Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Fun Fact - Fox/Star had partnered with History TV (partly owned by Disney) in last decade to launch Fox History which qas dissolved later on. Now Disney has acquired Star/Fox. At that time History TV had core focus on shows depicting incidents happned in past or biographical stuff (even international versions of channel) but later shifted to more contemporary stuff
It entered India as JV itself. Later On name changes happened to revamp as per need, once to incorporate Fox identity and later post exit of History TV to build own local brand. Fox History and Traveller or Entertainment or Fox Traveller but nothing worked ultimately leading to Fox Life which again is not performing. They should instead launch a Travel Channel
Logopedia has a summary: Fox Life (India)

Fox Life is an Indian food and lifestyle channel, owned by Star. It was launched on 30 November 2003 as The History Channel, then rebranded to Fox History & Entertainment in 2008. Its focus moved from informational programming to lifestyle and food as it rebranded two times in 2011—first to Fox History & Traveller and again to Fox Traveller—before the name Fox Life was adopted in 2014.

Fox Life is the only Fox-branded channel in the country after Fox Crime, Fox Action Movies and FX all shut down. Its main competitors are TLC, NDTV Good Times, FYI TV18, Travelxp and Living Foodz.

The History Channel was launched by Star on 30 November 2003, as a partnership with National Geographic.

The History Channel was renamed to Fox History & Entertainment on 22 November 2008, therefore temporarily ending the History brand in India before it returned in October 2011 as History TV18.

Fox History & Entertainment was renamed to Fox History & Traveller on 17 May 2011 as it began showing more travel and lifestyle-related shows. The logo was largely the same as its predecessor.

The logo was changed yet again on 15 July 2011 to highlight the channel’s near-total transition to food, travel and lifestyle shows. The word ‘History’ was greatly diminished, as was that genre’s importance.

Barely a few months after its renaming to Fox History & Traveller, the channel was renamed again to Fox Traveller on 30 October 2011 to make it clear that it would henceforth be exclusively a lifestyle channel. This came a few weeks after History returned to India as History TV18.

Disclaimer: I have written those words on that site. I do not want to promote any external site on DDF, but the fact remains that I am a user of that site. If you ask me for proof that it is me, I can give it. If I am asked to remove all this text, I will do that as well.

Last edited:
To Celebrate the Birthday of "Shahrukh Khan" - 2 Hindi Movie Channels taken pleasure to Showcase Some SRK Films today.

The Schedule are:-

Zee Bollywood:-
07.00 am - Baadshah
10.07 am - Pardes
02.19 pm - Dil Aashna Hai
05.13 pm - Baazigaar
08.56 pm - Chennai Express
11.58 pm - Yes Boss

Sony Max 2:-
08.34 am - Rab Ne Banadi Jodi
06.50 pm - Deewana

So All SRK Fans - Just Enjoy the Screenings..........

Disney International HD removed all animated content from its line up. Even popular shows like Good Luck Charlie and Wizards of Waverly Place is back in Prime Time.

Remote exactly identical to airtel sans logo featured in &flix latest promo ad
mIReRkX.jpg

Last edited:
Disney International HD removed all animated content from its line up. Even popular shows like Good Luck Charlie and Wizards of Waverly Place is back in Prime Time.
Star has got amazing opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Move sitcoms to Disney International HD. Also bring back old sitcoms from ABC, ABC Family and Freeform. At the same time rebrand Star World with more adult centric content. They can give good competition to Comedy Central and Colors Infinity.

Since last week or so Sony Max2 showing some nice films in after hrs. slot - watched Dor, Bunty aur Babli, Darna Zaroori Hai and today Malaamaal Company is scheduled. May be they r testing these like Star India does before launching in main slots.

Also anyone knows why schedule for star utsav movies not updated tomorrow onwards? Atleast same is case for airtel

Since last week or so Sony Max2 showing some nice films in after hrs. slot - watched Dor, Bunty aur Babli, Darna Zaroori Hai and today Malaamaal Company is scheduled. May be they r testing these like Star India does before launching in main slots.

Also anyone knows why schedule for star utsav movies not updated tomorrow onwards? Atleast same is case for airtel
Dor was with Zee so was Malamaal Weekly

B
Dor was with Zee so was Malamaal Weekly
Both zee and sony have library of sahara one / k sera sera production movies. Since long these studios have joint satellite right deals, earlier these movies were with various FTA chs but then biggies grabbed it. Malaamaal Weekly is on Z Anmol Cinema too tonight

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock