General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,741
  • Views Views: Views 4,008,412
Buddy, firstly when u add a channel via A La Carte mode then upfront money deduction for 30 days does not happen rather Daily Deduction from ur account happens which is calculated as per monthly subscription price of the concerned but channel remains under 1 month lock in period. Once a customer opts for a broadcaster / DPO bouquet or Top Up which includes the said channel then same gets automatically dropped via A La Carte mode. Hence there is no glitch or wrongdoing as u r alleging in ur post
attached screenshot of sms received on activation of channel starsports1 on 5 oct 2023 and today (22 oct 2023) screen shot of channel starsports1 in tv, nobody post fake issues here, youre reply for issues are worser than airtel customer care reply:)

jlrsQG3.jpg
Qtm4TlE.jpg

Last edited:
attached screenshot of sms received on activation of channel starsports1 on 5 oct 2023 and today (22 oct 2023) screen shot of channel starsports1 in tv, nobody post fake issues here, youre reply for issues are worser than airtel customer care reply:)

jlrsQG3.jpg
Qtm4TlE.jpg
received refund of rupees 22 as I dropped mail to airtel dth nodal, they called me and acknowleded this was a bug, if this wasn't glitch why airtel nodal team refund the amount @dino29, airtel customer care is useless, any issue drop mail to airtel dthnodal
LbExrX3.jpg

jlrsQG3.jpg
Qtm4TlE.jpg

Buddy this does not prove that Rs. 22 was deducted upfront from ur account on October 5 2023....whenever airtel digital tv subscribers add a channel then they get a similar message mentioning monthly subscription price of channel overall monthly charges for ur DTH Account though DBR is deducted for each bouquet, channel, top up on daily basis

Buddy this does not prove that Rs. 22 was deducted upfront from ur account on October 5 2023....whenever airtel digital tv subscribers add a channel then they get a similar message mentioning monthly subscription price of channel overall monthly charges for ur DTH Account though DBR is deducted for each bouquet, channel, top up on daily basis
check below pic, refer date 5 october 2023, whats wrong with u?, airtel side they can even check what version of app I'm using, do you think airtel nodal team dumb to refund amount, you're toooooooo tenacious :)
UqBQpPl.jpg

received refund of rupees 22 as I dropped mail to airtel dth nodal, they called me and acknowleded this was a bug, if this wasn't glitch why airtel nodal team refund the amount @dino29, airtel customer care is useless, any issue drop mail to airtel dthnodal
LbExrX3.jpg

Then why did they credit whole Rs. 22 in ur account when u had already watched the channel for 17 days? They should have credited only around 10 Rs for remaining period.

Also how can we be assured that what reason u gave to them to get refund? I have many times by mistake activated a channel or top up and called customer care and they have refunded entire amount...they even credit back Late Fee if i call them and give a reason why delay happened in recharging my DTH Account so does this mean i got back money bcoz some glitch from airtel side or they rather helped me out though i was at at fault (that being unintentional ) ?

As i have stated for A La Carte channels or service channels upfront deduction only happens if u opt for such top up variants as available on app or other mediums else DBR amount is deducted daily and u cannot remove the A La Carte channel within 30 days...If u upgrade to a pack which contains the said channel then it gets auto deactivated from the DTH Account.

Maybe as a goodwill gesture they credited back whole 1 month price of the channel in ur DTH Account which they do mostly under similar issues faced by customer bcoz if they would have again activated the channel then again u would have been forced to subscribe to the channel for additional 20 days (deducting 10 days left in the lockin period when it was previously deactivated) bcoz of the 30 day lock in period and u would have lost out some balance hence they gave u the option to subscribe the channel for entire 30 days without any additional cost burden by refunding entire monthly subscription amount

LCN Realignment and possible implementation of 4 Digit LCN system might start anytime after Dusshera.... I sense they have kept Zee Zest HD addition pending bcoz of this as rather than making temporary changes in LCN of certain channels to accommodate some new ones it is better to completely realign all channel line up on EPG , signing updated RIO agreement with various broadcasters and thereby adding all the pending channels not worrying about empty LCN slots being unavailable or addition of certain channels being stalled bcoz of it violating ongoing slab/channel placement order as agreed in respective RIO agreement with broadcasters

Then why did they credit whole Rs. 22 in ur account when u had already watched the channel for 17 days? They should have credited only around 10 Rs for remaining period.

Also how can we be assured that what reason u gave to them to get refund? I have many times by mistake activated a channel or top up and called customer care and they have refunded entire amount...they even credit back Late Fee if i call them and give a reason why delay happened in recharging my DTH Account so does this mean i got back money bcoz some glitch from airtel side or they rather helped me out though i was at at fault (that being unintentional ) ?

As i have stated for A La Carte channels or service channels upfront deduction only happens if u opt for such top up variants as available on app or other mediums else DBR amount is deducted daily and u cannot remove the A La Carte channel within 30 days...If u upgrade to a pack which contains the said channel then it gets auto deactivated from the DTH Account.

Maybe as a goodwill gesture they credited back whole 1 month price of the channel in ur DTH Account which they do mostly under similar issues faced by customer bcoz if they would have again activated the channel then again u would have been forced to subscribe to the channel for additional 20 days (deducting 10 days left in the lockin period when it was previously deactivated) bcoz of the 30 day lock in period and u would have lost out some balance hence they gave u the option to subscribe the channel for entire 30 days without any additional cost burden by refunding entire monthly subscription amount
Airtel thanks app is worst and filled with bugs, Airtel DTH customer care is useless knows nothing and reading @dino29 long post is waste of time, end of discussion 🤣🤣

Airtel thanks app is worst and filled with bugs, Airtel DTH customer care is useless knows nothing and reading @dino29 long post is waste of time, end of discussion 🤣🤣

Bro, Go and check ratings of airtel app and reviews of airtel app , airtel xstream app on Google Play Store

Airtel Digital TV customer care is extremely good and small issues r faced by customers of all companies and it does not make the overall service quality offered to be poor....not only this but the range of service points alongwith convenient ways to check/make changes in the account is also a zone where airtel performs very well

Lastly buddy if u are not interested in reading factual information so u can avoid reading my posts bcoz no matter whatever is the content of the post u will simply disagree to everything without making efforts to understand the stated information or context of the same :)

Bro, Go and check ratings of airtel app and reviews of airtel app , airtel xstream app on Google Play Store

Airtel Digital TV customer care is extremely good and small issues r faced by customers of all companies and it does not make the overall service quality offered to be poor....not only this but the range of service points alongwith convenient ways to check/make changes in the account is also a zone where airtel performs very well

Lastly buddy if u are not interested in reading factual information so u can avoid reading my posts bcoz no matter whatever is the content of the post u will simply disagree to everything without making efforts to understand the stated information or context of the same :)
airtel app mobile part is good but dth part is buggy. Ratings are high because there is no separate app for dth users and there are more mobile users on airtel app then dth users.

oh and also in newer version of app, i am not able to open the page where daily burn rate transaction shows.

Back
Top Bottom