Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,226
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,100
We have a limitations on what we could broadcast on cable channels. HBO content are mostly suitable for OTT. They would’ve to mute or censor a lot of scenes to broadcast.
But still I want hbo content to come on CI I'm literally fed up of them airing nbc and CBS content succession was already aired on tv if they aired more hbo shows it would've gained trp but alas BTW I want CI To be obsessed with trp race and I want them to bring HBO shows

We have a limitations on what we could broadcast on cable channels. HBO content are mostly suitable for OTT. They would’ve to mute or censor a lot of scenes to broadcast.

You and few other members did not give same logic when Star World , Star World Premiere did not air just some of the HBO shows.....infact Star World Premiere not only aired lot of HBO shows in 2020 , 2021 but aired various other new shows as well as new season of old shows from other content production companies /networks like FX, ABC, Showtime etc.

It is almost as if if others do it is right and whatever disney-star does is wrong even if it is lot better than content strategy of rivals. Some members may even now bring in entirely different dimension into such discussions by saying things like Viacom18 is an Indian Owner held company and still giving stiff competition to foreign owned networks in India which some people r unhappy about though it has no connection to what is topic of debate

You and few other members did not give same logic when Star World , Star World Premiere did not air just some of the HBO shows.....infact Star World Premiere not only aired lot of HBO shows in 2020 , 2021 but aired various other new shows as well as new season of old shows from other content production companies /networks like FX, ABC, Showtime etc.

It is almost as if if others do it is right and whatever disney-star does is wrong even if it is lot better than content strategy of rivals. Some members may even now bring in entirely different dimension into such discussions by saying things like Viacom18 is an Indian Owner held company and still giving stiff competition to foreign owned networks in India which some people r unhappy about though it has no connection to what is topic of debate
I was not part of that discussion in this forum. Also I didn't justify anywhere in my comment what Viacom18 doing with HBO shows are right.

So according to you, it is worth spending the resources to edit and make HBO shows sanskari version and broadcast it?

Then why did both ⭐ world & ⭐ world premiere HD were airing ' coffee with Karan ' for 24 hours?(since 2021 to shut down day)

I was not part of that discussion in this forum. Also I didn't justify anywhere in my comment what Viacom18 doing with HBO shows are right.

So according to you, it is worth spending the resources to edit and make HBO shows sanskari version and broadcast it?
If they edit HBO shows then they would not receive ' desired TRP'

&flix HD "The Da Vinci Code" movie telecasting in English,
But now &flix HD introduced Hindi,Telugu & Tamil audio feeds,
N3xCI2L.jpg

Note-This movie telecasted by ETV Plus HD in Telugu,

&Flix HD is a best channel in English movies channels,
Maximum they adding audio feeds, Here main point they telecasting multiple languages in HD channel, this is not possible to other big network,

I am appreciating &flix HD management strategy,
Other big company strategy is not good when compare with Zee-&flix,
They have particular Hindi channel like Gold Thrills but in SD quality this is Star strategy,

Zee also have Zee action but this is their strategy Hollywood in HD with multiple languages in &flix HD
They investing in audio feeds,

I'm not raising any question.

Last edited:
Since Ganesh Chaturthhi onwards Colors Cineplex HD has undergone a change in its content/scheduling strategy and now just like Pre October 2021 it is simulcasting movies aired on its SD feed barring few exceptions.....at 1st i thought it might be a temporary change as since last year or so on few days mostly holidays or weekends Colors Cineplex HD had started showing same dubbed movies as airing on SD feed but now same is visible on regular basis since last 12 or 13 days.

Quite possible that above changes would have been implemented as in near future they have plans to launch a separate channel for showcasing offbeat bollywood movies alongside mainstream films like Colors Cineplex Bollywood HD and even a new dubbed hollywood movies channel

that was few months before shutdown... I am talking about mid 2020 till about end of 2021....they aired fresh / new shows on Star World Premiere but it did not fetch desired ratings
To be fair they didn't renew fresh episodes. Airing repeats of already aired season lead to failure. They could continue with regular programming until the shutdown like AXN had done. Sadly unlike Sony, Star isn't runned by people with passion for TV. Even Viacom kept bringing fresh content despite decline in ratings. Now people are streaming Colors Infinity and Comedy Central on OTT platforms. This is how you run a television network that OTT audience comes to TV.

Back
Top Bottom