Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

I think star gold following old concept only 1 world television premier in a month that too in last week of the month.

CBeebies and TravelXP program schedule on Airtel Digital TV EPG is not in sync with actual show being aired. CBeebies schedule is as per 4 hrs ahead while Travel XP schedule is two and a half hours ahead , it means these program schedule r tailored for some other asian countries and Airtel Digital TV has not altered it to match indian timings. CBeebies asia feed is running programs as per Australia timings and Travel XP asia feed is being run as per Singapore time.

Are Tata Play, dish d2h , other MSO also having this issue?
No issue for Tata Play too. EPG is in sync with the program on air.

I think star gold following old concept only 1 world television premier in a month that too in last week of the month.
1) Yes . I think that's more because of lack of new movies . Currently they are only left with Kaun Pravin Tambe along with Prithviraj and Jayeshbhai Jordaar . Now these movies will again take nearly 2-3-4 months more to premiere whereas Zee / Sony have a bucket of films lined up for premiere. Recent example was of Badhaai Do . Just after premiering it within 2 weeks they telecasted Attack and Kashmir Files and now , they have launched Bachchhan Paandey, RRR promos . Same case with Sony ( premiered Hurdang last week then Jhund today and are now lined up for KGF 2 , Looop Lapeta followed by Jalsa , BB2 etc )

2) Secondly Star is giving more space towards old hindi movies and many dubbed ones . especially English dubbed movies . Although all 3 channels telecast and premiere Hollywood dubbed ones but they are also trying to keep a good balance between the new movies and the dubbed/ old ones .

1) Yes . I think that's more because of lack of new movies . Currently they are only left with Kaun Pravin Tambe along with Prithviraj and Jayeshbhai Jordaar . Now these movies will again take nearly 2-3-4 months more to premiere whereas Zee / Sony have a bucket of films lined up for premiere. Recent example was of Badhaai Do . Just after premiering it within 2 weeks they telecasted Attack and Kashmir Files and now , they have launched Bachchhan Paandey, RRR promos . Same case with Sony ( premiered Hurdang last week then Jhund today and are now lined up for KGF 2 , Looop Lapeta followed by Jalsa , BB2 etc )

2) Secondly Star is giving more space towards old hindi movies and many dubbed ones . especially English dubbed movies . Although all 3 channels telecast and premiere Hollywood dubbed ones but they are also trying to keep a good balance between the new movies and the dubbed/ old ones .
Agree bro Disney-Star is doing fantastic in old bollywood films but as a viewer how many times
Will u watch 90s, or 2000s films atleast they should renewe big films/banners from other broadcasters currently Disney-Star is in silent mode they should bring some different content in their channels as well as revamping.

Agree bro Disney-Star is doing fantastic in old bollywood films but as a viewer how many times
Will u watch 90s, or 2000s films atleast they should renewe big films/banners from other broadcasters currently Disney-Star is in silent mode they should bring some different content in their channels as well as revamping.
Disney Star suffered more from Star Gold deals YRF films latest theatrical flop movies and Remake Hotstar multiplex movies, they have no idea which movie should acquire. But Star south channels movie acquisition Heads doing fantastic job acquires Good movies.

Disney Star suffered more from Star Gold deals YRF films latest theatrical flop movies and Remake Hotstar multiplex movies, they have no idea which movie should acquire. But Star south channels movie acquisition Heads doing fantastic job acquires Good movies.

It is not bcoz of losses but they would have cautuously taken decision to have agreement with limited banners for new bollywood movies as most of the new bollywood films are not doing that well or have the same entertainment or repeat value as old bollywood films

Answer is one can watch older bollywood films many more times and enjoy while new bollywood films lack the same entertainment value. Star / disney is following the right strategy of focusing more of older 80s, 90s, 2000s bollywood movies alongwith dubbed hollywood movies which translates into good ratings for its hindi movie channels. They will surely sign agreement with some more banners for new bollywood movie acquisition but current content strategy will b continued.

Adding to this point, star/disney has achieved much more better results / ratings incase of new bollywood movie premieres than its competitors so the reason u gave does not hold true. In coming months new agreement with various banners will come into effect for star/disney so again they will have constant line up of new bollywood movie premieres . Ofcourse knowing that most of new bollywood movies r not likely to deliver great ratings or should i say maintain good rating post initial few airings hence they will continue to acquire / air more older bollywood films

Carrying forward on my previous point, Even till mid 2010s bollywood did deliver quite large number of good mainstream or critically acclaimed movies.

Broadcasters should have tie up with some banners / actors / producers so that they continue to get mix of new mainstream and offbeat bollywood movies and above all make sure that each film in their library gets adequate airing at key slots be it on their main or niche hindi movie channels.

Lastly a good bollywood movie may not necessarily be defined by its box office numbers, many good films prove to b flops at box office / theatres but are massive hits on OTT and TV Channels. There r various reasons for this like poor marketing of film, negative reviews by critics which keeps viewers away from watching a movie, failure to reach target audience thru theatres bcoz of limited release or other issues in having movie released across cinema halls etc. For example Jayeshbhai Jordaar which is a good movie proved flop at box office but getting excellent viewership and audience response on OTT... It is likely to be a hit on TV too . Niche films do well at box office but have limited appeal on TV.

I do not agree that most of new south indian movies r very good, yes certain films r really nice and even i like them but there r many which aren't that good and have same concepts or storylines with masala elements that seem repetitive. Only good thing is that south indian film industry has stayed firm with making movies for mass audience as well as have movies which cater to niche audience whereas bollywood lost touch with masala entertainers long back though they r tying to bring it back but still it lacks the charisma which older bollywood movies had. Both south indian and bollywood industry need to improve upon in the mainstream movie segment

I feel it is just a period when north / western india audience is getting attracted more to dubbed south indian audience, slowly the craze will settle down and bollywood movies will start getting equal appreciation if they make corrections. Bcoz many of the recent bollywood films r not at all good hence even average south indian movies r getting more audience from Rest Of India . Every industry goes thru such phases but how they reinvent and make a comeback makes the difference in future outcome

Last edited:
I am very much disappointed with the PQ and AQ of Goldmines channel. Though they have acquired a lot of good stuff but that doesn't mean it's done. Their PQ and AQ, Both are equally bad . I don't know why do they want to take us for granted . Manish Shah should be looking forward to launch an HD Channel for the same instead of rebranding Goldmines 2 or launching any other channel . Secondly Idk why Goldmines channel is not available on any OTT Platform . Majorly most of Indian channels are available on OTT Platforms to watch live but Goldmines is absent which is again not good .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock