General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,740
  • Views Views: Views 4,008,219
5bhn5Lw.jpg

😡. Presently if they rectify app bug, I'll be more than just happy. Just hope that they are working on this. I also miss an option to check EPG in app. This is there in Tata Play app. Don't know when they'll bring all these. Broadcaster bouquets still not getting listed. With EPG guide they can even bring option to remotely schedule recording. Just the STB should be in standby and we need not be near STB at all. They used to have this feature when they launched the HD recorder box. Now not available. It's almost 2024.

This is not a bug buddy but sometimes during 11:30 PM to 12:30 or 1 AM app has some downtime for maybe server maintenance or other backend maintenance work... At some instances when Airtel Backend team is updating information on app then too such errors r visible.

EPG of channels is available on Airtel XStream Play app.. Tata Play has single app for making account related changes + accessing Live TV Channels while incase of Airtel these 2 r available on separate apps namely Airtel App and Airtel XStream Play (OTT + Live TV Channels). Right now EPG available for only channels available on app and i agree they should provide dedicated tab on app for accessing schedule of all linear channels available on their DTH Platforms and they should also provide service channels + internet based + other international channels on mobile app as to carry a channel on OTT platform there is no mandatory requirement for it to have TV channel licence from government.

Recording Schedule feature was available until HD DVR product was being provided, right now i don't think HD boxes support receiving return path command from Airtel Server hence as it is technically infeasible so this feature has been discontinued

This is not a bug buddy but sometimes during 11:30 PM to 12:30 or 1 AM app has some downtime for maybe server maintenance or other backend maintenance work... At some instances when Airtel Backend team is updating information on app then too such errors r visible
It clearly say "we encountered an error". Normally operators display maintenance message for these.
EPG of channels is available on Airtel XStream Play app.. Tata Play has single app for making account related changes + accessing Live TV Channels while incase of Airtel these 2 r available on separate apps namely Airtel App and Airtel XStream Play (OTT + Live TV Channels). Right now EPG available for only channels available on app and i agree they should provide dedicated tab on app for accessing schedule of all linear channels available on their DTH Platforms and they should also provide service channels + internet based + other international channels on mobile app as to carry a channel on OTT platform there is no mandatory requirement for it to have TV channel licence from government.
Presently exactly 6 channels are available in Xstream app and all of them are news. Not even 1% of the total channels available on platform. TBH even JioTV is better in this front. It has almost all channels. But I watch few channels that are NA in JioTV. What I want is a 24hrs 7 days EPG of all channels on platform like the way Tata Play provides. Providing mobile streaming of these channels is a different thing. For that may be they need sign deals with Broadcasters. What I am talking about is very simple, just EPG for now.
Recording Schedule feature was available until HD DVR product was being provided, right now i don't think HD boxes support receiving return path command from Airtel Server hence as it is technically infeasible so this feature has been discontinued
I am pretty sure they don't need to invest on new infrastructure for this. Our STB is very much capable of it. How do you think heavy refresh and plan updates work ? Remote schedule recording works very similar to that. It doesn't require internet also.

Hi All,

i have been following this forums for quite some time and if there are any issue on update in Airtel i used to refer to this forum.

This is the first time i am posting and issue.

i am unable to see the package which i have selected hence not able to add or remove that package details, is there any workaround for the same

It clearly say "we encountered an error". Normally operators display maintenance message for these.

Presently exactly 6 channels are available in Xstream app and all of them are news. Not even 1% of the total channels available on platform. TBH even JioTV is better in this front. It has almost all channels. But I watch few channels that are NA in JioTV. What I want is a 24hrs 7 days EPG of all channels on platform like the way Tata Play provides. Providing mobile streaming of these channels is a different thing. For that may be they need sign deals with Broadcasters. What I am talking about is very simple, just EPG for now.

I am pretty sure they don't need to invest on new infrastructure for this. Our STB is very much capable of it. How do you think heavy refresh and plan updates work ? Remote schedule recording works very similar to that. It doesn't require internet also.

Usually on Airtel App when maintenance work or some updation work is on then " we have encountered an error, try again later" message appears....i don't remember seeing any message states that "maintenance work is on, we will be back soon"

Yes. EPG information for all channels should be made available on their app + website

There is a difference between between how heavy refresh is done on STB or updating plans happens as in this case via internet command is sent to Airtel Server where changes r made in ur DTH Account and same is delivered to ur STB via satellite post which encryption system/chip/card captures the same thus successfully completing the task...... Incase of sending remote command on STB for recording, although u will be able to deliver the same via internet to Airtel Server but i don't think same can be sent via satellite to activate it on STB bcoz here feature needs to switched on which ain't supported via satellite but rather internet is needed for the same, although HD boxes support internet but cannot process command in same way as Tata Play HD PVR boxes or maybe android boxes bcoz Return Path Data feature is unavailable/not supported hence it will not be able to deliver record command via intenet.... communication/sending information to the STB + back to Airtel Server cannot happen in regular SD, HD boxes.

Remote Recording feature is available on Airtel XStream Smart Android Box

Update

Some Good News Ahead For Airtel Users, Will Post When Time Nears!

Anna please post some hint / update on this, we r all awaiting to hear from u.....i anticipate lots of new things + changes r in store for Airtel Digital TV subscribers and eagerly looking forward to them :)

Back
Top Bottom