Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even i have observed the Blurriness on Star Maa movies HD channel while a group of people dancing together, which is pointed out by Siva Bro. I have tweeted them about the issue and got a call from CEO team and arranged a technician visit on Saturday and asked me to take a video or snapshot to show to the person. He is informing me that "No one has informed / complained us about the Issue on Regional HD channel till date, and am the first person to do so". So please tweet (Include Harit Nagpaul too) them who ever has observed the issue on HD channels, so that it will go to larger group and hope will get resolution..
@Siva Bro Has Complained them about the issue So Many Times and also Some More Members from our forum also Complained them About it too and Even They Accepted that also But Still They are saying that you are the first one who Complained them about the issue. It's really strange and seems they are not interested to address this issue..

Last edited:
Even i have observed the Blurriness on Star Maa movies HD channel while a group of people dancing together, which is pointed out by Siva Bro. I have tweeted them about the issue and got a call from CEO team and arranged a technician visit on Saturday and asked me to take a video or snapshot to show to the person. He is informing me that "No one has informed / complained us about the Issue on Regional HD channel till date, and am the first person to do so". So please tweet (Include Harit Nagpaul too) them who ever has observed the issue on HD channels, so that it will go to larger group and hope will get resolution..
Thanks for confirming the issue bro. So, it's a universal issue regardless of TV. They will say the same thing to everyone that "You are the first person to give such a complaint". It's because they can't resolve this issue.

Last Friday, Technician has visited my house, and i have showed them the blurness photos and videos (Shared by Siva Bro) and then he understands the problem and he did factory re-set of STB and then he selected Second Satellite IN4A-14 (at first time, selected first one by installer), and said that Quality is less than 13, so the picture issue is coming, then he did some alignment on Dish & LNB and then after Quality is more than 13 on almost all channels and thereafter am not seeing the above mentioned picture issue. But still needs to observe for some more days.

Last Friday, Technician has visited my house, and i have showed them the blurness photos and videos (Shared by Siva Bro) and then he understands the problem and he did factory re-set of STB and then he selected Second Satellite IN4A-14 (at first time, selected first one by installer), and said that Quality is less than 13, so the picture issue is coming, then he did some alignment on Dish & LNB and then after Quality is more than 13 on almost all channels and thereafter am not seeing the above mentioned picture issue. But still needs to observe for some more days.
There is no relationship between signal quality and picture quality.

Update: Tata Sky AP training head visited my house today. Even though the CEO team didn't agree that there's an issue, I was constantly in touch with him. He promised me that he will visit personally to check the issue and today he did.

He was very patient and almost spent one and half hour at my home. He now clearly understood the issue. I have even showed him the same channels on Airtel DTH at my friend's house where he could also clearly differentiate the quality of picture on regional HD channels.

He said that Tata Sky will be moving to HEVC soon and that might resolve all the pq issues. One of his comment was, there might be some cost saving involved in this pq issue, I didn't fully understand what that was. He promised me that he will try his best to convey the issue to the technical team and update me on the proceedings!! I was really impressed with his attitude. He didn't have to do all these when the issue was already closed by the CEO team, but he cared for customer satisfaction. That's very nice to see!

Any case, the existence of the issue is clear and when it will be resolved is the question.

That's great @Siva bro.

Did he tell when TS will be moving to HEVC, and weather existing HD STB be replaced with newer HEVC HD STB?

That's great @Siva bro.

Did he tell when TS will be moving to HEVC, and weather existing HD STB be replaced with newer HEVC HD STB?
Bro replacing STB is vry difficult i think they take more time period to change to HEVC Technology

Bro replacing STB is vry difficult i think they take more time period to change to HEVC Technology
It won't be a big issue for them. Because in all DTH operators majority of their subscribers using SD boxes. They need to replace the HD boxes only.

What about current subcribers which using HD Box.

They can do it in a phased manner. They have all the resources also 4K STB is already HEVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock