Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

yeah.. History Channel has become really boring. I used to love this channel.
Unfortunately, non English speaking audience loves these Cake shows. I miss old TLC with Hotel Hell, Lonely Planet, Wild Weddings and Man vs Food.

History Channel has weird airing pattern. They leave out random episodes of series. And take years bringing new episodes. They took over 4 years to bring new episodes of Storage Wars.

History TV18 is getting audience because they have put lot of Indian content - Original shows produced and shot in India like OMG and they also added some slots with Hindi programs; not a full time English channel now. In addition they have 3-4 audio feeds now.

Repetition problem is there before also. I was watching 'Food Tech' for many weeks(before new TRAI rules), but then they were showing the same episodes again and again.

I would rate Epic as a good infotainment channel, much better than discovery, history tv18 . Nat Geo is also quite good but Sony BBC Earth is outstanding

Looks like moment is fast approaching for rebranding of UTV Action... Popular films taken off air / moved to star gold as flagship earns more ad rates... Seems UTV Action will b converted into kids/family hollywood movies channel

Also some say sony does not repeat movies too often, though i have stated that it is wrong statement to make but anyways just check wah/max schedule for today/tomorrow and share what conclusion u come at

Looks like moment is fast approaching for rebranding of UTV Action... Popular films taken off air / moved to star gold as flagship earns more ad rates... Seems UTV Action will b converted into kids/family hollywood movies channel
UTV Action was already popular since it's inception and is still popular. I hope soon it rebrands to Star Gold Action and UTV HD rebrands to Star Gold Action HD. And UTV Movies rebrands to Star Gold Classic Movies. And Star Utsav Movies shuts down for good.

Attractive channels attracts both subscribers and advertisers. Disney and Star's bouquets are odd. They have channels of 3 different branding.

And UTV Movies rebrands to Star Gold Classic Movies. And Star Utsav Movies shuts down for good.
This doesn't gonna happen as they've planned to rebrand SUM as Star Gold Family for which they've already got license also & they need 6 movie channels to properly distribute the contents for each segment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock