General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,173
I have recently brought and installed Airtel DTH. My STB is HD HEVC with model number HS3C02. It has no S/PDIF (optical) audio port to connect a Dolby sound system.
I have contacted retailer and customer care, they told, now a days these type of STBs are coming. I knew that earlier, HEVC STBs with optical port (model number HSE4016ATL, HDS8104) were available. Is there any way to get a STB with optical audio output ?
Have you got this stb?
BKvgQ2W.jpg

4Ffxy9Y.jpg
If yes, then please give a review & post some snaps of it's UI.

@Anup Tiwari bro, if you need optical output then tell the technician to bring Technicolor HD HEVC or Flextronics box. If it will be available then he'll bring it.

Last edited:
Have you got this stb?

If yes, then please give a review & post some snaps of it's UI.

@Anup Tiwari bro, if you need optical output then tell the technician to bring Technicolor HD HEVC or Flextronics box. If it will be available then he'll bring it.

It is sad to know that they have removed optical audio out. Because audio over HDMI is not flawless on HD boxes when HT is connected to TV via HDMI ARC. I had faced many issues using this setup and then I finally had to move to optical out. Audio quality wise too people prefer optical cable although I personally haven't experienced any difference in quality.

I have recently brought and installed Airtel DTH. My STB is HD HEVC with model number HS3C02. It has no S/PDIF (optical) audio port to connect a Dolby sound system.
I have contacted retailer and customer care, they told, now a days these type of STBs are coming. I knew that earlier, HEVC STBs with optical port (model number HSE4016ATL, HDS8104) were available. Is there any way to get a STB with optical audio output ?
@Gobinaath any way to get STB with optical port by replacing newly installed one ?

@Gobinaath any way to get STB with optical port by replacing newly installed one ?
Write an email to nodel office with your concern and ask for replacement. Usually they give a refurbished box as a replacement. But since your connection is fairly new, they might give you a new one. Try your luck.

Optical out is being removed from almost all the devices these days. My TV also doesn't have optical out, only hdmi arc.

Back
Top Bottom