Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Also they are airing each other's library since months.
●●1)Star / Disney started Sharing Only Star Library in huge Numbers. UTV Library are very Less in Sharing compare to Star Library.
●●2)Sharing was restricted within 1 or 2 Movies per day in Non Prime Time Slots. Main Prime Time Slots used for South Dubbed Movies in UTV Network.
●●3)Now the Sharing increases on UTV Network with atleast 4 to 5 Movies per day from Star Library with very Less Ad - Break from this Diwali.
●●4)"Raajneeti" too telecasted on Star. Now again shared with UTV.

FYI, Rajneeti was always with UTV HD. Also they are airing each other's library since months.

UTV movies still are not airing on Star Network, as i said alteration in terms of contract must be limitation. Same goes for Eros or Viacom18 library.

I think Viacom18 is giving up on bollywood channel, all its films will move to Star or Zee.Cineplex HD may be on way out.

Sony needs to add a new movie channel, they even have so many gr8 offbeat cinema which can also prove to be hit if crafted into a dedicated channel. Sad that sony is letting all go waste. Thinking of writing tp their senior people for requesting to launch new channels or rent out library to FTA chs on revenue share basis

When was the last time? This aired on Star. I am watching this movie on UTV HD since it's launch on last year.

It was with Star for a long time, this was in early part of last decade to about 2012 when UTV had tie up with them for rights. Later UTV had 1st output deal with Zee while keeping 2ndary airing rights with them, certain ones like Rajneeti from older stock were kept exclusively with UTV. Even Viacom18 had arrangement where they kept 1st telecast rights of home production or Eros films to themselves while afterwards UTV got chance to air them. R Rajkumar, Tevar, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Brothers, Gabbar is Bacl etc... List is long.

Anyways with takeover of Disney over Star India i am happy, they r decreasing spending on buying high priced cricket rights and focusing on other sports too. Also ending Salman movie rights deal was right step, now same money is being used to expand movie library by getting rights of wide range of titles.

Disney Channels should be inducted in bouquet and they should consider launching online movie channels in English GEC or Movie space to counter OTT else it will be tough to let these channels remain financially viable. A comedy based English GEC would still work fine on TV

Fun Fact - Fox/Star had partnered with History TV (partly owned by Disney) in last decade to launch Fox History which qas dissolved later on. Now Disney has acquired Star/Fox. At that time History TV had core focus on shows depicting incidents happned in past or biographical stuff (even international versions of channel) but later shifted to more contemporary stuff

It was with Star for a long time, this was in early part of last decade to about 2012 when UTV had tie up with them for rights. Later UTV had 1st output deal with Zee while keeping 2ndary airing rights with them, certain ones like Rajneeti from older stock were kept exclusively with UTV. Even Viacom18 had arrangement where they kept 1st telecast rights of home production or Eros films to themselves while afterwards UTV got chance to air them. R Rajkumar, Tevar, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Brothers, Gabbar is Bacl etc... List is long.

Anyways with takeover of Disney over Star India i am happy, they r decreasing spending on buying high priced cricket rights and focusing on other sports too. Also ending Salman movie rights deal was right step, now same money is being used to expand movie library by getting rights of wide range of titles.

Disney Channels should be inducted in bouquet and they should consider launching online movie channels in English GEC or Movie space to counter OTT else it will be tough to let these channels remain financially viable. A comedy based English GEC would still work fine on TV

Fun Fact - Fox/Star had partnered with History TV (partly owned by Disney) in last decade to launch Fox History which qas dissolved later on. Now Disney has acquired Star/Fox. At that time History TV had core focus on shows depicting incidents happned in past or biographical stuff (even international versions of channel) but later shifted to more contemporary stuff
Who owned the original History channel in India before Fox History & Entertainment happened?

It entered India as JV itself. Later On name changes happened to revamp as per need, once to incorporate Fox identity and later post exit of History TV to build own local brand. Fox History and Traveller or Entertainment or Fox Traveller but nothing worked ultimately leading to Fox Life which again is not performing. They should instead launch a Travel Channel

When was the last time? This aired on Star. I am watching this movie on UTV HD since it's launch on last year.
World TV Premiere of "Rajneeti" was Aired on Star Gold. When Star Gold HD was launched then also "Rajneeti" was Scheduled to Air on Star Gold HD on HD Version. Later on for may be 2 times "Rajneeti" aired on Star Plus.
When UTV Movies was launched they kept the Rights for Telecast but ignored to telecast as UTV more interested in South Dubbed Contents more than Bollywood Stuffs after 3 years of launch.
Now when UTV HD launched then to increase Hindi Titles over South Masalas again Mainstream Hindi Titles observed the Day Light.
@dino29 Bhai explained it flawlessly👇
It was with Star for a long time, this was in early part of last decade to about 2012 when UTV had tie up with them for rights. Later UTV had 1st output deal with Zee while keeping 2ndary airing rights with them, certain ones like Rajneeti from older stock were kept exclusively with UTV.

Star India has this terrible strategy of deleting songs from movies and even parts of scenes to shorten movie length and finishing movie in less duration with ads. Now same being done on UTV Movies which is reason for shorter time bands scheduled for each film.

This makes me really unhappy. Writing since last 5 years to them requesting to not do this but still no change except on minor occasions

Star India has this terrible strategy of deleting songs from movies and even parts of scenes to shorten movie length and finishing movie in less duration with ads. Now same being done on UTV Movies which is reason for shorter time bands scheduled for each film.

This makes me really unhappy. Writing since last 5 years to them requesting to not do this but still no change except on minor occasions
Absolutely. Same observations from My side. Star Utsav Movies aired "Coolie No.1" on Evening Slot with Time Band from 6.55 pm to 9.15 pm with just 2 hrs 20 mins Run Time and Chopped almost All Good Music Tracks of the Movie. Some Rediculous strategy by Star / Disney.

I think Viacom18 is giving up on bollywood channel, all its films will move to Star or Zee.Cineplex HD may be on way out.

Sony needs to add a new movie channel, they even have so many gr8 offbeat cinema which can also prove to be hit if crafted into a dedicated channel. Sad that sony is letting all go waste. Thinking of writing tp their senior people for requesting to launch new channels or rent out library to FTA chs on revenue share basis
Do you think Viacom18 could give its library to Sony in order to exit the Hindi movie channel market? Then there will be more movies for Sony to launch a dedicated channel. Also, the new channel should be in both SD and HD since Sony has not been able to maintain premium HD-only channels, and having a pure Bollywood channel should be available to as many viewers as possible (in addition to Sony Max 2).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock