General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,740
  • Views Views: Views 4,008,180
Bro with all due respects, we are hearing this statement from you since a year or more now

I don’t know the internal details or what is gonna happen, but it’s advisable to give a clear picture to other members on the current status

Does ADTV have the transponder capacity to add the pending HD channels, will they work on compression to accommodate the pending channels, agreements with broadcasters, etc

Everyone wants good healthy competition in every sector

Anish da i have already shared details in this earlier in various other threads, those statements r based on my understanding of the activities and scenarios observed in last 12 or 15 months...... I have tried to decode what all cab be actual possibilities including reason for delay

They already changed Lcn of DD channels to add news channels. So from next week maybe we will see bunch of news channel addition on adtv.🥱

News Channels or other such FTA channels from different channels pay carriage fee to operators which helps them earn revenue part of which is then invested by the operator to improve its overall product offerings ....hence we should not be unhappy bcoz of this, also not all FTA News or other channels are bad most r viewed by respective audience they cater to while some FTA channels might not be of any use to anyone but still as i have said it helps earn revenue for DTH or Cable Operators

Lastly Airtel Digital TV is not prioritising addition of FTA channels over required / demanded Pay TV Channels,,both r being added in parallel....certain channels are pending addition most likely bcoz of other valid reasons as i have explained many times earlier hence please wait for some more time for them to be launched on Airtel Digital TV Platform :)

@Vadirocks anna is Travel XP HD still in test mode on 12401 V transponder? Any other channel available / testing on this new transponder of Airtel Digital TV?

Also new HD channels might also be added on 12341 V transponder while more FTA / carriage fee channels likely to be added on 11642 H, 12281 H etc

@Vadirocks anna is Travel XP HD still in test mode on 12401 V transponder? Any other channel available / testing on this new transponder of Airtel Digital TV?

Also new HD channels might also be added on 12341 V transponder while more FTA / carriage fee channels likely to be added on 11642 H, 12281 H etc

Sun Bangla HD & Sun Marathi HD Coming Bro

Rest Need To Check

Sun Bangla HD & Sun Marathi HD Coming Bro

Rest Need To Check

Anna, Please do check with ur source about forthcoming channel additions and new changes/ things which r soon to be introduced on Airtel Digital TV Platform. Eagerly awaiting for updates / information on this 🙏

How to change the plan in Airtel? My bro recently activated his STB back and it came with some Airtel plan. Can I change it to my own pack with broadcaster packs?

The app is so complex and does not show any broadcaster packs. Not sure how Airtel DTH survives with this app.

How to change the plan in Airtel? My bro recently activated his STB back and it came with some Airtel plan. Can I change it to my own pack with broadcaster packs?

The app is so complex and does not show any broadcaster packs. Not sure how Airtel DTH survives with this app.
Yes. Airtel app is bad and is getting worse. For pack changes they are making customers call them every time. While we still have a workaround like below,
it is still inconvenient. Good app should be their top priority now. It is affecting many customers. I think, presently they are surviving only because of competitive DPO packs, presence of majority of channels on platform and good PQ & AQ. With this horrible app and increasing customer inconvenience, it is only a matter of time before they start losing business.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom