Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,221
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,091
To be fair they didn't renew fresh episodes. Airing repeats of already aired season lead to failure. They could continue with regular programming until the shutdown like AXN had done. Sadly unlike Sony, Star isn't runned by people with passion for TV. Even Viacom kept bringing fresh content despite decline in ratings. Now people are streaming Colors Infinity and Comedy Central on OTT platforms. This is how you run a television network that OTT audience comes to TV.

No dada. Star World Premiere aired many new shows and even new season of its old running showing in the time period i have mentioned.....infact i had even shared update regarding many of such programs in this forum.

Each broadcaster has its strategy, viacom18 did not have a strong presence in OTT + limited number of channels in mass as well as premium/niche segments hence they had no option but to continue running its current TV Channels rather than shrinking its already small TV Channels bouquet while incase of Disney-Star things were in complete contrast and same holds true even rights with Disney+Hotstar still being the biggest OTT platform alongwith large number of very successful TV Channels across different genres hence they make strategies accordingly....having said so as i have said earlier they made a mistake by exiting English GEC channel thinking that all such subscribers will move to OTT. TV Channels still hold great relevance across genres if good curated content is provided at affordable pricing, OTT has lot of limitations and cons too hence more number of people still prefer TV, i have already discussed in great detail earlier on at various occasions why there is OTT fatigue or issues concerning it

No dada. Star World Premiere aired many new shows and even new season of its old running showing in the time period i have mentioned.....infact i had even shared update regarding many of such programs in this forum.

Each broadcaster has its strategy, viacom18 did not have a strong presence in OTT + limited number of channels in mass as well as premium/niche segments hence they had no option but to continue running its current TV Channels rather than shrinking its already small TV Channels bouquet while incase of Disney-Star things were in complete contrast and same holds true even rights with Disney+Hotstar still being the biggest OTT platform alongwith large number of very successful TV Channels across different genres hence they make strategies accordingly....having said so as i have said earlier they made a mistake by exiting English GEC channel thinking that all such subscribers will move to OTT. TV Channels still hold great relevance across genres if good curated content is provided at affordable pricing, OTT has lot of limitations and cons too hence more number of people still prefer TV, i have already discussed in great detail earlier on at various occasions why there is OTT fatigue or issues concerning it
I kinda disagree with your points after 2019 Star World And SWP Stopped Airing Fresh content you keep saying many times but it's not a truth I was a swp viewer i know about each and every schedule after 2019 they stopped Airing good hbo shows

Apart from MasterChef. What new did they air? Only thing I remember was old season The Goldbergs when latest was airing in US. I watched it on SWP HD because streaming service Hooq had shutdown. And Prime Video didn't have it back than.

Apart from MasterChef. What new did they air? Only thing I remember was old season The Goldbergs when latest was airing in US. I watched it on SWP HD because streaming service Hooq had shutdown. And Prime Video didn't have it back than.
All might survive though SWP has higher chance of closing down. Star Movies Select will continue, already it has changed its positioning and airing mix of mainstream + few meaningful/ story led films. Star Gold Select likely to continue as it is , if at all its HD or SD feed might go off air

Outmatched (2020) premiere next week on Star World Premiere HD

More Fresh Shows on Star World Premiere next week...The Affair, How To Get Away With Murder, Baskets....this channel keeps refreshing line upon

Buddy Black-ish is a popular show which started way back in 2014 and its latest season ended in April 2022. Star World is currently airing Season 8 of this show hence it is a new show. Please read my above post again - both new shows & latest season of old shows is counted as recent content. Star World and Star World Premiere HD has aired lot of latest content in 2020 and 2021 apart from continuing airing some of older iconic shows.

A channel should air good mix of old and new content for it to resonate with wider segment of audience and attract more ratings

Here r few of the updates i had shared but there were lot many new/fresh shows which aired alongwith old ones /episodes of popular shows on Star World Premiere HD during 2020 until about mid of 2021, even Star World aired some new shows at 10 PM slot in this time period apart from airing regular comedy shows and New Season of Masterchef

Also as i had anticipated / decoded Star Movies Select contunued and soon it will again see a revamp/rebranding into either a Kids Movie Channel or English GEC channel or a hybrid English Movie cum GEC channel.

Also one must applaud disney-star for keeping channels like Star Gold Select, Star Movies Select, Fox Life, Disney International HD on air even though these hardly create ad revenue and subscription revenue would also be very minimal ....they r still trying to cater to niche audience via these channels. Bindass may soon get transformed into a youth channel. Star Gold Comedy might use a fresh licence or some defunct Star India channel

Last edited:
Here r few of the updates i had shared but there were lot many new/fresh shows which aired alongwith old ones /episodes of popular shows on Star World Premiere HD during 2020 until about mid of 2021, even Star World aired some new shows at 10 PM slot in this time period apart from airing regular comedy shows and New Season of Masterchef

Also as i had anticipated / decoded Star Movies Select contunued and soon it will again see a revamp/rebranding into either a Kids Movie Channel or English GEC channel or a hybrid English Movie cum GEC channel.

Also one must applaud disney-star for keeping channels like Star Gold Select, Star Movies Select, Fox Life, Disney International HD on air even though these hardly create ad revenue and subscription revenue would also be very minimal ....they r still trying to cater to niche audience via these channels. Bindass may soon get transformed into a youth channel. Star Gold Comedy might use a fresh licence or some defunct Star India channel
All of these shows you mentioned were re-runs.

All of these shows you mentioned were re-runs.

New Seasons Of Old Shows and many other fresh shows were aired including from HBO Library.....New Season of shows released in 2020/2021 were aired few months later on SWP HD

Back
Top Bottom