Discussion English music scene in Indian musicTV channels?

randomnon

Reaction score
Anyone knows any English music channels other than VH1?

When I was in bad phase of life i started viewing English music channels like VH1 india & the OG 9XO& it really helped a lot.

Sadly in COVID-19 pandemic, 9XO was shut down because in May 2020 😔 because already it was free & maybe couldn't survive bcoz of money problems

After that VH1 sat on throne of the only English music TV channel in india

But because of no competition VH1 is continuously loosing its quality

Major problems with VH1 :-

1) Repeatative music video shuffling - VH1 just plays same playlist over & over again everyday with bad track selection, its just becomes unbearable.

2) Awful track selection - VH1 always chooses absolutely trash new music, there are so many chart topping billboard 100 songs but they always select corny tracks, they only keep playing Taylor Swift, harry styles & KPOP on repeat 😩, while there are so many different chart topping artists but seems they don't have enough money to get hot new music.

3) Lack of diversity :- VH1 has many programs with different target genres like

a) GOOD MORNING - Pop music
b) UNWIND - pop music with old pop bangers too
c) CERTIFIED - pop music with new songs in between
d) K-POP'D - KPOP
e) HIP HOP HUSTLE with HHH swadesi - Hip Hop bangers (most are mumble rap trash songs) with DHH at end for 10 min
f) The GOAT CLUBBIN 🙏🏻 - EDM, electronic music bangers ( though they're playing same playlist for 3 years) & only available on Friday & Saturday late night

Though they have different genres shows their track selection is absolute trash many times & the same playlist are being played for years 😭

Also the pop, kpop, anime crowd targetting is crazy, they are overplaying corny things & ignoring other genres & quality over-all.

4) Sports being played on a MUSIC CHANNEL!!! - This is the most frustrating, they air
Football instead of music just makes me mad 😡.

I am paying to listen some music & they show sports instead for 4-5 even 6 hours, just too much customer exploitation.

I just hope the OG 9XO comes back & takes the throne back.

Anyone knows any other English music channels?

I am planning to get Tata play binge+ 4k because it has VH1 HD.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I like Vh1 and their weekly Top 10 and trending but in general the choice is indeed bad. 9xO was much much better with the songs they chose to play.
Yeah, trending is sometimes hit & many times miss. Problem is they just pick same viral songs from past 1 year & keep playing them repeat, VH1 should at least keep a watch on Spotify playlists like Charts, Global top 100 songs, albums, viral 50 songs.

Do you know any other English music channel source? I will mostly get Tata play binge

Big CBS Spark was there too. There was another channel called HIT7. It was available around northeast only I think.

Problem is not Vh1. Music nowadays specially k-pop are generally sucking bad. Also it doesn't help that Vh1 give priority too latest and popular songs of last few years. They can have rock, classic, teen segment etc. Like they used too a decade back. Same popular songs are over played so much. I hate this.

Dth alternative Tata Play Music+ is really good. If are willing to play for premium for English Music. You should go for it.

Big CBS Spark was there too. There was another channel called HIT7. It was available around northeast only I think.

Problem is not Vh1. Music nowadays specially k-pop are generally sucking bad. Also it doesn't help that Vh1 give priority too latest and popular songs of last few years. They can have rock, classic, teen segment etc. Like they used too a decade back. Same popular songs are over played so much. I hate this.

Dth alternative Tata Play Music+ is really good. If are willing to play for premium for English Music. You should go for it.
True they give too much importance to KPOP, trash pop now even Anime crowd 😅

Agreed keeping up with new trends is necessary but they're ignoring other genres & quality

Overplaying same songs everyday is very frustrating seriously

Can you please tell more about Tata play Music+?

I searched online but there's not much information about English music

How is it?

Is there any genre wise song selection?

Is the playlist updated time to time?

Any info on pricing? (i will definitely get it be it any price 😃

Last edited:
Satellite broadcast of VH1 HD on tataplay had bad audio quality. Imagine an HD music channel that has bad audio quality. It fails to serve the purpose of being a music channel.

However, the same channel of TataPlay app and JioTV app has great audio quality.

I like millennial mixtape and good morning VH1.

I hate live sports on it. Instead they should play live concerts.

Satellite broadcast of VH1 HD on tataplay had bad audio quality. Imagine an HD music channel that has bad audio quality. It fails to serve the purpose of being a music channel.

However, the same channel of TataPlay app and JioTV app has great audio quality.

I like millennial mixtape and good morning VH1.

I hate live sports on it. Instead they should play live concerts.
Oh no

Actually it was even bad on local cable so I don't think it will be that bad on Tata play.

But how bad it is by your experience?

Yeah millennial mixtape is surprisingly good. But they should play more Linkin park on it

It will be great if they live concert that will be great even good recorded shows will be great.

There is a live show series as well. But it's recorded live events.

Audio quality is less than 128kbps but feels better than 96kbps which is standard in vh1 sd and vh1 broadcast by airtel, d2h and dishtv.

The highs are subdued and you can clearly make the difference when you hear the same song on Spotify or any other music streaming app.
The online stream of vh1 on the tataplay app is very good quality. Sonds like 196kbps or higher.

The only broadcaster that I haven't tested so far is SunDirect. I belive they should have better quality as their HD channels use the x265 HEVC container so It may leave space for better audio.

There is a live show series as well. But it's recorded live events.

Audio quality is less than 128kbps but feels better than 96kbps which is standard in vh1 sd and vh1 broadcast by airtel, d2h and dishtv.

The highs are subdued and you can clearly make the difference when you hear the same song on Spotify or any other music streaming app.
The online stream of vh1 on the tataplay app is very good quality. Sonds like 196kbps or higher.

The only broadcaster that I haven't tested so far is SunDirect. I belive they should have better quality as their HD channels use the x265 HEVC container so It may leave space for better audio.
So its better than airtel Xstream right?

Can't expect hifi sound from such box but if its better than rest of competition then fine.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock