Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

Disney Renaming Star Plus, Star Gold to Star Utsav Plus and Star Utsav Gold in Netherland, I hope Star/Disney will not Renaming Star Channels to Utsav in India :LOL:
QqMUjUc.jpg
They are renaming star channel to utsav in netherland just to avoid confusions nd i dont think they will rename star channels in india

Btw when " fox acquisition by disney " news came out in 2017 at that time many ppl assumed that disney will rename star channels with disney word but star brand is such big disney itself renamed their fox assests within star brand in other countries

They are renaming star channel to utsav in netherland just to avoid confusions nd i dont think they will rename star channels in india

Btw when " fox acquisition by disney " news came out in 2017 at that time many ppl assumed that disney will rename star channels with disney word but star brand is such big disney itself renamed their fox assests within star brand in other countries
Another thing is I guess there won't be any change in Star branding. Simply if they call Star Plus and Star Gold its confusing so they are simplifying it by calling the channel Ustav Plus and Ustav Gold with retaining the Star symbol I guess. And I guess it won't be a concern where Hotstar already operates independently in Canada and the US, the UK, and Singapore. Also FOX East Asia (now Disney's) still operates many star branded channels. Asia is familiar with Star branding, so no issues for them. I guess now all Fox branded Sports, GEC'S and movies will be changed to Star and ESPN branding slowly. I guess they will have Star Sports all over Asia and will strengthen ESPN brands in the other parts.

Another thing is I guess there won't be any change in Star branding. Simply if they call Star Plus and Star Gold its confusing so they are simplifying it by calling the channel Ustav Plus and Ustav Gold with retaining the Star symbol I guess. And I guess it won't be a concern where Hotstar already operates independently in Canada and the US, the UK, and Singapore. Also FOX East Asia (now Disney's) still operates many star branded channels. Asia is familiar with Star branding, so no issues for them. I guess now all Fox branded Sports, GEC'S and movies will be changed to Star and ESPN branding slowly. I guess they will have Star Sports all over Asia and will strengthen ESPN brands in the other parts.

Star branding suits all the chs outside kids and it does not have Fox name in it hence perfectly blends with the aim to create a tailored identity distinct to each territory or combined genre.

Star Utsav has been chosen as branding in Netherland not only to simplify but as Utsav serves as an main international variant of star chs abroad like Rishtey does for viacom18.

Let alone star rebranding, disney did not even change names of utv chs here

Star branding suits all the chs outside kids and it does not have Fox name in it hence perfectly blends with the aim to create a tailored identity distinct to each territory or combined genre.

Star Utsav has been chosen as branding in Netherland not only to simplify but as Utsav serves as an main international variant of star chs abroad like Rishtey does for viacom18.

Let alone star rebranding, disney did not even change names of utv chs here
Yeah! Star goes well with all the genres except Infotainment and Kids as they already have established brands Nat Geo and Disney respectively. Ustav is really good for outside India.

I Don't see any rebranding of Star/ UTV is on the cards. UTV also have a brand legacy. And UTV movies are the first to go on to Hotstar in Indonesia. I know UTV have extended their library deal on Netflix in India. I'm not sure why they aren't adding those in other countries where Hotstar operates. UTV is currently operating as the Buena Vista of India with all the IPs, and distribution handling through UTV motion studios now. From 2019 itself Fox movies like Ford V Ferrari etc have been released in India by UTV instead of Fox Star Studios. There has been some organisational changes under after the merger interms of distribution etc.

Even there is list of SET shows which are dubbed in Sun Network. Can we assume Sony will acquire Sun?:huh:
SUN and SONY don't compete in major markets (except in Marathi domain, where SUN Marathi may compete with SONY Marathi in future). Hence they complement each other. SONY Aath and SUN Bangla are not competitors. So, they keep their partnership in that way, without further prospects of acquisition. However, STAR may penetrate into Odia market in next decade, keeping in mind the partnership between Tarang networks and STAR, and further expansion of Odia market, it can be like Asianet, and not like Vijay or Maa Networks. That's just a speculation on our part. Nothing has happened, though.

Last edited:
The Star which is used is Just from Corp logo of Star India with a little glare. Overall the logo of Star/Star+ looks rediculous. That's my opinion. Hotstar's old logo was far better than what these guys came up with.

Actually it is just that we get accustomed to a thing which came first and of our liking, as time goes by new changes will always look good to us.

Case in point is Sony rebranding TEN Network chs, initially i disliked it but now that simple logo design looks nice to eyes.

Yeah! Star goes well with all the genres except Infotainment and Kids as they already have established brands Nat Geo and Disney respectively. Ustav is really good for outside India.

I Don't see any rebranding of Star/ UTV is on the cards. UTV also have a brand legacy. And UTV movies are the first to go on to Hotstar in Indonesia. I know UTV have extended their library deal on Netflix in India. I'm not sure why they aren't adding those in other countries where Hotstar operates. UTV is currently operating as the Buena Vista of India with all the IPs, and distribution handling through UTV motion studios now. From 2019 itself Fox movies like Ford V Ferrari etc have been released in India by UTV instead of Fox Star Studios. There has been some organisational changes under after the merger interms of distribution etc.

Yes, they r aligning identity which bonds best with specific territory or genre. In infotainment Nat Geo will continue with A&E chs, so will star and ESPN in sports genre.

UTV films will move to hotstar once Netflix decides to opt out bcoz they might b having 1st right to refusal.

Disney identity is mostly used to release hollywood family or kids move in India, UTV motion pics was used to family / kids movies they made in India. Now on they r thinking of just distributing films hence disney and 20th century studios might b chosen option depending on type of film, though i feel they will produce certain films too where they see success potential

Already India is only market where disney+ surpassed Netflix by huge margin and India contributes majorly to overall disney+ worldwide subscription numbers. Diff being here subscription cost will b less and content will remain largely ad dependent which works well for both audiences and company

I just hope that they bring back Baby TV, Nat Geo People, Nat Geo Music (as international music ch) and make bindass a youth ch with old ch v shows included. Also SWP should continue as destination for evolved english or international content atleast till HBO agreement is valid

Disney identity is mostly used to release hollywood family or kids move in India, UTV motion pics was used to family / kids movies they made in India. Now on they r thinking of just distributing films hence disney and 20th century studios might b chosen option depending on type of film, though i feel they will produce certain films too where they see success potential
So in Future too Disney Production Houses International and Indian Local movies will Distributing under UTV motion pictures in cinemas on India, UTV Motion Pict Big brand In Indian Theatrical business Sector and Movie Production business, Disney Suspended UTV motion pictures movie Production in India they not Completely shutdown business and "Fox Star" Studios brand Rebanded and Renamed to Disney and Star in many countries, still there will be possibility of New production house arriving or Merge of "Fox Star" With Disney's New Production House in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock