• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 511
  • Views: Views 43,341
Re: Videocon D2H HD Channel List - As on 05-Aug-2014

"Thanga Meengal" being telecasted now is in Dolby 5.1
attached a pic of my av receiver decoding the same

abe8ejev.jpg

RE: D2H added Dolby Digital audio for "Gemini HD"

I think they are testing something. Audio just switched to 3.0 channels and then came back to 5.1. Probably they are trying to figure out the issue.

Re: RE: Videocon D2H HD Channel List - As on 05-Aug-2014

bharath2481 said:
"Thanga Meengal" being telecasted now is in Dolby 5.1
attached a pic of my av receiver decoding the same

abe8ejev.jpg
Not sure about Sun HD. But for Gemini HD, even though the receiver shows 5.1, the front and rear channels aren't producing any sound. Please check whether all your speakers are producing sound.

RE: Videocon D2H HD Channel List - As on 05-Aug-2014

@ilikered it is decoding dolby flawlessly with correct distribution of sound, I think it is a broadcaster issue with Gemini HD.

bharath2481 said:
@ilikered it is decoding dolby flawlessly with correct distribution of sound, I think it is a broadcaster issue with Gemini HD.
Ok, that's great then. It must be a broadcaster issue with Gemini HD as you said. We have reported the issue. Let's see.

@ilikered How have your stb hooked to your receiver .... may I know your av receiver model.

@ilikered I did verify sound on Gemini HD, the sound is concentrated on the center channel.

RE: D2H added Dolby Digital audio for "Gemini HD"

I think its better to raise our voice to Sun network.... They are concentrated about sun direct, sun direct volume levels are lower than the normal sound.... To make sun direct in competent with other dths in terms of sound quality, sun network might have reduced the volume in the channel itself... earlier i had sun direct the volume levels are low compared to cable tv.... d2h is somehow better than sun direct....

bharath2481 said:
@ilikered How have your stb hooked to your receiver .... may I know your av receiver model.
It's hooked via HDMI. Receiver model is Sony HT SS-360. I do have other channels like Star Movies HD and the audio is awesome in those channels. In fact, I have to reduce the volume level to 15 on those channels, where as I have to keep it at 30 on Gemini HD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock