Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Sony BBC Earth social media accounts not updated since last 3 days, with inability to garner ratings since almost last 6 months i am fearing that channel will shutdown soon. Also which means CBeebies plan scrapped before launch.

By the way Sony might launch a new hindi movie or music channel to compensate for this.

Also with Sony and Discovered possibly becoming part of Viacom-CBS entity, this might result in DSport getting closed, already Discovery promoting GolfTV App for Golf Events and it indicates linear feed going off air soon.

Star India might again revamp Fox Life bcoz of dismal performance

Sony BBC Earth social media accounts not updated since last 3 days, with inability to garner ratings since almost last 6 months i am fearing that channel will shutdown soon.
This is not a sign of the channel shutting down. Even if social media accounts are not updated for a month or two, that does not mean the broadcaster will pull the plug on the channel. Look at Star Gold Select. Sony Le Plex HD's Facebook page was active until a week before the last day.
By the way Sony might launch a new hindi movie or music channel to compensate for this.
Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen. As much as we want Sony to launch a dedicated Bollywood HD movie channel and HD music channel, all the brightest minds at SPN are working for the Hindi GECs (and also Sony Pix). Sony Mix HD and Sony Max 2 HD are out of the question (assuming Sony Max 2 gives up the classic/pre-2010-only tag and starts showing Piku, Tumhari Sulu, etc.). Sony is not going to launch an equivalent of Star Gold Select/Zee Bollywood/&xplor HD; remember the way it axed Sony Rox HD despite a dedicated audience.
Discovery promoting GolfTV App for Golf Events and it indicates linear feed going off air soon.
Discovery should bring an OTT service to India like Dplay in the Nordic countries.

Last edited:
Sony BBC Earth social media accounts not updated since last 3 days, with inability to garner ratings since almost last 6 months i am fearing that channel will shutdown soon. Also which means CBeebies plan scrapped before launch.

Also with Sony and Discovered possibly becoming part of Viacom-CBS entity, this might result in DSport getting closed, already Discovery promoting GolfTV App for Golf Events and it indicates linear feed going off air soon.

Star India might again revamp Fox Life bcoz of dismal performance
Sony BBC Earth's content will come to Discovery like before. Good for customers. Less burden on cable bill.

Fox Life's content curation and timing is just bad. They need to bring more travel shows like they had when they were Fox History & Traveller. Enough with the cooking shows when Star World is airing MasterChefs after the year.

Last edited:
This is not a sign of the channel shutting down. Even if social media accounts are not updated for a month or two, that does not mean the broadcaster will pull the plug on the channel. Look at Star Gold Select. Sony Le Plex HD's Facebook page was active until a week before the last day.

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen. As much as we want Sony to launch a dedicated Bollywood HD movie channel and HD music channel, all the brightest minds at SPN are working for the Hindi GECs (and also Sony Pix). Sony Mix HD and Sony Max 2 HD are out of the question (assuming Sony Max 2 gives up the classic/pre-2010-only tag and starts showing Piku, Tumhari Sulu, etc.). Sony is not going to launch an equivalent of Star Gold Select/Zee Bollywood/&xplor HD; remember the way it axed Sony Rox HD despite a dedicated audience.

Discovery should bring an OTT service to India like Dplay in the Nordic countries.

Well Jolly bhai i will be really sad if BBC Earth is discontinued but afraid signals r not giving good feel. I agree social media accounts being inactive is not always sign of channels being pulled off but this depends on case to case basis. I can elaborate but refrain right now bcoz of paucity of time. All i can say is this is an extremely worrying sign for Sony BBC Earth.

I would ideally not want Discovery to get BBC content, purely bcoz of the fact that they cannot match packaging / presentation / content curation/scheduling which BBC can while running own channels.

Rolling over to Sony adding a new hindi movie or music channel in its portfolio. Well bhai, yes few months back i shared same opinion as urs specially after they suffered setbacks right at start of year. Expansion that too in our favorite genres was far off dream but hey hey... This has great chsnce of happening now and i will explain why. As u know Sony has lost out on YRF and 2 Filmkraft movies recently, there is possibility of other producers or bollywood houses changing to other side bcoz they realise Sony is not giving proper air time to their movies. Remember just getting money from selling rights is not enough, bollywood people want visibility for its films which helps create buzz among people thus not leaving things to fade off. Sony will surely be under pressure to launch bollywood channel to convince the concerned people.

Now coming to hindi music channel going on air... This coming to reality is again not a stretch of imagination. Just few weeks back Sony Mix got a facelift, they have made it more urban or youth centric thereby also increasing time reserved for new songs. There can be plans to start a channel for primarily catering to 80's, 90's, 2000's music which gets huge viewership and it will compete with mastiii, 9x jalwa and b4u music. Having dedicated channels for new and older music will help expand viewer base and break the overlapping which can inturn bring in more advertisers on board too.

Well Jolly bhai i will be really sad if BBC Earth is discontinued but afraid signals r not giving good feel. I agree social media accounts being inactive is not always sign of channels being pulled off but this depends on case to case basis. I can elaborate but refrain right now bcoz of paucity of time. All i can say is this is an extremely worrying sign for Sony BBC Earth.

I would ideally not want Discovery to get BBC content, purely bcoz of the fact that they cannot match packaging / presentation / content curation/scheduling which BBC can while running own channels.

Rolling over to Sony adding a new hindi movie or music channel in its portfolio. Well bhai, yes few months back i shared same opinion as urs specially after they suffered setbacks right at start of year. Expansion that too in our favorite genres was far off dream but hey hey... This has great chsnce of happening now and i will explain why. As u know Sony has lost out on YRF and 2 Filmkraft movies recently, there is possibility of other producers or bollywood houses changing to other side bcoz they realise Sony is not giving proper air time to their movies. Remember just getting money from selling rights is not enough, bollywood people want visibility for its films which helps create buzz among people thus not leaving things to fade off. Sony will surely be under pressure to launch bollywood channel to convince the concerned people.

Now coming to hindi music channel going on air... This coming to reality is again not a stretch of imagination. Just few weeks back Sony Mix got a facelift, they have made it more urban or youth centric thereby also increasing time reserved for new songs. There can be plans to start a channel for primarily catering to 80's, 90's, 2000's music which gets huge viewership and it will compete with mastiii, 9x jalwa and b4u music. Having dedicated channels for new and older music will help expand viewer base and break the overlapping which can inturn bring in more advertisers on board too.
Agreed sony will launch a Bollywood channel

Shifting Focus to Star India -

At present it seems SIPL lost their ideas - plans - creativity and audience friendly attitude completely for the followings :-

1.Rebranding of their Movie Clusters pending from Pre- IPL Season. Star Gold Graphics & Design literally getting Backdated Day by Day. Even though SIPL holds the license for revamping Movies OK to Star Gold 2 and Star Utsav Movies to Star Gold Family - " but / a big But " that till the Process pending nearly after 9 months of receiving MIB permission.
Also repeating Star - Disney (UTV) Movie Library by shuffling to ViceVersa Channels leading to meaningless attitude day after day.

2. Keeping Baby TV HD alive with no Means and not Providing HD Feed for Star Sports 3 also another disaster decision from SIPL front.

3. After Launching nearly for 3 months now even what is Star doing or what is the exact intentions for NGC Tamil - NGC Telugu - SS1 Marathi ? It's really a million dollar Question that exactly who are receiving and Watching these Channels ? SIPL have not bothered for Distribution and Contact All DPOs to carry these 3 Channels. Hopeless Decision.......

4.SIPL should now reconsider about the Future of Star World - Star World Premiere HD - Star Movies Select HD asap. Or else OTT will really swallow these Channels in near future.

By naming itself as No.1 Broadcaster of India (Oh!!Really???) Star should stop their Day Dreaming and refrain themselves from Day Light Robbery from Subscribers Pockets.

Really frustrated over SIPL now..........

Last edited:
Shifting Focus to Star India -

At present it seems SIPL lost their ideas - plans - creativity and audience friendly attitude completely for the followings :-

1.Rebranding of their Movie Clusters pending from Pre- IPL Season. Star Gold Graphics & Design literally getting Backdated Day by Day. Even though SIPL holds the license for revamping Movies OK to Star Gold 2 and Star Utsav Movies to Star Gold Family - " but / a big But " that till the Process pending nearly after 9 months of receiving MIB permission.
Also repeating Star - Disney (UTV) Movie Library by shuffling to ViceVersa Channels leading to meaningless attitude day after day.

2. Keeping Baby TV HD alive with no Means and not Providing HD Feed for Star Sports 3 also another disaster decision from SIPL front.

3. After Launching nearly for 3 months now even what is Star doing or what is the exact intentions for NGC Tamil - NGC Telugu - SS1 Marathi ? It's really a million dollar Question that exactly who are receiving and Watching these Channels ? SIPL have not bothered for Distribution and Contact All DPOs to carry these 3 Channels. Hopeless Decision.......

4.SIPL should now reconsider about the Future of Star World - Star World Premiere HD - Star Movies Select HD asap. Or else OTT will really swallow these Channels in near future.

By naming itself as No.1 Broadcaster of India (Oh!!Really???) Star should stop their Day Dreaming and refrain themselves from Day Light Robbery from Subscribers Pockets.

Really frustrated over SIPL now..........
Sony did a pre IPL and post IPL movie cluster rebranding though

DD Celebrating Glorious 60 Years :love:

Source

Source

EDyYah_UcAMZQtz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock