General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,767
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,528
Nishal said:
What do we do about no signal on tp 11480 shwal_who bro...???
It's really pathetic & disgusting that...

we cant really do anything, except waiting for d problem to resolve itself. :(

Does SES-7 have 5 additional spare transponders? Most sources say SES-7 has 22 ku-band tps, but according to NORAD data SES-7 has 27 ku-band transponders. Even Satbeams website says SES-7 has 5 spare transponders. If so can these extra 5 tp be used for redundancy. I mean the solar power may not be enough to run 27 tps together but if one tp like 11480 v fails then could a spare tp be activated in its place?

iphifi said:
Does SES-7 have 5 additional spare transponders? Most sources say SES-7 has 22 ku-band tps, but according to NORAD data SES-7 has 27 ku-band transponders. Even Satbeams website says SES-7 has 5 spare transponders. If so can these extra 5 tp be used for redundancy. I mean the solar power may not be enough to run 27 tps together but if one tp like 11480 v fails then could a spare tp be activated in its place?

no. of tps - 19

http://www.ses.com/4629097/ses-7

shawl_who said:

I know. But another SES press release says 22 here:

http://www.ses.com/4233325/news/2011/4492230

SES-7 provides incremental Ku-band capacity at the well-established orbital location of 108.2º East, driving the growth of DTH and enterprise services across South Asia and the Asia Pacific region. The satellite, formerly known as ProtoStar II, has the potential of reaching 400 million households across Asia. Built by Boeing and launched in May 2009, the spacecraft has an expected service life of 15 years and carries 22 high-power physical Ku-band transponders on switchable beams and 10 S-band transponders.

And NORAD data says:

The 8,609-pound [3,905-kg] ProtoStar 2 satellite carries its own propulsion system to reach a final geosynchronous orbit 22,300 miles [35,900 km] over the equator. The spacecraft will be positioned in a slot at 107.7 degrees east longitude in the geosynchronous belt, allowing it to reach customers in Indonesia, India, the Philippines and Taiwan. ProtoStar 2, also called IndoStar 2, is outfitted with 13 S-band and 27 Ku-band transponders on a Boeing 601HP satellite platform designed to last at least 15 years.

n2yo.com/satellite/?s=34941

satbeams.com/satellites?norad=34941

22(+5 spare) Ku-band, 10(+3 spare) S(X)-band transponders to provide robust DTH and other telecommunications services including broadband Internet throughout the Asia-Pacific region

earlier i got 67 signal and ber on 6 to 7 on red colour, now I am getting all tp's yellow signal because of cable length is high

Back
Top Bottom