Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Turner used to b their subsidiary, they just stopped operating indian chs from Hong Kong and gave responsibility to its Indian office. Star got agreement to distribute HBO Premium chs and acquired original shows. Its not like HBO had quit from here.
HBO Asia had an joint venture with Eros International which operated HBO Hits and HBO Defined and had quit Indian Market once the JV agreement ran over it time. HBO Asia has publicly exited Indian market when they have announced deal with Star India. Also one of the reason is they had about 500k subs only for both the channels and wasn't gonna breakeven. The HBO movie channel was however run by Turner India only as far as I remember.
Now under new owners changes r happening to rebrand as well as maybe have operational makeover
Yeah I hope they would do that! But I don't have any hope though. They are pathetic enough to come up with HBO max, how they imagined not having Industry quality app without key features like 4k UHD. And also worse thinking HBO GO, HBO now and HBO max in a single market. Internationally they have no aspirations to grow it seems, they have licensed everything to third parties in the key markets like Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. They are aiming to capitalise markets where HBO is present in but working hard imo though. Recently they are thinking of selling Crunchyroll which was responsible for HBO max app.

Remember, the main HBO channel was not available in HD until September 2016. HBO HD recently celebrated its 4th anniversary together with Sony Sab HD.

I think Anjan TV converted into Hindi GEC and B4U Kadak telecasting south movies in Bhojpuri.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock