Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Colors rebranded exactly 6 years ago today. For some reason, despite having good graphics and branding, I have never liked this channel because of its theme music. It has been used all the way since 2008, and Colors had the opportunity to change it, but unlike any other TV channel rebrand, it didn’t change the music. :cf2: Am I the only one who finds it extremely irritating? :huh: I think some people find the jingle of the Zee network irritating, but nothing is as irritating (and catchy at the same time) as the Colors theme music. I wish it could be changed some day. Even ABP Ananda changed the theme music after 15 years.

Link to the rebrand thread from 2016: New Logo Of Colors TV

Colors rebranded exactly 6 years ago today

Link to the rebrand thread from 2016: New Logo Of Colors TV
The 2016 rebrand of colors was the true downfall of it's content Comedy nights with Kapil off aired at same year, Bigg Boss lost it's true charm & comedy nights bachao got off aired i use to like that channel during 2014 time And they're showing bad serials like naagin and all although I liked it's 1st season

Bhool Bhulaiyaa airing for the first time on Star Utsav Movies today and that too break free

For the first time I am seeing a Break-Free movie on SUM

Bhool Bhulaiyaa got around 50 lakhs impressions each time it aired on Star Gold (with breaks + despite being a paid channel)

So this airing has got the benefit on debut on DDFD + Breakfree + sunday night slot so it can clock around 75L-1cr impressions but it has tough competitors in the form of Bahubali 2 also on DDFD (Sony Wah) and IPL also
RMQPGeh.jpg
nzE15jY.jpg

Bhool Bhulaiyaa airing for the first time on Star Utsav Movies today and that too break free

Bhool Bhulaiyaa got around 50 lakhs impressions each time it aired on Star Gold (with breaks + despite being a paid channel)

So this airing has got the benefit on debut on DDFD + Breakfree + sunday night slot so it can clock around 75L-1cr impressions but it has tough competitors in the form of Bahubali 2 also on DDFD (Sony Wah) and IPL also
RMQPGeh.jpg
nzE15jY.jpg

Star Utsav Movies has been airing break free movie at 7 pm slot since IPL began

Star Movies is ramping up its Hollywood movie library and so r star/disney hindi movie chs as far as dubbed hollywood movies r concerned . Now i think disney+hotstar will try to get more studios onboard as till now they just by and large Hollywood or international films from their own studio

Colors rebranded exactly 6 years ago today. For some reason, despite having good graphics and branding, I have never liked this channel because of its theme music. It has been used all the way since 2008, and Colors had the opportunity to change it, but unlike any other TV channel rebrand, it didn’t change the music. :cf2: Am I the only one who finds it extremely irritating? :huh: I think some people find the jingle of the Zee network irritating
I'm also there in ur party for Colors bgm 😂
I just hate 2016 bgm. Firstly it's same from launch year with minor change now and second it's not that soothing for ears.

If u have noticed precisely then 2008 i.e; orginal bgm was edited little by adding vocals in 2016 bgm and this was thier biggest mistake,it was like ruining the original (orignal was bit okay :blush2:)

And about Zee jingle, I'm a person who likes it as it's thier identity of uniformity, but they could have modified it for each language like they did for Zee Punjabi,Zee Music,Zee Studio.

RMQPGeh.jpg
nzE15jY.jpg

Most of the films which i have requested to star/disney thru feedback sent on twitter , they have been gradually added to their library /schedule and more likely to arrive soon. Quite happy that almost all of these movies have worked well for star/disney. I always knew audience will like these films, just that broadcaster needs to make sure to promote these films well where again star/disney is the best.

3 kinds of audience gets attracted to a channel if good movie is well promoted and aired - Those who had forgotten about the film but they loved watching it earlier, those who r not aware about the film and interest is generated as promos appear to watch the film and the OTT audience which knows about the movie but due to so much searching, confusion or time required to watch fav movies on OTT they somehow skip these films and TV offers best comfortable and curated experience.

Star/disney is the only hindi movies network which is not dependent on dubbed south indian movies to get ratings or success. It has excellent and ever expanding bollywood film library which brings them highest ratings. All thanks to star/disney team who always notes down viewer feedback, works out ways to acquire the films or make changes in strategy and implements it soon in best possible manner.

Thumbs Up to Star/Disney team and a big round of applause for working so hard and having such great bond with viewers 👍

Most of the films which i have requested to star/disney thru feedback sent on twitter , they have been gradually added to their library /schedule and more likely to arrive soon. Quite happy that almost all of these movies have worked well for star/disney. I always knew audience will like these films, just that broadcaster needs to make sure to promote these films well where again star/disney is the best.

3 kinds of audience gets attracted to a channel if good movie is well promoted and aired - Those who had forgotten about the film but they loved watching it earlier, those who r not aware about the film and interest is generated as promos appear to watch the film and the OTT audience which knows about the movie but due to so much searching, confusion or time required to watch fav movies on OTT they somehow skip these films and TV offers best comfortable and curated experience.

Star/disney is the only hindi movies network which is not dependent on dubbed south indian movies to get ratings or success. It has excellent and ever expanding bollywood film library which brings them highest ratings. All thanks to star/disney team who always notes down viewer feedback, works out ways to acquire the films or make changes in strategy and implements it soon in best possible manner.

Thumbs Up to Star/Disney team and a big round of applause for working so hard and having such great bond with viewers 👍
Don't underestimate south dubbed films bro. From those films hindi channels getting some ratings PUSHPA THE RISE has proved that and again it will be proved when KGF CHAPTER 2 and RRR will be premiered on Zee cinema and Sony Max. viacom18 has given 2 channels for South dubbed movies. Disney-Star is doing good in hindi region but in south it is the most hatred network specially in kannada and telugu due to lack repeating movies, more ads and skipping scenes.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate south dubbed films bro. From those films hindi channels getting some ratings PUSHPA THE RISE has proved that and again it will be proved when KGF CHAPTER 2 and RRR will be premiered on Zee cinema and Sony Max. viacom18 has given 2 channels for South dubbed movies. Disney-Star is doing good in hindi region but in south it is the most hatred network specially in kannada and telugu due to lack repeating movies, more ads and skipping scenes.

Well being hindi movie chs they should focus more on bollywood films . I m not underestimating dubbed south indian movies but hindi movie chs ignoring bollywood films and giving more importance to dubbed south indian movies is not the right strategy. Already explained in detail the reasoning behind this. If a hindi movie channel falls behind in airing bollywood films or getting ratings from bollywood films then there r many negatives arising out of it. If u carefully go thru data on this then u will understand this properly. Also hindi movie chs primary focus should b get most of its viewership from north, west india, east india thru bollywood or dubbed movies and there is economic rationale behind this which i have again discussed in detail before

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock