Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Zee is a pioneer broadcaster , u can say it's a father of Indian television. proof is given below:
1)First 24 hour Hindi GEC...ZEE TV
2)First 24 hour Hindi movie channel....Zee Cinema
3)First 24 hour Music channel...Music Asia(now Zing)
4)First 24 hour hindi News channel Zee India TV (Now Zee News)
5)First 24 hour cooking channel 'Zee khana khajna' (now Zest)
6)First 24 hour Sports channel"Zee Sports"
7)Concept of launching multiple GEC & movie channels was also from Zee
8)Movie Premiering & many other telecasting formats has been copied form ZEE only.
9)Concept of launching 'Regional GEC's & "movie channels" was also from Zee, 'Zee Marathi' &' Zee Talkies' are the examples, Zee Talkies was a lone warrior for 15 years until the launch of 'Pravah Picture'

Zee have a wide 'experience' in Indian television, & it's contribution should be praised
Completely agree with u bro. Today may be Disney-Star, viacom18 or any other so called broadcaster doing good but when it comes to over all contribution nothing can be compared to Zee. Though we are 90s Kids many emotions attached with zee tv and zee cinema. From 1994 to till now zee has given many things.

Completely agree with u bro. Today may be Disney-Star, viacom18 or any other so called broadcaster doing good but when it comes to over all contribution nothing can be compared to Zee. Though we are 90s Kids many emotions attached with zee tv and zee cinema. From 1994 to till now zee has given many things.
My childhood also attached with Zee TV, Sony & Sab TV

Zee is a pioneer broadcaster , u can say it's a father of Indian television. proof is given below:
1)First 24 hour Hindi GEC...ZEE TV
2)First 24 hour Hindi movie channel....Zee Cinema
3)First 24 hour Music channel...Music Asia(now Zing)
4)First 24 hour hindi News channel Zee India TV (Now Zee News)
5)First 24 hour cooking channel 'Zee khana khajna' (now Zest)
6)First 24 hour Sports channel"Zee Sports"
7)Concept of launching multiple GEC & movie channels was also from Zee
8)Movie Premiering & many other telecasting formats has been copied form ZEE only.
9)Concept of launching 'Regional GEC's & "movie channels" was also from Zee, 'Zee Marathi' &' Zee Talkies' are the examples, Zee Talkies was a lone warrior for 15 years until the launch of 'Pravah Picture'

Zee have a wide 'experience' in Indian television, & it's contribution should be praised

Really tired seeing posts by blind Zee fanboys as if other broadcasters are nothing. When Star came in India, they launched India’s first private owned television channel StarPlus on February 21 in year 1992. I never see anyone of you acknowledging that fact. Both Star & Zee expanded it’s regional reach by acquiring local networks like Vijay Television & Alpha. Initially both Star & Zee did not expanded it’s regional reach on its own. You can’t give them the credit that the said company launched channels in new markets, they expanded it’s reach by acquiring a well established network. Star were the first major network to enter sports broadcasting via Prime Sports in year 1992 which later became ESPN StarSports & now known as StarSports. Zee Sports on the other hand, launched in year 2005. Star was the first network to launch HD channels. Network 18 was the first network to launch a shopping channel which later got shutdown.

I’m really doubting reliability of this forum. People really sharing half baked information just to satisfy their ego.

Last edited:

This guy literally using the term “so called” for other broadcasters and says he’s neutral on every thread but the fact remain the same, a blind ZEE FANBOY failing to disguise himself!

Last edited:
Really tired seeing posts by blind Zee fanboys as if other broadcasters are nothing. When Star came in India, they launched India’s first private owned television channel StarPlus on February 21 in year 1992. I never see anyone of you acknowledging that fact. Both Star & Zee expanded it’s regional reach by acquiring local networks like Vijay Television & Alpha. Initially both Star & Zee did not expanded it’s regional reach on its own. You can’t give them the credit that the said company launched channels in new markets, they expanded it’s reach by acquiring a well established network. Star were the first major network to enter sports broadcasting via Prime Sports in year 1992 which later became ESPN StarSports & now known as StarSports. Zee Sports on the other hand, launched in year 2005.

I’m really doubting reliability of this forum. People really sharing half baked information just to satisfy their ego.
Star plus was 'English GEC', check my statement I clearly mentioned that 'Zee TV was first 24 hour Hindi GEC'. you are right about 'ESPN StarSports' though, but there is a twist , Star & Zee were together 'at that time ' & wasn't 2 separate entities, Zee has launched above mentioned channels & hence deserve 'credit'. If you doubt 'reliability ', then you are always free to quit, simply 'sign out '

This guy literally using the term “so called” for other broadcasters and says he’s neutral on every thread but the fact remain the same, a blind ZEE FANBOY failing to disguise himself!
& What about you? U r criticizing a broadcaster who have 30 years of broadcasting experience, it's like teaching ur father on ' how to become father'

& What about you? U r criticizing a broadcaster who have 30 years of broadcasting experience, it's like teaching ur father on ' how to become father'
Totally agreed Zee TV Was The First Private Channel Launched on October 1992 and Star Plus (Formerly known as Star TV) was under zee at that time until 1996 they split and star plus became an Hindi language channel

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock