Does component out of Videocon D2H SD really work?

luksdokill

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, here's hoping I can seek some friendly advice from the experienced members.

Presently I'm using a Reliance BIG TV connection, which I had gotten way back in 2008- just days after its launch I suppose! The thing which attracted me to it was the provision of a component output, and was amazed to see to see the HD like vibrant colours in my 29" Sony CRT TV! :sp

Now, over the years Reliance tv has shown least interest in adding new channels. I found that Videocon d2h provides comparatively more channels for the same price. I even heard from some of the members that the d2h sd box does have a component output. Upon seeking further clarification with the d2h customer service, my headache started.

As their executives are illiterate on this matter, they tell me at first about no such facility. Upon pointing out the provision in the user manual of DIGISTB-1111, they conclude that it is infact present, however it has been disabled due to software restrictions. However, in my Reliance stb, both the component and the composite work at the same time without any hassles.

So my question here is- Is the component cable really disabled? If so, can it be unlocked from the settings menu? Just as the USB at the back serves no purpose. Is it the same case here?

P.S I have been advised to settle for the HD set top box, however I am already getting the stb free by settling for the annual SD subscription. Apparently the STB model 1111-N is the latest one, which is of white colour - having the same dimensions as that of the black one.

If any of the forum members are using the component out facility via their SD set top boxes, kindly let me know :)

The old model do have both the component (Video out) & Composite signal out that is (RF-OUT)

But new model are lacking RF (Composite) features .So in SD you must have component video out & Audio left/Right etc.

jenius-jatt said:
The old model do have both the component (Video out) & Composite signal out that is (RF-OUT)

But new model are lacking RF (Composite) features .So in SD you must have component video out & Audio left/Right etc.

I think you are confused between the component and the traditional composite video output. The component ports are identified by the Y/Pb/Pr ports [ refer the manual at http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/pdf/DIGISTB.pdf ]. In RCA (Yellow) cable transmission will be 576i or 480i (Interlaced) signal. With Component cable (Y/Pb/Pr), we get 576P or 480P (Progressive) signal transmitted to TV. Progressive signal definitely gets better picture. So there is no question of RF-out here. RCA will definitely work, but whether component will work upon connecting, or will it remain disabled/dysfunctional is the question.

But in a era where HDMI 1.4 which is 1000's time better than A\V cable and 100's time better than Component cable why are you worried about getting a stb with component option but you should have though of getting a stb which would be future proof for example with HDMI 1.4 cable connectivity option availability

DishHD said:
But in a era where HDMI 1.4 which is 1000's time better than A\V cable and 100's time better than Component cable why are you worried about getting a stb with component option but you should have though of getting a stb which would be future proof for example with HDMI 1.4 cable connectivity option availability

As I have mentioned, I am stuck with a 29 inch crt television, so HDMI is out of question here.
However, if a SD box is able to deliver pictures upto 576p quality, i shall be more than happy! :D

Quick question- Lets say I go for the HD box of D2H (2222 Model), and want to connect it via component cable. Will there be a problem, considering the fact that component cables can transmit signals of upto 1080i/1080p from the hd stb, whereas my crt tv only supports resolutions of upto 576i/576p?

1stly just now i read this post..
AFAIK There will be no issue if u use Componant cable for a CRT TV.. even i have connected to my CRT 21" TV from Sun Dirtect STB . earlier models had componant connection options ..
Even connected my DVBS2 HD FTA Reciever to CRT 21" TV. so no issues to connect but the PQ depends upon ur TV .. I think we can get a slight better PQ in Componant connections rather than Composite..

Yes now few DTH SD STBs doesnt have Componant Option but only Composite /AV /RCA options.. If we want then has to go for HD STB itself..
BTW as the TS mentioned RDTV have it and me too used in my Sony 29" TV ..

jenius-jatt said:

Bro.. RF =
rf-cable-assembly-678.jpg

rf-cable.jpg

we use this cable in RF connections..

Composite cable >
indiashopers-3-rca-gold-plated-audio-video-400x400-imadwvzrrpwpnut5.jpeg

We use in Composite connections.. also we call it A/V

Componant cable >
images

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock