General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,769
  • Views Views: Views 4,015,503
Shalini TV still running? I thought it was renamed to some other channel...I mean the license...
Yes they relaunched
u can watch tccl , TACtv , vk digital ,scv

Soon on various dth paltform..
ZSNH2wu.jpg

There was certainly few reason to use airtel but when decided to completely move to OTT system , ditched adtv. I found OTT system better than linear TV system as My thinking is watch less but watch Quality . I prefer zero ad, my preferance time to watch anything which is not gonna happen with linear tv system.so removed Dth as well as airtel.

But most people cannot ditch linear tv for various reasons so OTT & Cable/DTH will both continue to grow and survive but still linear tv will maintain the lead for atleast next 2 decades.

Broadcasters surely need to improve quality of content across genres , do not have any issue with ads as long as channel prices r affordable (varying range based on type of channel ). Ad Free channels cannot work in India as no one will pay premium subscription for it, this will only happen in niche OTT space and there too soon ad supported service will b rolled out in order to cater to mass audience.

Curated content on TV will still be preferred by most people if broadcasters work on the shortcomings. Here i am not just talking about older generation who r comfortable with linear tv but even youngsters will have more inclination towards it if they get exciting , good content at right price. Scheduling of content will also add up to the likeability factor, giving free catch up tv access to viewers for chs subscribed on mobile and android app should b rolled out for all customers which again will attract viewers.

Overall hybrid boxes r the way forward for those sizeable audience, large population still will continue with regular HD or SD boxes not only mainly bcoz of pricing factor (OTT subscription + internet cost) but even as internet penetration remains low or unstable at many places hence hybrid boxes r of no use at such locations even if one can afford internet and ott plan cost. Cord cutting or complete shift to OTT will happen only in a very extremely minute audience base

Last edited:
But most people cannot ditch linear tv for various reasons so OTT & Cable/DTH will both continue to grow and survive but still linear tv will maintain the lead for atleast next 2 decades
Even I am planning to cut down on my OTT expenditure. Because I don't get enough time to watch the contents I pay for.
And for live sports contents, linear TV will be better choice for foreseeable future.

Even I am planning to cut down on my OTT expenditure. Because I don't get enough time to watch the contents I pay for.
And for live sports contents, linear TV will be better choice for foreseeable future.
It is still safe to have a FanCode and Amazon Prime subscription for sports.

Back
Top Bottom