General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,740
  • Views Views: Views 4,008,219
There is a difference between between how heavy refresh is done on STB or updating plans happens as in this case via internet command is sent to Airtel Server where changes r made in ur DTH Account and same is delivered to ur STB via satellite post which encryption system/chip/card captures the same thus successfully completing the task...... Incase of sending remote command on STB for recording, although u will be able to deliver the same via internet to Airtel Server but i don't think same can be sent via satellite to activate it on STB bcoz here feature needs to switched on which ain't supported via satellite but rather internet is needed for the same, although HD boxes support internet but cannot process command in same way as Tata Play HD PVR boxes or maybe android boxes bcoz Return Path Data feature is unavailable/not supported hence it will not be able to deliver record command via intenet.... communication/sending information to the STB + back to Airtel Server cannot happen in regular SD, HD boxes
This doesn't make sense. I don't understand how technology for heavy refresh and remote schedule recording can be different. By "it doesn't require internet also", I meant at STB side.
Remote Recording feature is available on Airtel XStream Smart Android Box
Can you explain how ? That too without EPG ?

This doesn't make sense. I don't understand how technology for heavy refresh and remote schedule recording can be different. By "it doesn't require internet also", I meant at STB side.

Can you explain how ? That too without EPG ?

Bcoz there is a difference in refresh command or plan update captured on ur DTH Account in Airtel Server which is then sent to box via satellite thereby processing same via encryption system in STB and physically activating a STB command like Recording.

I think Remote Recording can be done via Airtel Smart Remote app

Bcoz there is a difference in refresh command or plan update captured on ur DTH Account in Airtel Server which is then sent to box via satellite thereby processing same via encryption system in STB and physically activating a STB command like Recording.
Only the command is different. But still the technology seems to be the same. Just tell me one thing. What technology did the recorder box had which the present HD STB doesn't have making remote schedule recording impossible ?
I think Remote Recording can be done via Airtel Smart Remote app
Again, without EPG it looks impossible. Can you check and confirm ?

Last edited:
Only the command is different. But still the technology seems to be the same. Just tell me one thing. What technology did the recorder box had which the present HD STB doesn't have making remote schedule recording impossible ?

Again, without EPG it looks impossible. Can you check and confirm ?

Already explained in above posts by me. Please read again buddy

Will cross check about remote recording feature on Airtel Smart Remote app and confirm on the same

@Vadirocks bro or anyone, if possible please confirm. Does the current Airtel HD STB has required technology to implement remote schedule recording or not ?

Why not adding hd channels airtel.......... Zee picture HD, national HD channels..... Why always late

Maybe the thing is not happening soon, will take more time.

I am anticipating some major changes / new things to be introduced since long alongwith pending new channel addition....as per my understanding/ observations there have been genuine reasons why delay has happened in implemented, already discussed about this earlier on hence will not repeat.

Awaiting updates from @Vadirocks anna, hopefully very soon all the tasks which Airtel Digital TV team r busy working on will finally be completed thereby paving way for very eagerly awaited roll out of new channels and other things 🙏

I am anticipating some major changes / new things to be introduced since long alongwith pending new channel addition....as per my understanding/ observations there have been genuine reasons why delay has happened in implemented, already discussed about this earlier on hence will not repeat.

Awaiting updates from @Vadirocks anna, hopefully very soon all the tasks which Airtel Digital TV team r busy working on will finally be completed thereby paving way for very eagerly awaited roll out of new channels and other things 🙏
Bro with all due respects, we are hearing this statement from you since a year or more now

I don’t know the internal details or what is gonna happen, but it’s advisable to give a clear picture to other members on the current status

Does ADTV have the transponder capacity to add the pending HD channels, will they work on compression to accommodate the pending channels, agreements with broadcasters, etc

Everyone wants good healthy competition in every sector

Back
Top Bottom