GSAT-10 : Discussions, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Greatachiever
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,106
  • Views Views: Views 204,325
soorya_g said:
Mr.dino29 all these days you are firm on confirming that GSAT10 is a failure. Now you changed your stand.

well i am still having doubts as i had earlier, i guess its my duty to share info that i get

Well The extra channels for Tatasky have a new theory. Check Nothing found for Flash Coverage-m Map&spot=0
IntelSat has moved this sattelite from somewhere in the western hemisphere to 85degreeEast and added the India beam. Is this the satellite being talked about by many that TS is getting a satellite moved? I think so. So there will be No Vertical TP in Insat 4A but this one will have Vertical TP. Get Prepared. Though the beam footprint clearly does not cover whole of India. Lets see what happens.

sriharsha said:
Well The extra channels for Tatasky have a new theory. Check Nothing found for Flash Coverage-m Map&spot=0
IntelSat has moved this sattelite from somewhere in the western hemisphere to 85degreeEast and added the India beam. Is this the satellite being talked about by many that TS is getting a satellite moved? I think so. So there will be No Vertical TP in Insat 4A but this one will have Vertical TP. Get Prepared. Though the beam footprint clearly does not cover whole of India. Lets see what happens.

Ur therory is all flop which is proved by a simple point that no dth ops will use a satellite whose footprint does not cover whole of India.

keep on waiting for gsat 10, if all is well then tata sky will add new chs from it very soon and if its dead then tata sky will die too

Following is mentioned in ISROs annual report....
India’s advanced communication satellite, GSAT-10, carrying a total of 30 communications transponders in C, Extended C and Ku-bands as well as a two-channel GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) payload operating in L1 and L5 bands, was launched by European Ariane-V launch vehicle on September 29, 2012. The satellite was later placed in the intended geostationary orbital slot of 83 degree E longitude. The transponders are in the process of augmenting the capacity of the INSAT system while the GAGAN payload is intended to provide the Satellite Based Augmentation System through which the accuracy of the positioning information obtained from the GPS Satellites is improved.

Indian National Satellite (INSAT) system, established in 1983, is the largest domestic communication satellite system in the Asia Pacific Region with Nine satellites in operation INSAT-3A, INSAT-3C, INSAT-3E, INSAT-4A, INSAT-4B, INSAT-4CR, GSAT-8, GSAT-10 and GSAT-12. The overall coordination and management of INSAT system rests with INSAT Coordination Committee.

Back
Top Bottom