Dish TV, Tata Sky show brand power

tech_genie

Reaction score
Tata Sky and Dish TV have emerged as the most preferred direct-to-home (DTH) brands in the run-up to the first phase of compulsory digitisation in the top four metros, according to a latest report by market research firm GfK.

The study that measured brand impression and perception about DTH players over several parameters found that "top of the mind" brand awareness for Tata Sky was 38%, followed by Dish TV and Sun Direct at 24 % and 16% respectively, over the July-September period of this calendar year.
"The latest trends indicate that quality of service and consumer satisfaction will determine the fate of players in this industry," said Vishikh Talwar, member management board, GfK India.

While Tata Sky has around 10 million subscribers, Dish TV continues to be the DTH market leader with over 14 million subscribers.

The compulsory digitisation drive of cable TV signals in the four metros - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata - has seen a scramble to add new subscribers by DTH players, who are banking on value-added services to win over the consumer.

"Instead of simply selling (set-top) boxes we are in the business of selling services that add value to the experience of television viewing," said Vikram Mehra, chief marketing officer Tata Sky.

Source: Dish TV, Tata Sky show brand power - Hindustan Times

Do you think this research is valid?

"Instead of simply selling (set-top) boxes we are in the business of selling services that add value to the experience of television viewing," said Vikram Mehra, chief marketing officer Tata Sky.
i want say, what are you providing mr. Mehra, very few channels with high money value. And yes i think this is totally paid article as no give value to d2h.

I think Tata Sky had a tremendous brand value when they entered the DTH industry.

It is a pity though that they think that they can still cash in on that instead of showing more dynamism in adding channels and rationale in pricing packages. Also regional coverage of Tata Sky is not as good as some other DTHs...how can they do better in Kolkata & Chennai?

And yes, I agree with Sbhopale-bhai that the research does not justify the public mood that is clearly in favour of D2H now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock