DDF Exclusive Disney and Fox deal likely to be announced next week; includes sale of Nat Geo, Star India, Hulu and Regional Sports

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 20,226
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the deal goes through, ESPN would go solo. Anyone remember about Zee MGM.... ?

Yes it'd be difficult to for ESPN to exit the agreement with Sony. It'd be interesting to see if Star also sells it's Sports business in India. Even if they do it will be a long way before Disney rebrands all the channels because Star itself is a big brand. However, if Disney does get Star India's Sports business, I believe, ESPN & Sony will both negotiate the exit for their good.
Star never sells it's Sports business...

I don't think ESPN is offering much in its current deal with Sony. They are not producing any content exclusively for India. Apart from a website and a mobile app there's nothing more. So it's better ee have ESPN 1,2,3 and so on instead of Star Sports 1,2,3 etc

Yes it'd be difficult to for ESPN to exit the agreement with Sony. It'd be interesting to see if Star also sells it's Sports business in India. Even if they do it will be a long way before Disney rebrands all the channels because Star itself is a big brand. However, if Disney does get Star India's Sports business, I believe, ESPN & Sony will both negotiate the exit for their good.

Disney is buying entire star india network . Without sports channels Disney would not buy anything

I do not think a single Star channel will change its name though I don't know about Fox Life.

You guys are missing bigger picture, Sony+ Disney will have monopoly over Indian sports broadcasting so if i was in that position i would definitely raise the price of my ch as viewers will have no other choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock