DDF Exclusive DTH of the Month - July 2024 | Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter PowerStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 51
  • Views Views: Views 2,884

The Best DTH of the Month for July 2024 is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Answer short Shubh dada. It is only because of New System introduced. This only my view.

Can you please explain your view? Why do you find it wrong now?

Really Happy for this Format.

What changed in between? The same system which you were really happy about has suddenly became sour.

implement a new system in future to avoid any favouritism.

This is why the new system was introduced and it is perfectly doing that job.

metric to decide upon quality of a channel is very simple, a popular SD or HD channel will always carry more weightage as it offers more good quality + fresh content in lot better transmission quality, it can be popular in any region/s and same should not be considered as a barrier to decide upon the value of entertainment it offers to its viewers.

Also anna no one is degrading the efforts of @PowerStar bro and we appreciate + acknowledge the hard work put in by him but as me and others have pointed out that the current R2 rating system is flawed and needs changes.

We can come up with following points system to given for addition and removal of channels -

FTA Popular Hindi/Regional News Channels - +/- 0.25
FTA Popular Hindi / Regional GEC Channels - +/- 1
FTA Hindi / Regional Popular Music/Kids/Movie Channels - +/- 0.5

For such non popular channels standard +/- 0.5 points can be awarded for addition or removal

Now for popular Pay TV SD channels following points can be awarded

Popular Pay TV Hindi /Regional News Channels - +/- 0.5
Popular Pay TV Hindi /Regional GEC and Movie channels - +/- 2
Popular Pay TV Hindi / Regional Kids / Music / Infotainment channels - +/- 1

For Pay TV HD channels twice the points as suggested for SD Pay TV Channels can be given / deducted accordingly

but bro, who decides the popularity and how it is decided is the big question. if I consider a channel as important to me then it will be a popular channel for me, but you may say it is not popular. and in vice versa if i give 0.5 point (as you suggested) for a channel which I consider as non-popular, someone might reply that it is a popular channel for in his area. Popularity of a channel varies with region and interest of the people. it cannot be and should not be decided by an individual who maintains DoTM thread. that will not be a fair environment.

also no one can watch all the 800+ channels to understand its program schedule and decide its quality either. and how to award points based on genre. how the genre of a channel is decided. how should the channel be classified as GEC or shopping or others. should we consider the genre claimed by the channel itself or we should watch the channel 24x7 and decide it ourselves. lot of questions prevail.

it is definitely not a foolproof solution.

We, as a team, actually expect top notch ideas from members who find this system flawed because you have the potential to find this as a flawed system and it means you have really good ideas.

Can you please explain your view? Why do you find it wrong now?

What changed in between? The same system which you were really happy about has suddenly became sour.

I am giving small ex:

After marriage we feel what a life yaar but after sometime it became "WHAT LAG GAYI IN LIFE". Forgive me Madhan Anna...

i-am-sorry-gifs.gif

Last edited:
I am giving small ex:

After marriage we feel what a life yaar but after sometime it became "WHAT LAG GAYI IN LIFE". Forgive me Madhan Anna...

i-am-sorry-gifs.gif

so what happens next.. you will adjust with your wife and move on or just kill your wife.. if you are the adjusting type, then adjust with this system. if you are the other type, you don't deserve to be here. :ROFLMAO:

but bro, who decides the popularity and how it is decided is the big question
I think instead of deciding based on "popularity", we must decide based on whether its a channel from a pan-India broadcaster or not.

We can define a pan-India broadcaster as someone:
  • Who has channels in at least 3 genres spanning across at least 4 languages, OR
  • Has 20 or more SD channels with channels spanning across at least 4 languages, OR
  • Has 10 or more HD channels with channels spanning across at least 2 languages, OR
  • news broadcasting network with at least 3 regional news channels, OR
  • Provides at least 1 channel with 2 or more audio feeds.
This criteria will be fulfilled by: Star, Zee, Sony, Viacom, Sun, Republic for sure (Might be missing out on others here)

When a DTH adds or removes channels by such a broadcaster, a lot more points should be given IMO.

I think instead of deciding based on "popularity", we must decide based on whether its a channel from a pan-India broadcaster or not.

We can define a pan-India broadcaster as someone:
  • Who has channels in at least 3 genres spanning across at least 4 languages, OR
  • Has 20 or more SD channels with channels spanning across at least 4 languages, OR
  • Has 10 or more HD channels with channels spanning across at least 2 languages, OR
  • news broadcasting network with at least 3 regional news channels, OR
  • Provides at least 1 channel with 2 or more audio feeds.
This criteria will be fulfilled by: Star, Zee, Sony, Viacom, Sun, Republic for sure (Might be missing out on others here)

When a DTH adds or removes channels by such a broadcaster, a lot more points should be given IMO.

So according to you if a broadcaster already have 20 SD channels, their 21st channel will also be very high quality channel and gets more points.

on the other hand a small but quality network operating only in one language launches a new channel then it will be of poor quality and should get less points???

I don't understand the logic. Isn't your idea is completely suppressing the small networks and highly favoring big corporates.

If considering total ratings that is R1+R2 then how come DD Free Dish is runner up :unsure:

You need to read the announcement thread to understand it. Read the below quote.
Important Points to note:
1. If 2 DTH gets the same number of votes, the DTH which got higher R2 will be rated higher.

2. If 2 DTH gets the same Total Rating, the DTH which got higher R2 will be considered the winner.

So according to you if a broadcaster already have 20 SD channels, their 21st channel will also be very high quality channel and gets more points.
For Pan-India broadcasters, that is generally true.
on the other hand a small but quality network operating only in one language launches a new channel then it will be of poor quality and should get less points???

I don't understand the logic. Isn't your idea is completely suppressing the small networks and highly favoring big corporates.
I didn't talk about quality. I only proposed pan India broadcasters getting slightly more points.

For Pan-India broadcasters, that is generally true.
I didn't talk about quality.

bro, you are contradicting yourself.. and ofcourse end of day it all comes down to quality only..

I only proposed pan India broadcasters getting slightly more points.

but why.. in what way they deserve a special treatment.. hypothetically, a Pan India broadcaster launches a news channel or a shopping channel and a small single language network launches a GEC or movie channel, your proposed system gives more points to a shopping/news channel than a GEC.. is that fair???

I insist everyone who are trying to help us with a new rating system to consider all factors while deriving at the points system and provide a fair playground to all. Let the system be neutral to all instead of inclining to our favorites.

bro, you are contradicting yourself
For the first one, I only gave reply to what you asked..
hypothetically, a Pan India broadcaster launches a news channel or a shopping channel
A news channel from a Pan India broadcaster is probably fine, but not shopping channel.
My 4 sample criteria I proposed, that could be enhanced or modified to cover all such scenarios to ensure fairness and prevention of abuse...

Back
Top Bottom