Has Star Sports gone drunk?

@ everyone: I understand the frustration, even I m miffed at the SS network.
But, pls dont use harsh words... and abide by forum rules.

Lots of ppl have use words like 'sh**', bulls***'. :no

NinadG said:
I think all deals either with BCCI or other foreign sports org are done in dollors. If this is true then there should not be a problem with currency.

Currency is the biggest problem bro few years ago Ten Action has all the major football rights like La Liga, Seria A, and others but now as currency falls and they start loosing there rights currency is the biggest problem for Zee network.

anupbharadwaj said:
Is this the beginning of the end of star sports as we see they have lost rights for FIFA world cup also.

Yeah!!!....this is the curse from every football fan in India.

Hopefully some good news next week or so with the Italian Serie A moving away from Star Sports to another network if all goes well. Atleast viewers can get to watch live football instead of watching cricket repeats or hockey on 3 channels on Star Sports!

ayanc99 said:
Hopefully some good news next week or so with the Italian Serie A moving away from Star Sports to another network if all goes well. Atleast viewers can get to watch live football instead of watching cricket repeats or hockey on 3 channels on Star Sports!

But serie a isn't finished.Can they terminate in middle?

Navneet Mishra said:
No they can't terminate in the middle, but rights for the next season can be awarded anytime.

Nope, it will be terminated in middle. The remainder of this season and next season will go to the concerned channel. Its in the final discussion stages and hopefully should close next week. I had complained to Lega Serie A Italy about the woeful coverage of this league in India and they had taken up with the rights holder MP Silva. So lets hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock