dishtv Cam Available in market

• Thread starter Vikram
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 22,773
harsh_hk said:
Can someone please explain me what is this CAM and what does it do?

Every Dth Stb have Two Slot 1. For Smart Card 2. Cam Slot

Some Stb have Front Side Below Smart Card Ci slot and Some have Back side Like Tatasky or Airtel new Box,
More Info log on to :

http://dreamdth.com/Thread-About-CAM-CARD

I have some news on this,

Dish-tv says the CAM is available for purchase in Pune, DELHI, Kanpur, Guwahati etc. This is confirmed news, One of my contacts did write to CEO through their link, Was called by CC the next day, Informed that the CAM is available in these places and also some more.....

Also on his request the name of one dealer in Pune was provided through e-mail...

He was kind enough to tell me about his and also he is planning to get one from whereever, Also we neighbors are all interested, So we can now have pay-channels alongwith the free ones on C-band.

Here is the relevant portion of e-mail

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to DISHTV.

We would like to inform you that as per telephonic conversation with Mr. XXXXXXXX on contact number XXXXXXXXXX regarding the concern of Dish Freedom Card. It has been informed to you that the same is not available with Kerala Dealer.

Furthermore, we would also like to inform you that, as informed to you that the same is available with the Pune Dealer and the address one of the Dealer of Pune is mentioned below:

Company Name - MELTEK INFOSYSTEMS PVT LTD
Address - PLOT NO.3/2,IT KNOWLEDGE PARK,NEAR NEW
ZENSOR BPO , KHARADI .M.I.D.C, PUNE - 411014

Your suggestions/feedback will help us serve you better, so please continue writing to us.

Incase of any concerns please write to us or call us, we would be glad to be of assistance.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you with a smile.

Regards,
XXXXX XXXXX
Customer service
DISHTV

Now this is Big news for all of us who like to watch C-band dishes and are doing it for many many years, Just imagine using your own receiver and Dish setup alongwith an option to get Ala-carte which was missing till now, I would personally like to get one, But well Don't know why DISH decided to sell it in a few places only, would have been a real game changer if they did it nation wide, AT least one dealer per state.or maybe ONLINE, which is better, Since with this Dish needs to support you only regarding recharge or packages and leave the whole install and dish setup to those who are ready to do it, Means no more No-signal complaints for their CC at least from CAM customers

offtopic:

@ quickboy : Glad to see u after a long hiatus. Where have u been. ? :huh
Ur valuable inputs are being missed badly in satellite section. :)

shawl_who said:
offtopic:

@ quickboy : Glad to see u after a long hiatus. Where have u been. ? :huh
Ur valuable inputs are being missed badly in satellite section. :)

Thanks, I'am actually around, Now with two offices I,am in fact totally tied up, I do visit and read this forum often, It is doing fine in fact the going is great,Got two holidays because of Ramadan etc..., Today I got this info and so thought would share, May be someone will help me get one for me too.....

Now i have some questions regarding this Cam from Dish tv.

1. Can we install this cam in any other STB which has Cl Slot available.
2. After installing this Cam can we receive both Dish Tv Channels and other Channels for exmaple from Nilesat and Hotbird in the same Setbox.
3 And main question what is the main benefit of this cam does this Cam work on any Receiver with Cl slot available in market.

quickboy said:
Thanks, I'am actually around, Now with two offices I,am in fact totally tied up, I do visit and read this forum often, It is doing fine in fact the going is great,Got two holidays because of Ramadan etc..., Today I got this info and so thought would share, May be someone will help me get one for me too.....

So, do u remember me, back in d days.. I used to ask u about how to track satellites, have my FTA setup.
I do track sats. nowadays. :tup

All bcoz of the gr8 thread "tuning ur dish further"... with other gr8 members like vishvish, in_msz and u, ofcourse. :luv

shawl_who said:
So, do u remember me, back in d days.. I used to ask u about how to track satellites, have my FTA setup.
I do track sats. nowadays. :tup

All bcoz of the gr8 thread "tuning ur dish further"... with other gr8 members like vishvish, in_msz and u, ofcourse. :luv

I do remember you, The one who always wanted a lot of answers, Great to know you are actually in this now, I just wanted everyone interested to start tracking , when I started those two threads there, I did get a lot of support at the time from many friends especially the ones you mentioned, who took the threads longer, See the result, I wanted to checkout some satellites in free time last sunday, Just made a search on laptop, and I could see many of you have posted the info what I wanted in the forums, INDIAN forums, Exactly what I always wanted.

DishHD said:
Now i have some questions regarding this Cam from Dish tv.

1. Can we install this cam in any other STB which has Cl Slot available.
2. After installing this Cam can we receive both Dish Tv Channels and other Channels for exmaple from Nilesat and Hotbird in the same Setbox.
3 And main question what is the main benefit of this cam does this Cam work on any Receiver with Cl slot available in market.

CAM or conditional access module is a PCIMCIA card reader, (TO be SIMPLE),
Here is a picture, see a size comparison to a Samung mobile

fe2c385e.jpg

it takes in a card and connects to your STB through the port provided, The CAM in turn will decode the channels you paid for, see the picture below, It is inserted to the slot on your STB, and the card is usually inserted into the cam

657cc326.jpg

quickboy said:
I do remember you, The one who always wanted a lot of answers, Great to know you are actually in this now, I just wanted everyone interested to start tracking , when I started those two threads there, I did get a lot of support at the time from many friends especially the ones you mentioned, who took the threads longer, See the result, I wanted to checkout some satellites in free time last sunday, Just made a search on laptop, and I could see many of you have posted the info what I wanted in the forums, INDIAN forums, Exactly what I always wanted.

lol...
Yeah I used to bug u a lot back then. :shy
But, I wasn't to be blamed entirely... I knew nothing abt all this, back then. :lol

But thanks to u and others... I m getting better at this. :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock