Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,376
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,074
Reduce airing of Science of Stupid. It is ruining the credibility of Nat Geo brand.
Yeah.. totally
History TV 18 also does the same. Keeps on airing OMG: Yeh Mera India.
They have a huge catalogue including so many good shows from History Channel (International) & H2.

There used to be a show called Duck Dynasty. I miss it so much.

Yeah.. totally
History TV 18 also does the same. Keeps on airing OMG: Yeh Mera India.
They have a huge catalogue including so many good shows from History Channel (International) & H2.

There used to be a show called Duck Dynasty. I miss it so much.
HD version has improved a lot. I was watching same episodes of Storage Wars from 2014-2017. Ever since last year they are giving importance to original content.

IIRC, Insight 4K was to be launched by the iTV Network (India News, NewsX, PTunes). It was to be a 4K channel.

Yes, they chose wrong partner. Should have gone for a more established player or best option was to bypass all hassle and launch as a service channel. I have already shared latter suggestion with them, let's see if they work on it in future or not

It's 2nd October. A Big Day for Nation.
But Star India completely losts from the Backend.

Because from 2nd October Star India can really do Revamp it's Movie Clusters namely Movies OK & Star Utsav Movies. At present Star India holding 2 Name Change Licenses from Long 9 Months back. But never shows any Intention or shows any hints for Rebranding the above mentioned Channels , those becoming so much Repetative Day by day.

There are some News that These Rebranding will take place post IPL. But never happened.
Then again the News started spreading that Rebranding will take place on 15th August. But never happened.

And again an Important Day that is 2nd Oct-Gandhi Jayanti now passing by but Star India again Failed to do anything for these needful.

It's High time for Star to revamp their these Entities with the Following:-
a) Movies OK with Star Gold 2 / Star Gold Thrills
Bollywood (1990-2015)+South Dubbed Action Thriller Movies
b) Star Utsav Movies with Star Gold Family
Pure Bollywood Classics (1975-1990)+ Family oriented Movies

Also really it will be Highly Appreciable if the Entire Present (Outdated) Graphics of Star Gold can be Changed to New Colorful one .

Remember "Diwali" is Coming Very Soon........
'To be or Not to be' - That's the Million Dollar Question !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Also really it will be Highly Appreciable if the Entire Present (Outdated) Graphics of Star Gold can be Changed to New Colorful one .

Remember "Diwali" is Coming Very Soon........
'To be or Not to be' - That's the Million Dollar Question !!!!!!!!!
I have lost all hope from Star regarding the rebrand of Star Gold. They have stopped after Star Jalsha and Plus. Sister company TS is also busy with satellite migration due to which LCN changes and channel addition have been delayed.

IMHO Star Plus should not have rebranded a second time in 2018 (Rishta Wahi, Baat Nayi); the Nayi Soch graphics (2016) were enough. But Star suddenly decided to start the Kohinoorisation of its channels (applying the Kohinoor font) beginning with Star Plus and continuing with Jalsha. Graphics packages should run for three years at least and six at most; not two (Star Plus 2016–18), and not eight (Star Gold 2011–202?).

Last edited:
I have lost all hope from Star regarding the rebrand of Star Gold. They have stopped after Star Jalsha and Plus. Sister company TS is also busy with satellite migration due to which LCN changes and channel addition have been delayed.

IMHO Star Plus should not have rebranded a second time in 2018 (Rishta Wahi, Baat Nayi); the Nayi Soch graphics (2016) were enough. But Star suddenly decided to start the Kohinoorisation of its channels (applying the Kohinoor font) beginning with Star Plus and continuing with Jalsha. Graphics packages should run for three years at least and six at most; not two (Star Plus 2016–18), and not eight (Star Gold 2011–202?).

Absolutely @JollyLNB Bhai.
It's same Angry Bird Reaction from My Side

Nowadays it seems a Worthy (?) Trend as Create Huge Hype of Something in the Market and then just sit back & sleep.

Star following this path very much after Post TRAI scenario by

A) Not creating Pressure to their sister company TS to Update New RIO Agreement and add UTV Channels in SV Pack.

B) Keeping NGC Tamil-NGC Telugu-SS1 Marathi in huge Suspense either to add in Various Platforms or Shutdown.

C) Future of holding Several New Licenses with Existing Channel Renaming Licenses.

D) Graphics Modification of Star Gold & other Movie Cluster with Star Sports Network.

So Moral of the Post:-

"......All that Glitters are Not [Star] Gold...."

Last edited:
Adding a Different Taste for Lovers of Classic Era..........

Sony Mix has now Geared up for a Brand New Show to Pay tribute to the Yester Years Maestros in "Yaadein" Everyday from 9 pm to 10 pm. It will Highlight and remember One Famous Person and his/her Creativity & Songs daily.

For this "Raina Beeti Jaaye" shifted to 10 pm Slot Daily.

SPN should think of Sony Mix HD to penetrate more Market - More Subscribers - More Revenue.

Back
Top Bottom