Help me choosing a good HD Dth

if u r current subscriber

u don't have to go elsewhere

tata sky would be best for hd with 18 hd channel

v_srikanth961 said:
But TS has this weird policy of first subscribe to SD channel and then pay HD access fee to get HD feed. Isn't that true? Why subscribe for SD when we want only HD.

So u mean you don't watch SD version then why should u pay ? Right. Ok let me explain.

In d2h base packs, do u watch all channels for example punjabi, bhojpuri ,Tamil ,telegu, Kanada, malayalam, marathi , bengali, gujrathi,oriya, rajasthan, urdu etc ? But have u ever noticed that u are still paying for those channels though u are not watching those channels. D2h has this weird policy sadly.

Similar in case of TS. If you have problem watching SD version then no problem just skip it just like you do in case of D2h. Sometime having SD feed is good as SD and HD feed shows different content.

So all dth has some weird policy and you have to bear this until we got all our channels as a-la-carte in a cheaper way.

My point is that all dth operator charge HD access fee(excess money for HD channels from the corresponding sd pack) though they don't call it as HD access fee explicitly and it is reasonable as HD require more bandwidth.

govind.abs said:
Hello everybody :)

I am a newbie, i want to know which is the best hd dth in terms of quality picture and sound. Some say Tata sky hd is good and some say d2h is also worth looking at as it is cheap. But i would like to have a good quality picture and sound for my sony bravia led 32 inch tv. So friends help me to choose a good quality dth. And Regarding the SD connection, Initially i got a airtel digital tv connection 3 years back and after using it for a month i was totally dissatisfied with the quality, and i made a switch to tatasky. Tatasky was really good and im using it right now.But not sure about the quality of HD..so please help me choose between Tata sky HD and D2H HD.

Thanks in advance !

This forum is nice and informative...;)

Again I say don't believe others.They never tell the truth,they are TS subscribers.They alwayz try hard to hide TS faults.PQ of TS is not the same as earlier.In some channels I noticed heavy pixelisation.Sometimes I can't see the picture properly.This is because of cheap picture quality providing by TS.TS is one of the overrated dth brand in India.

ADTV is the best in PQ and H/W quality,with that also u get more channels than TS.So,without any hesitation you have to choose ADTV.:k

karanrudra93 said:
Again I say don't believe others.They never tell the truth,they are TS subscribers.They alwayz try hard to hide TS faults.PQ of TS is not the same as earlier.In some channels I noticed heavy pixelisation.Sometimes I can't see the picture properly.This is because of cheap picture quality providing by TS.TS is one of the overrated dth brand in India.

ADTV is the best in PQ and H/W quality,with that also u get more channels than TS.So,without any hesitation you have to choose ADTV.:k

So you mean don't believe others except you :D

dipayan said:
So you mean don't believe others except you :D

Yeah,I alwayz try to tell the truth.But you guys are trying to hide TS negativities.A subscriber never want to undersestimate his own dth without any reason.

PQ is decreased you have to accept.

I dont know about others but I'm not a fanboy. I have used Tata Sky, ADTV and DishTV. I stopped using DishTV because of its poor hardware and UI. Also it lacks 2 big features which are Series recording and dual tuner.

I gifted my ADTV connection to my relative because ADTV has a serious problem with automatically deleting scheduled series recording events. Also I hate its big and semi-transparent logo on all channels.

I found everything I wanted in Tata Sky. Good hardware and good picture quality. I got all channels I wanted.

But thats my personal opinion.

karanrudra93 said:
Yeah,I alwayz try to tell the truth.But you guys are trying to hide TS negativities.A subscriber never want to underestimate his own dth without any reason.

karanrudra93 said:
Yeah,I alwayz try to tell the truth.But you guys are trying to hide TS negativities.

No body is hiding anything. Can u please tell me Why are u referring ADTV as thread starter himself said that he doesn't like quality of ADTV ?:huh:huh

DTH Fan said:
I dont know about others but I'm not a fanboy. I have used Tata Sky, ADTV and DishTV. I stopped using DishTV because of its poor hardware and UI. Also it lacks 2 big features which are Series recording and dual tuner.

I gifted my ADTV connection to my relative because ADTV has a serious problem with automatically deleting scheduled series recording events. Also I hate its big and semi-transparent logo on all channels.

I found everything I wanted in Tata Sky. Good hardware and good picture quality. I got all channels I wanted.

But thats my personal opinion.

Automatically delete problem also facing TS subscribers.

dipayan said:
No body is hiding anything. Can u please tell me Why are u referring ADTV as thread starter himself said that he doesn't like quality of ADTV ?:huh:huh

Becoz I use TS and ADTV at one time.Just 3 weeks ago I gifted my ADTV to my sister.But at that time I find TS PQ is not looking good like ADTV,before migration TS and ADTV PQ is same.That's why I think PQ is decreased in TS.

Not only me some other members also reporting that low PQ in TS.Why so many people getting bad PQ at a time?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock