Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,226
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,130
Yes, u r right, same for Spiderman homecoming, it was premiered in multilanguages but recently they are telecasting in English only, I am not getting this policy
Ott is a factor. Many movies released 2 or more than 2 years ago are not premiered yet. English movie channels ad revenue is basically nothing. English series/movies audience majority belongs to ott at present scenario. Most Hollywood movies are available in multiple languages across multiple ott. Hollywood studios following 18 month window policy which is not vaiable for indian channels with all language rights.

Ott is a factor. Many movies released 2 or more than 2 years ago are not premiered yet. English movie channels ad revenue is basically nothing. English series/movies audience majority belongs to ott at present scenario. Most Hollywood movies are available in multiple languages across multiple ott. Hollywood studios following 18 month window policy which is not vaiable for indian channels with all language rights.
Ya, no one is interested in buying new movie satellite rights, It's Clear from non premier of following movies
1) no time to die
2)top gun maverick
3) Jurassic World Dominion (sequel already in making)
4) Fast 9 (Sequel 'Fast x 'has already hit the big screens)
& many more movies which should have been premiered considering the' fanbase'

Ya, no one is interested in buying new movie satellite rights, It's Clear from non premier of following movies
1) no time to die
2)top gun maverick
3) Jurassic World Dominion (sequel already in making)
4) Fast 9 (Sequel 'Fast x 'has already hit the big screens)
& many more movies which should have been premiered considering the' fanbase'
I think the reason is different. After the dissolution of HBO , all WB and Paramount movies were scattered. Some of them went to Star, some to Sony. Due to this , there was a heavy increase in their stock. Also they themselves also had a lot of their own stock of 20th Century Studios , Universal Pictures. Hence it will take a long time for them to premiere these movies . If earlier, it took them 1 year , now it might come up to 2-3 years to premiere them .

I think the reason is different. After the dissolution of HBO , all WB and Paramount movies were scattered. Some of them went to Star, some to Sony. Due to this , there was a heavy increase in their stock. Also they themselves also had a lot of their own stock of 20th Century Studios , Universal Pictures. Hence it will take a long time for them to premiere these movies . If earlier, it took them 1 year , now it might come up to 2-3 years to premiere them .
What do you want to say? They lacks in budget?

Not in budget . They lack in managing their content effectively.
Then I am disagree with u, please vide below points:
1)star movies & star movies select telecast Avengers (Marvel's) movies tons of time, in fact select has not been showing any new movies since from lockdown.
2) Sony pix is quite repetitive also
3) Times movie channels also don't have huge library
4) Only '& Flix 'and 'MN+ ' are somewhat better in 'varying content '

Maintaining its leadership for 175 weeks now, Star Plus has emerged as a true leader in the Hindi market. With its much-loved characters and beautiful storylines, that aim to not just entertain but empower audiences across the country, it has truly cemented its place in the hearts of all viewers as well as the TV screens across the nation.
GDQsR4q.jpg

After years watching my favorite Gangster movie on DD National HD

Shootout at Lokhandwala.... Watched movie theater 😍

FP7PR6b.jpg

2W9WjAc.jpg
wyYZw7D.jpg

Last edited:
"The Book of Eli" movie in English & Hindi, (first time in &flix HD)
Mv57vAf.jpg

Note- last week also saw this movie in english only.

After years watching my favorite Gangster movie on DD National HD

Shootout at Lokhandwala.... Watched movie theater 😍

FP7PR6b.jpg

2W9WjAc.jpg
wyYZw7D.jpg
Sony MAX censored many scene that ruined the magic of the movie and here DD National not censor that scenes lovw the movie...

Thank You Doordarshan 😍

Back
Top Bottom