General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,767
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,383
I have a doubt from many days is when Airtel is having good relations with Viacom 18 & Star Network then why are they dealying in addition of their channels -
MTV Beats HD,MTV HD+,VH1 HD,Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo People HD etc....even after acquiring adequate TPs ???

I have a doubt from many days is when Airtel is having good relations with Viacom 18 & Star Network then why are they dealying in addition of their channels -
MTV Beats HD,MTV HD+,VH1 HD,Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo People HD etc....even after acquiring adequate TPs ???
Million $ question

They add based on demand and charges they have to spend for adding. Airtel is more of money minded. Not customer service based. Airtel doesn't want to be a premium Service provider. Airtel has no threat at this point. Only threat is TS. But TS is costly. So airtel is relaxing and earning money. When someone like Jio comes to Market, they will think about Customers and their needs.

They add based on demand and charges they have to spend for adding. Airtel is more of money minded. Not customer service based. Airtel doesn't want to be a premium Service provider. Airtel has no threat at this point. Only threat is TS. But TS is costly. So airtel is relaxing and earning money. When someone like Jio comes to Market, they will think about Customers and their needs.
Yes, there is always a clear distinction between a premium provider, and a pocket-friendly provider. We see this in all aspects of business and products. TS is premium, it shows and they dont budge too. They are still charging HD Access Fee in spite of clear directions from TRAI not to do so.

Airtel, on the other hand, is pocket-friendly, it isn't aggressive, but still many people prefer due to it's pricing. The DTH and Cable TV scenario is soon headed to a major overhaul, it is the most gullible industry after telecom (mobile) - and we may see some disruption. Looks like our players (SunDirect - HD addition, DishTV - acquisition of D2H, Airtel - probable reduction in monthly prices) are gearing up for this disruption.

Yes bro I called CC for Discovery Jeet they said updating and will be up after 4 hours.
how silly can they be? why are they running their updates during day time? Any upgrade/update/maintenance should be a planned activity & should happen overnight - basically without affecting majority of the customers.

BTW, how to avoid these nagging airtel calls now?

Zee Tamil HD might be added up by April 14

Both AIrtel & Zee will lose big in Tamil Market if they delay it for 2 more months from now to April 14.

Colors Tamil Launch will put a huge pressure on Zeel to act otherwise Colors Tamil will score big.

Back
Top Bottom