General Chat Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 46,665
  • Views Views: Views 1,849,053
Even the iPhone is way too over priced.
I don't get the point of paying over 20-30k on a phone. Owning phones are no longer cool. I miss those times when we had various models of phones. By various models I mean when he had options with querty keypad, flip models, touchscreen stick. Now everything is same. I hate it. I want a beautiful flip phone with shazam, some music streaming app and mobile games with buttons. I miss playing Gangstar 2.

Last edited:
I don't get the point of paying over 20-30k on a phone. Owning phones are not cool. I miss those times when we had various models of phones. By various models I mean when he had options with querty keypad, flip models, touchscreen stick. Now everything is same. I hate it. I want a beautiful flip phone with shazam, some music streaming app and mobile games with buttons. I miss playing Gangstar 2.
They're predicting that consoles will die soon as well. Don't know how true but i think the future is Stadia despite of how skeptic i am about it.

They're predicting that consoles will die soon as well. Don't know how true but i think the future is Stadia despite of how skeptic i am about it.
It's not going anywhere. Or Netflix and other services are doomed. Most doesn't buy android boxes or fire TV. Instead streams content on consoles. Stadia won't have classics. Sony and Nintendo have brains to not bring games to any other platforms. You want to play God of War or Pokemon. You can't do it in Stadia. Only cross platform multiplayer games like FIFA and NBA will come to Stadia.

Last edited:
I do NOT want to be a part of the storm that is taking place in the other thread, but I have a crush* on books, Indian ones only, with high-school girls as their protagonists. Coincidentially, I have just finished reading the following book, which is one of only a few to be set in my city. I am uploading a screenshot from it, which may be remotely relevant to that thread. This is intended as a joke only. :tup:

R6MmaYI.png

*That’s because, having studied my XIth and XIIth in an IIT-JEE school, I have never had a real crush! :biggrin:

Seventeen and Done eBook: Vibha Batra: Amazon.in: Kindle Store

Last edited:
It's not going anywhere. Or Netflix and other services are doomed. Most doesn't buy android boxes or fire TV. Instead streams content on consoles. Stadia won't have classics. Sony and Nintendo have brains to not bring games to any other platforms. You want to play God of War or Pokemon. You can't do it in Stadia. Only cross platform multiplayer games like FIFA and NBA will come to Stadia.
I think streaming netflix and prime on Consoles are fun because they have sufficient ram as well as a good cpu. Both of which are absent in firestick/android box. I used to have an android box which constantly was freezing/hanging whenever i tried various streaming apps.

God of War and Red Dead Redemption both are fantastic games and it's sad that i'll probably never be able to play them. Can;t afford a console anytime soon.

I think streaming netflix and prime on Consoles are fun because they have sufficient ram as well as a good cpu. Both of which are absent in firestick/android box. I used to have an android box which constantly was freezing/hanging whenever i tried various streaming apps.

God of War and Red Dead Redemption both are fantastic games and it's sad that i'll probably never be able to play them. Can;t afford a console anytime soon.
Play the old ones for now using emulators. You can pay the new ones when you visit Bangalore on a game parlor.

You think Bangalore is next door? :lol: Emulators need a powerful cpu. My basic 4 core cpu can't handle that. Infact even mid range PC's struggle to run it. It also requires a high end GPU.
Just look at the brighter picture here. You get to travel 8 hours everyday to play Red Dead Redemption.

Back
Top Bottom