DDF Exclusive DTH of the Month - July 2024 | Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter PowerStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 51
  • Views Views: Views 2,884

The Best DTH of the Month for July 2024 is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks Good And Agreeable!

But Only Thing I Couldn't Digest Was After Hefty Price Hike On Some Packs, Removal Of New Acquisitions, And Few 6 Month Packs,

Still Tata Play Managed To Win,,,,

That's System! Accept And Move On,,, 😁

But R2 rating system is flawed as if an operator drops 6 or 7 FTA news channels and adds a good popular HD channel still it loses points while on the other hand if an operator added 3 FTA channels and did not drop any channels still it stands yo gain.....also this is why despite not only adding Disney Channel HD and even performing far far better than Tata Play in "Other Activities" still Airtel Digital TV has been given negative points under R2 rating system thus it again shows that it is not quality of channels added/dropped but quantity which is being counted but this rating system is giving wrong/unjustified scoring based on quantity

Tata Play users disappointed with Compression in HD channels and Audio quality, price increase and many more things, but but but what they are continually winner from 5 to 6 month dth of the month.

Sorry but I can't digest the result of this month.

The calculations based on which the results were arrived has been already shared above by @PowerStar bro. There is nothing to hide and nothing in favor of any brand. It's all fair for everyone.

I really don't understand how the quality of a channel can be determined by a individual. A channel which is of high quality for me might be useless for another. For example, despite being a Airtel HD user, Disney HD is of zero value to me. But I had some friends who were in cloudnine after that addition.

Those who are unhappy with the current scoring system can come up with a better scoring system and share with us in TTT. The system should consider all possible activities that can happen in a Dth. Also please do share a proper metrics to identify the QUALITY of a channel. We will certainly discuss about it.

You have the right to comment about the results and even share your unhappiness if any. But replies which are solely aimed at degrading the system or the efforts of the thread creator cannot be entertained. Any such subsequent posts might be edited or deleted.

Those who are questioning the rating system here should go through January month Poll, they were very happy & praised this performance rating there but not satisfied today why!!
Tata play got massive nearly 50%of votes (more than combined votes of both winner & runner-up) whereas Sun direct barely got 12% of votes still they were declared winner as in performance ratings they got 5 points airtel which got 22% of votes got the runner up position as they also managed to got 4 points in R2. In R2 ratings tata play got just 2 points bcoz they removed 4 SD channnels (2 of them where shopping + 2 regional fta news) even after adding sony sports HD channnels & offering sports HD pack which no other operator provides BUT none of the Tata play users complaint then how they got only 2 points on R2 ratings

Answering in short Shubh dada. It is only because of New System introduced and most the people's supported that.
I am the one who supported the system, This only my view.

Last edited:
The calculations based on which the results were arrived has been already shared above by @PowerStar bro. There is nothing to hide and nothing in favor of any brand. It's all fair for everyone.

I really don't understand how the quality of a channel can be determined by a individual. A channel which is of high quality for me might be useless for another. For example, despite being a Airtel HD user, Disney HD is of zero value to me. But I had some friends who were in cloudnine after that addition.

Those who are unhappy with the current scoring system can come up with a better scoring system and share with us in TTT. The system should consider all possible activities that can happen in a Dth. Also please do share a proper metrics to identify the QUALITY of a channel. We will certainly discuss about it.

You have the right to comment about the results and even share your unhappiness if any. But replies which are solely aimed at degrading the system or the efforts of the thread creator cannot be entertained. Any such subsequent posts might be edited or deleted.

metric to decide upon quality of a channel is very simple, a popular SD or HD channel will always carry more weightage as it offers more good quality + fresh content in lot better transmission quality, it can be popular in any region/s and same should not be considered as a barrier to decide upon the value of entertainment it offers to its viewers.

Also anna no one is degrading the efforts of @PowerStar bro and we appreciate + acknowledge the hard work put in by him but as me and others have pointed out that the current R2 rating system is flawed and needs changes.

We can come up with following points system to given for addition and removal of channels -

FTA Popular Hindi/Regional News Channels - +/- 0.25
FTA Popular Hindi / Regional GEC Channels - +/- 1
FTA Hindi / Regional Popular Music/Kids/Movie Channels - +/- 0.5

For such non popular channels standard +/- 0.5 points can be awarded for addition or removal

Now for popular Pay TV SD channels following points can be awarded

Popular Pay TV Hindi /Regional News Channels - +/- 0.5
Popular Pay TV Hindi /Regional GEC and Movie channels - +/- 2
Popular Pay TV Hindi / Regional Kids / Music / Infotainment channels - +/- 1

For Pay TV HD channels twice the points as suggested for SD Pay TV Channels can be given / deducted accordingly

Those who are questioning the rating system here should go through January month Poll, they were very happy & praised this performance rating there but not satisfied today why!!
Tata play got massive nearly 50%of votes (more than combined votes of both winner & runner-up) whereas Sun direct barely got 12% of votes still they were declared winner as in performance ratings they got 5 points airtel which got 22% of votes got the runner up position as they also managed to got 4 points in R2. In R2 ratings tata play got just 2 points bcoz they removed 4 SD channnels (2 of them where shopping + 2 regional fta news) even after adding sony sports HD channnels & offering sports HD pack which no other operator provides BUT none of the Tata play users complaint then how they got only 2 points on R2 ratings

That too was had same shortcomings and i honestly did not go into details of the R2 rating system earlier but this time due to such stark difference in performance of Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play and once details of how R2 points were allotted was explained thereby such discrepancies came about in the discussions

Back
Top Bottom