DDF Exclusive Disney and Fox deal likely to be announced next week; includes sale of Nat Geo, Star India, Hulu and Regional Sports

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 20,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really waiting for that day. No Sports channel in India can match the class of ESPN.

Don't expect that will change anything what we are viewing on sports chs today, i mean cricket, kabaddi ISL highlights, badminton and few tenis and F1. Everything will remain as it is bcoz according to broadcasters usual Indians wants these

Don't expect that will change anything what we are viewing on sports chs today, i mean cricket, kabaddi ISL highlights, badminton and few tenis and F1. Everything will remain as it is bcoz according to broadcasters usual Indians wants these

Atleast we would see ESPN logo free from sony brand.

People, Sony's deal with ESPN hasn't ended and is not ending anytime soon. ESPN can not be launched as a separate channel or with other partnerships any time soon in India. ESPN will still be Sony ESPN in India for years to come.

People, Sony's deal with ESPN hasn't ended and is not ending anytime soon. ESPN can not be launched as a separate channel or with other partnerships any time soon in India. ESPN will still be Sony ESPN in India for years to come.
What if Disney launched ESPN2 as seperate channel ?

They will cancel sony's deal

What if Disney launched ESPN2 as seperate channel ?
Corporate laws do not allow such moves. You can't simply start a second channel of some one else's channel.

They will cancel sony's deal
If you have a source, please post. If this is a mere guess, no, things can't happen like that. Sony isn't ESPN's slave to bow and agree if cancellation is proposed by ESPN. They have invested in the channel and they would not wan't to let it go that easily. They will have numerous exit clauses which must be fulfilled if they plan a cancellation of the deal. In simple words, deal is closed when its closed. And that's not anytime soon.

I wish all Star Sports channels rename to ESPN 1,2,3,4
I know its not going happen in near future, But It will be really good to see a bouquet of ESPN channels.

I wish all Star Sports channels rename to ESPN 1,2,3,4
I know its not going happen in near future, But It will be really good to see a bouquet of ESPN channels.
Those ESPN logos would be much better than current star logos . Btw sony won't let go ESPN for atleast a decade

Yes it'd be difficult to for ESPN to exit the agreement with Sony. It'd be interesting to see if Star also sells it's Sports business in India. Even if they do it will be a long way before Disney rebrands all the channels because Star itself is a big brand. However, if Disney does get Star India's Sports business, I believe, ESPN & Sony will both negotiate the exit for their good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock