dishtv Cam Available in market

• Thread starter Vikram
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 22,765
quickboy said:
CAM or conditional access module is a PCIMCIA card reader, (TO be SIMPLE), it takes in a card and connects to your STB through the port provided, The CAM in turn will decode the channels you paid for

quickboy can i use my old sundirect smart card(6 yrs old) in to any FTA STB .....it will work ??

prakash_Tv said:
quickboy can i use my old sundirect smart card(6 yrs old) in to any FTA STB .....it will work ??

Little difficult, SD and Big-tv seems to have changed the encryption system lately, This is perfectly normal, Since TV providers do update their systems, It will take sometime for softcam writers to get it working, Right now SD and Big-tv dont work with most known softcams, But if DISH-TV sells CAM and Card anyone who has a standard CAM slot on STB maybe able to watch DISH-TV channels, It will become a big sale boost for them, For once you suddenly need not worry about DTH sellers STB and CC, Also it will help you to watch paid channels and FTA in one DISH and reciever

quickboy said:
Little difficult, SD and Big-tv seems to have changed the encryption system lately, This is perfectly normal, Since TV providers do update their systems, It will take sometime for softcam writers to get it working, Right now SD and Big-tv dont work with most known softcams, But if DISH-TV sells CAM and Card anyone who has a standard CAM slot on STB maybe able to watch DISH-TV channels, It will become a big sale boost for them, For once you suddenly need not worry about DTH sellers STB and CC, Also it will help you to watch paid channels and FTA in one DISH and reciever

if any news abt sundirect smart card(old cards) working in any FTA STB. pls info me...

quickboy said:
CAM or conditional access module is a PCIMCIA card reader, (TO be SIMPLE),
Here is a picture, see a size comparison to a Samung mobile

fe2c385e.jpg

it takes in a card and connects to your STB through the port provided, The CAM in turn will decode the channels you paid for, see the picture below, It is inserted to the slot on your STB, and the card is usually inserted into the cam

657cc326.jpg

Bro i am using this cams for more than ten years now. Currently i am using this cams with VC cards to open Hotbird and Nilesat channels for years now but my question is will this cam work on any receiver like for example if buy a twin tuner Hd receiver with cl slot avaible and if i insert this cam in and dish tv HD vc then can i receive all dish tv SD and HD channels with Nilesat, badrsat and Hotbird all channel in the same receiver bcoz i think this is not possible with any of the indian dth SETbox.

Currently all Indian DTH stb are locked.

If u want to use , then u can use receiver like solid,

As per my knowledge, these CAM Card are enable to decode only one method or type.

Currently,

Iredeto by d2h and sun direct
videogaurd by tata sky and adtv.
Viaacess by dish tv
Nagravision by rdtv.

No matter what stb u have , it will decode channel.

The only thing is MPEG 2 box can't decode MPEG 4 channels.

I will be happy if somebody personally visit and check availability. With price.

me_saket said:
Currently all Indian DTH stb are locked.

If u want to use , then u can use receiver like solid,

As per my knowledge, these CAM Card are enable to decode only one method or type.

Currently,

Iredeto by d2h and rdtv.
videogaurd by tata sky and adtv.
Viaacess by sun direct.

No matter what stb u have , it will decode channel.

The only thing is MPEG 2 box can't decode MPEG 4 channels.

I will be happy if somebody personally visit and check availability. With price.

ur info wrong bro

Irdeto (Sundirect and DH2)
Conax (Dish TV)
MEDIAGUARD (RDTV)
Videoguard (ADTV and TATA SKY)

pls correct it ur post ... :):)

DishHD said:
Bro i am using this cams for more than ten years now. Currently i am using this cams with VC cards to open Hotbird and Nilesat channels for years now but my question is will this cam work on any receiver like for example if buy a twin tuner Hd receiver with cl slot avaible and if i insert this cam in and dish tv HD vc then can i receive all dish tv SD and HD channels with Nilesat, badrsat and Hotbird all channel in the same receiver bcoz i think this is not possible with any of the indian dth SETbox.

It is not possible with any DTH-STB since they do provide stb for their service only, Suppose you get nilesat and hotbird alongwith NSS-6 on a proper standards complaint STB, Then you can watch Dish-tv programs from NSS-6, in the same STB with this cam for sure, Provided your STB supports DVB standard CAM. That is exactly what this is for.

Good discussion but sadly dishtv Cam not available with the members & in the market, So no any Review ,We all know why it is not available ? Apart from that it should be easily available so that just like mobile portability we all can switch to any DTH according to its services.

Friends will agree with me that every member must have 2/3 stb's at home ,The question is why we are paying for so many STB boxes each time while quitting the one & getting other DTH service. Now this should be stopped.TRI has to take some effective steps.

jenius-jatt said:
Good discussion but sadly dishtv Cam not available with the members & in the market, So no any Review ,We all know why it is not available ? Apart from that it should be easily available so that just like mobile portability we all can switch to any DTH according to its services.

Friends will agree with me that every member must have 2/3 stb's at home ,The question is why we are paying for so many STB boxes each time while quitting the one & getting other DTH service. Now this should be stopped.TRI has to take some effective steps.

I'am trying to get one for the last year or so, But at least now we have an email saying where it is available, Delhi, Pune, Kanpur Guwahati etc...., So someone from these places can try and tell....

I think I may get one in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock