HD channels do not air same content as their actual SD channels

tron05

Reaction score
I have been on Mega SD package and had a Star cricket HD top up activated. This cost me 326 + 41 =Rs367

Now I wanted more HD channels, so revisited the extra channels i get in Mega vs Value Sports packages.

1. Strange thing is that they have named the package as 'Value Sports', but there are no sports channel in it.

Value had all channels i usually watch and misses out totally on sports channles, but that would get covered when i take HD Plus top up for all 15 HD channels.

So migrated to Value Sports package + HD Plus summing upto Rs 365

Before migrating i was watching Australia vs South Africa live on ESPN, but after migrating, the ESPN HD had some golf show going on and the LIVE cricket match was nowhere in its schedule.

Its like a altogether a different channel if the contents are different. Why have the same name.

Is this a normal practice to have different shows on the HD versions of popular SD channels?

Yes True HD channels and their SD versions might have different content... Both are treated as two different channels only by the broadcaster. They could beam same program or different ones depending on the channel wish

but some channels like Movies Now,Star Movies are showing same content on Both SD and HD version with small time interval (3 to 8 seconds).

movies now is a single hd ch for ur info. for sd viewers, hd ch is only shown demodulated

dino29 said:
movies now is a single hd ch for ur info. for sd viewers, hd ch is only shown demodulated

yes dino bhai,i know that.thanks.
Star movies : same movies but time different in minutes.
Movies Now : few seconds
History TV : few seconds

I can understand different shows on SD and HD version of the channels... They can re-order their content, but they do show the same content.

But for ESPN SD and HD, that is not the case. As sports are telecast LIVE, its important to have the same LIVE feed on both SD and HD.

However, ESPN SD had a LIVE cricket match going on, but ESPN HD did not have this match anywhere in its TV guide listing. It totally skipped the cricket match.

Wondering if this is the same case with other DTH operators. In that case, ESPN has just done a misselling. I needed a HD version of a cricket match and they give me some golf game in HD. DTH operators should have a disclaimer about this. That they are altogether different channel with totally different content.

tron05 said:
I can understand different shows on SD and HD version of the channels... They can re-order their content, but they do show the same content.

But for ESPN SD and HD, that is not the case. As sports are telecast LIVE, its important to have the same LIVE feed on both SD and HD.

However, ESPN SD had a LIVE cricket match going on, but ESPN HD did not have this match anywhere in its TV guide listing. It totally skipped the cricket match.

Wondering if this is the same case with other DTH operators. In that case, ESPN has just done a misselling. I needed a HD version of a cricket match and they give me some golf game in HD. DTH operators should have a disclaimer about this. That they are altogether different channel with totally different content.
Star cricketHD shows cricket matches.Since its starting,ESPNHD has shown only 2-3 Ryobi cricket oneday matches as far as i remembered.

They try to cover maximum games.They show cricket match on SD as it has higher viewership and golf on HD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock