Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Disney-Star not doing justice to YRF most of the movies ignored some movies airing In watershed hours upcoming films airing without promotions 1st time premier should be in main channels star gold and star gold 2. Aditya chopra should sortout this issues soon.

Buddy, i do understand that there r few films which deserve to b aired more often in prime slots on Star/disney hindi movie chs and i am sure this issue will b sorted soon.

Most of the retro films or even some newer films fetch less viewership thus airing these on flagship chs leads to decline in ratings. Flsgships chs need to maintain high ratings in order to get good ad slot rates thus they air mostly films which will help achieve this target. This helps maintain balance between investment incurred in buying popular new or old films & getting desired revenue

YRF classic films which u mentioned were aired few times on Star Gold 2 & therafter on UTV Movies too & still they r occasionally aired on utv movies or star utsav movies in prime slots. Very Soon i am expecting star/disney to launch Star Gold Romance (inplace of UTV Movies) , Star Gold Family (Star Utsav Movies) & most probably a new classic bollywood movie channel. Before this content strategy will b reworked & implemented as the chs launch. You will see all sidelined movies being aired on them.

You can take example of Zee Action, Zee Classic for this. Both these chs operate on a different revenue model/strategy and there is little pressure to achieve high ratings. Films aired on these r usually ones which r acquired at less price & thus even if channel manages to get average ratings still return to investment remains good.

About Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi airing on Star Utsav Movies, there could b 2 reasons for it. Star/disney knows that Sony aired this movie lot many times before expiry & thus there would b lesser interest to watch it at this moment. Airing it on star utsav movies gives 2 advantages - firstly, movie will get viewership from both pay and Free Dish platforms thus managing to get highest rating possible, also SUM has good ratings overall which will attract good ad slot rates and secondly this film has more rural appeal thus premiering it 1st on star utsav movies gets the channel further strengthen foothold in this segment by being the 1st to premiere renewed movies on its FTA audience focused channel which is not possible for a new bollywood movie premiere

Buddy, i do understand that there r few films which deserve to b aired more often in prime slots on Star/disney hindi movie chs and i am sure this issue will b sorted soon.

Most of the retro films or even some newer films fetch less viewership thus airing these on flagship chs leads to decline in ratings. Flsgships chs need to maintain high ratings in order to get good ad slot rates thus they air mostly films which will help achieve this target. This helps maintain balance between investment incurred in buying popular new or old films & getting desired revenue

YRF classic films which u mentioned were aired few times on Star Gold 2 & therafter on UTV Movies too & still they r occasionally aired on utv movies or star utsav movies in prime slots. Very Soon i am expecting star/disney to launch Star Gold Romance (inplace of UTV Movies) , Star Gold Family (Star Utsav Movies) & most probably a new classic bollywood movie channel. Before this content strategy will b reworked & implemented as the chs launch. You will see all sidelined movies being aired on them.

You can take example of Zee Action, Zee Classic for this. Both these chs operate on a different revenue model/strategy and there is little pressure to achieve high ratings. Films aired on these r usually ones which r acquired at less price & thus even if channel manages to get average ratings still return to investment remains good.

About Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi airing on Star Utsav Movies, there could b 2 reasons for it. Star/disney knows that Sony aired this movie lot many times before expiry & thus there would b lesser interest to watch it at this moment. Airing it on star utsav movies gives 2 advantages - firstly, movie will get viewership from both pay and Free Dish platforms thus managing to get highest rating possible, also SUM has good ratings overall which will attract good ad slot rates and secondly this film has more rural appeal thus premiering it 1st on star utsav movies gets the channel further strengthen foothold in this segment by being the 1st to premiere renewed movies on its FTA audience focused channel which is not possible for a new bollywood movie premiere
Just to watch other YRF films we need to wait for launch of channels like star gold romance or star gold family. I mean what kind of logic is this?

Just to watch other YRF films we need to wait for launch of channels like star gold romance or star gold family. I mean what kind of logic is this?
Back when yrf mostly make good movies especially rom com but nowadays they not making the only yrf good movie was in current generation is sui dhaaga i hope yrf bring it's true magic with jayeshbhai jordaar which is releasing on May 13

Back when yrf mostly make good movies especially rom com but nowadays they not making the only yrf good movie was in current generation is sui dhaaga i hope yrf bring it's true magic with jayeshbhai jordaar which is releasing on May 13
Miss mathur yrf films should be like veer zaara, DDLJ, dil to pagal hai, Mohabbatein, fanaa, tiger series etc etc it should be romantic story with better star cast.

Buddy, i already gave the reason for this. Also sony, zee sideline more bollywood movies but i never see u questioning them so voraciously or often about this. Star/disney is still better managing YRF movie library & will improve upon in coming days. Star/disney has least number of movies which r not given adequate slots as compared to other networks

Buddy, i already gave the reason for this. Also sony, zee sideline more bollywood movies but i never see u questioning them so voraciously or often about this. Star/disney is still better managing YRF movie library & will improve upon in coming days. Star/disney has least number of movies which r not given adequate slots as compared to other networks
Buddy their lots of films and banners which expired from zee long back but no broadcaster coming forward to acquire those films. Most of the banners renewed by zee only.

Miss mathur yrf films should be like veer zaara, DDLJ, dil to pagal hai, Mohabbatein, fanaa, tiger series etc etc it should be romantic story with better star cast.

True. Not only YRF but other prominent banners too have moved away from the traditional approach of making bollywood films... This started in late 2000s and eventual decline has happened. Bollywood has lost touch with masala bollywood films thus many films r turning out flop at box office, yes there r few exceptions too. There has to b a balance between masala films and realistic films with former having more weightage, unfortunately bollywood started focusing more on realistic cinema which worked at multiplexes but flopped on tv. Not only this but the realistic cinema bollywood makes is mostly too loud & over the top as compared to brilliant movies which we got to see in Pre 2010 decades.

Though i do not mostly like the style in which south indian cinema makes movies as again the treatment is very loud .... I feel too much attention is paid on the hero's onscreen persona/image and be it dialogues, action and other characters traits r quite stretched out. More so this repeats in most of the films. That said still what i like about south indian film industry is that they have not only stuck to the core masala films but even in experimental cinema they keep making excellent cinema.

Right now hindi movie channels will not get much ratings from most of the recent bollywood films which is why networks r building upon library with older bollywood films which still have the mass and the niche audience appeal and one can watch them.multiple times. Recent bollywood films barring few cannot b watched more than once or sometimes even not once

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock