarya 2 wasn't telecasted in HD. Even the audio wasn't Dolby. You are right in saying that the weekend movies are in full HD along with Dolby audio. This weekend, we can enjoy Mahesh's film 1 Nenokkadine in full HD with Dolby Digital audio. The ad they were showing was having awesome clarity.

I have re-activated Gemini HD after seeing this update but I am little disappointed as I can barely hear surround sound from Gemini HD... But, we should appreciate at least Gemini TV is trying to show some HD content and I am hoping to see improvement in next few days.

EDIT: In fact, I cannot hear sound from any speaker except for center speaker and bass from subwoofer for current running movie(One-Nenokkadine). I think this may be because of source... Will have to check with another movie or some show. Can anyone post if you guys know tomorrow's movies that will be telecasted in HD so I can check again.

anjank said:
I have re-activated Gemini HD after seeing this update but I am little disappointed as I can barely hear surround sound from Gemini HD... But, we should appreciate at least Gemini TV is trying to show some HD content and I am hoping to see improvement in next few days.

EDIT: In fact, I cannot hear sound from any speaker except for center speaker and bass from subwoofer for current running movie(One-Nenokkadine). I think this may be because of source... Will have to check with another movie or some show. Can anyone post if you guys know tomorrow's movies that will be telecasted in HD so I can check again.

You are right. Only the ad they are showing in the break saying watch this movie in HD with Dolby Digital Plus audio is telecasted in Dolby. I wrote to Airtel about this thinking that it's a problem with them. But sound wise, except the rear speakers all the other speakers are producing sound on my home theater. This problem was there from the beginning, but I thought they resolved it while watching movies last week, for instance Veera was in Dolby. Are you in airtel or d2h? If you are on d2h and you aren't getting sound in both front and rear speakers then it's a bigger issue.

As for tomorrow, there's one new movie Avataram but not sure if they will telecast in Dolby.

I am d2h subscriber and paying 51Rs per month and sits in front of my TV and home theater and watching closely for sound in front and surround speaker:) Only hope is keeping me spend money for Gemini HD and another reason is I wanted to support Gemini HD for being the first and only HD channel in Telugu(sometimes I dont even know if I need to appreciate for starting HD channel or blame them for not understanding the meaning of HD)... Keeping all my feelings aside- this will only fix when we SHOUT and when SUN network watches this:)

Re: RE: D2H added Dolby Digital audio for "Gemini HD"

anjank said:
I am d2h subscriber and paying 51Rs per month and sits in front of my TV and home theater and watching closely for sound in front and surround speaker:) Only hope is keeping me spend money for Gemini HD and another reason is I wanted to support Gemini HD for being the first and only HD channel in Telugu(sometimes I dont even know if I need to appreciate for starting HD channel or blame them for not understanding the meaning of HD)... Keeping all my feelings aside- this will only fix when we SHOUT and when SUN network watches this:)
I think we can directly write to sun network. It's not a problem only with Gemini HD, same problem exists for Sun HD too.

All sun network hd channels are having the same issue. Particularly sun music hd. For one song volume will be lower and for next song suddenly it will start with huge volume which I feel irritated. When VJ's are talking the audio level is very low. During break the advertisement audio level is more. Simply whenever they are playing in stereo mode the audio level is same for all content. For 5.1 mode the audio level is differing from one song to other. Syn network hd channels are just hd video channels. They are not hd in audio. Sun TV hd is better among all their 4 hd channels.

Today all the movies telecasted on Gemini HD were sounding ridiculous. They were advertising like watch this movie in HD with Dolby Digital Plus audio, but the quality was terrible. I complained to Airtel.<br/>

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock