Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,226
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,130
Along with Zee Bangla Cinema and Colors Kannada Cinema, today is also the 6th birthday of &privé HD, the Zee network’s premium English movie channel. I am happy to see it continue to show all sorts of foreign movies in addition to Hollywood movies. It is great that Zee still keeps the premium avatar of this channel on air, when Sony Le Plex HD could not survive and MN+ HD and Star Movies Select have become generic Hollywood movie channels.

Avengers-1 & 3
Thor-3
Commando
Jack the giant slayer
Rise of the planet of the apes
Big hero 6 etc...These movies telecasting in Star gold thrills but same movies in english only on Star movies HD.

Last edited:
Along with Zee Bangla Cinema and Colors Kannada Cinema, today is also the 6th birthday of &privé HD, the Zee network’s premium English movie channel. I am happy to see it continue to show all sorts of foreign movies in addition to Hollywood movies. It is great that Zee still keeps the premium avatar of this channel on air, when Sony Le Plex HD could not survive and MN+ HD and Star Movies Select have become generic Hollywood movie channels.

Dada just one correction MN+ still airs critically acclaimed / meaningful/offbeat cinema and has large library of the same as Times Network has output deals with all big and small international movie studios/banners

Dada just one correction MN+ still airs critically acclaimed / meaningful/offbeat cinema and has large library of the same as Times Network has output deals with all big and small international movie studios/banners
Sorry, I mean MNX!

Wb has signed tv and digital deal with viacom. The reason for not showing is the fall in ratings for new season
You and your ridiculous theorize. Impractical Jokers and rest of the Warner Bros are one of the most watched content on history of Indian English TV. I don't see anyone acquiring the rights and air it.

Instead of Star gold 2 HD better if they rebrand this channel as Star gold thrills,

Present aspect ratio 4:3 worst in Star gold thrills, Hollywood movies in that ratio very poor,

Atleast if they convert 4:3 to 16:9 best,

I'm already sending feedback regarding this,
I know big companies never listen public demand.

Instead of Star gold 2 HD better if they rebrand this channel as Star gold thrills,

Present aspect ratio 4:3 worst in Star gold thrills, Hollywood movies in that ratio very poor,

Atleast if they convert 4:3 to 16:9 best,

I'm already sending feedback regarding this,
I know big companies never listen public demand.
Ironically aspect ratio of UTV ACTION was not a problem but as soon as it went into the hands of 'star' it is miserable as like other sd channels of their network

Ironically aspect ratio of UTV ACTION was not a problem but as soon as it went into the hands of 'star' it is miserable as like other sd channels of their network

Wrong. UTV Action (when Disney India and Star India were separate entities) had exact same SD 4:3 video aspect ratio for airing movies.

Please understand that it is important for all broadcasters to air movies in a SD video aspect ratio which does not crop the picture from either ends. As most movies r shot in 1:85:1 or 2:39:1 hence in order to convert it into SD video aspect ratio alongwith letting all the frames remain within viewing screen it is necessary to either use letter box format to air such movies or stretch the video aspect ratio from left + right thereby either not cropping any picture or keeping it minimal. This is why u see black bars being there on SD movie channels, certain movies r shot with wide screen experience being the focus thus for these movies broadcasters use Letter Box format to air it on their SD Movie Channels which r available in 4:3 video format thus not cropping any picture from either sides as it is important to include them while for other movies stretching the picture option can be used to convert it to SD video aspect ratio as makers keep important frames within 14:9 AR window.

Even majority of movies we see on HD English Movie Channels have been 2x zoomed to convert into 16:9 video aspect ratio thereby cropping pictures from either sides while certain movies r aires in original video aspect ratio with black bars

If broadcasters air Hollywood Movies in full screen while maintaining SD 4:3 video aspect ratio then u will see double cropping of pictures from left/right side thus ruining the viewing experience

@dino29 I understood your points, but Hollywood HD movies in Hindi next level 🔥
If they launch Star gold thrills HD then it will be better,
If not possible then atleast 16:9 aspect ratio,
Maximum action scene etc...in 4:3 not good, it's a bad experience in full HD TV's.

Looks like Sony Pictures inks new catalogue deal with Times Network, few day back they aired Insidious Chapter 2. Same time Times Network also airs Warner Bros/Universal, Paramount, Lionsgate Renewed titles too. Disney's 20th Century Studio movie Die hard 2 too moved aired on MNX, if i wrong currently Times Network only acquire/renew major studios movies in India.

Back
Top Bottom