Help me choosing a good HD Dth

dipayan said:
So u mean you don't watch SD version then why should u pay ? Right. Ok let me explain.

In d2h base packs, do u watch all channels for example punjabi, bhojpuri ,Tamil ,telegu, Kanada, malayalam, marathi , bengali, gujrathi,oriya, rajasthan, urdu etc ? But have u ever noticed that u are still paying for those channels though u are not watching those channels. D2h has this weird policy sadly.

Similar in case of TS. If you have problem watching SD version then no problem just skip it just like you do in case of D2h. Sometime having SD feed is good as SD and HD feed shows different content.

So all dth has some weird policy and you have to bear this until we got all our channels as a-la-carte in a cheaper way.

My point is that all dth operator charge HD access fee(excess money for HD channels from the corresponding sd pack) though they don't call it as HD access fee explicitly and it is reasonable as HD require more bandwidth.

So u mean you don't watch SD version then why should u pay ? Right. Ok let me explain.

The main question & problem here is with TS HD access fee.
If TS can club all regional/other channels in a single pack then why TS cann't create a single pack for HD channels just like ADTV which will make it easy for users who are interested only in HD channels, to choose HD pack? HD channels are less in nos so having a single pack for viewers may increase HD viewers as many viewers watch HD channels even though they dont watch SD variant.
Here whats the purpose for HD access fee? Is this not a weird policy?

In d2h base packs, do u watch all channels for example punjabi, bhojpuri ,Tamil ,telegu, Kanada, malayalam, marathi , bengali, gujrathi,oriya, rajasthan, urdu etc ? But have u ever noticed that u are still paying for those channels though u are not watching those channels. D2h has this weird policy sadly.

Allmost all DTH provider except TS have clubbed together ROI & south channels to facilitate viewers to view channels from other languages in their respective zone.
This simple bifurcation is easy to understand by all viewers & helps a lot as as generally ROI viewer would not watch South channels & vice versa.
If D2H user is paying for all ROI channels they get then TS users are paying much higher to view only 2 regional packs.
Do you mean to say that every other DTH provider has this weird policy & only TS has good policy of allowing only 2 regional packs to viewers?

Similar in case of TS. If you have problem watching SD version then no problem just skip it just like you do in case of D2h. Sometime having SD feed is good as SD and HD feed shows different content.
So all dth has some weird policy and you have to bear this until we got all our channels as a-la-carte in a cheaper way.

If you can understand that TS has some weird policy then why experts from TS cann't understand this? What is the purpose of this creepiness?

My point is that all dth operator charge HD access fee(excess money for HD channels from the corresponding sd pack) though they don't call it as HD access fee explicitly and it is reasonable as HD require more bandwidth.

If all other DTH operators dont charge HD access fee or dont call it as HD access fee then why only TS is charging HD access fee? Why TS cann't create simple packs to make it easy for customers to choose instead of creating complication called HD Access Fee?
Why to create trickery called HD Access Fee which forces viewers to go for higher packs if they want more HD channels?

The fact is HD Access Hee is the innovation of experts in TS & this is clever way of deceiving people to compel them to choose higher packs & incease ARPU. It seems TS has become succeesful in this & able to increase ARPU by employing such unscrupulous ways.

karanrudra93 said:
Becoz I use TS and ADTV at one time.Just 3 weeks ago I gifted my ADTV to my sister.But at that time I find TS PQ is not looking good like ADTV,before migration TS and ADTV PQ is same.That's why I think PQ is decreased in TS.

Not only me some other members also reporting that low PQ in TS.Why so many people getting bad PQ at a time?
OK Ok quality decrease but Bro plz answer my question. Why are u referring ADTV as thread starter himself said that he doesn't like quality of ADTV ?

dipayan said:
OK Ok quality decrease but Bro plz answer my question. Why are u referring ADTV as thread starter himself said that he doesn't like quality of ADTV ?

That's his personal opinion.You can't believe only one member said.If 5-6 member at a time report that PQ of ADTV is not good then I believe.But in TS so many members reporting that TS PQ is decreased.

NinadG said:
If TS can club all regional/other channels in a single pack then why TS cann't create a single pack for HD channels just like ADTV which will make it easy for users who are interested only in HD channels, to choose HD pack? HD channels are less in nos so having a single pack for viewers may increase HD viewers as many viewers watch HD channels even though they dont watch SD variant.

Allmost all DTH provider except TS have clubbed together ROI & south channels to facilitate viewers to view channels from other languages in their respective zone.
This simple bifurcation is easy to understand by all viewers & helps a lot as as generally ROI viewer would not watch South channels & vice versa.
If D2H user is paying for all ROI channels they get then TS users are paying much higher to view only 2 regional packs.
Do you mean to say that every other DTH provider has this weird policy & only TS has good policy of allowing only 2 regional packs to viewers?

If you can understand that TS has some weird policy then why experts from TS cann't understand this? What is the purpose of this creepiness?

If all other DTH operators dont charge HD access fee or dont call it as HD access fee then why only TS is charging HD access fee? Why TS cann't create simple packs to make it easy for customers to choose instead of creating complication called HD Access Fee?
Why to create trickery called HD Access Fee which forces viewers to go for higher packs if they want more HD channels?

The fact is HD Access Hee is the innovation of experts in TS & this is clever way of deceiving people to compel them to choose higher packs & incease ARPU. It seems TS has become succeesful in this & able to increase ARPU by employing such unscrupulous ways.

Ya! I totally I agree with You bro,superb explanation:clap

NinadG said:

As I said all dth has some weird policy and you have to bear this until we got all our channels as a-la-carte in a cheaper way. This is why there are 6 DTH companies to choose from. If all dth provide same pack with same price with same quality over same coverage then there is no point of having so many companies as all are same. Isn't it ? So these are company policy. And before choosing DTH u are aware of that.

Is TS HD access fee is complicated to u ? Website clearly shows that to view these channels u need to pay RS 100 more. It is as simple as that. So what is complicated here. Everything is clearly mentioned.

Is this argument wrong
At least in case of D2h this holds correctly.

karanrudra93 said:
That's his personal opinion.You can't believe only one member said.If 5-6 member at a time report that PQ of ADTV is not good then I believe.But in TS so many members reporting that TS PQ is decreased.
Bro thread starter need suggestion. He used ADTV, TS. He was unsatisfied with ADTV. So stop promoting ADTV. More or less satesfied with TS. So we have left two DishTV and D2h. So if he doesn't like ADTV then suggest one of these three TS or DishTV or D2h. So give your view on these three.

karanrudra93 said:
Again I say don't believe others.They never tell the truth,they are TS subscribers.They alwayz try hard to hide TS faults.PQ of TS is not the same as earlier.In some channels I noticed heavy pixelisation.Sometimes I can't see the picture properly.This is because of cheap picture quality providing by TS.TS is one of the overrated dth brand in India.

ADTV is the best in PQ and H/W quality,with that also u get more channels than TS.So,without any hesitation you have to choose ADTV.:k

There are people employed by DTH operators to influence members by only stressing on +ve points & hiding -ve points of that particular DTH. We need to understand this & accordingly frame our opinions. I know this because I have worked for Star/TS earlier.
Senior CC excutives are employed for this & trained by Publicity Dept. to spread half-truths. There are teams of such agents engaged in misleading people & they work 24x7. We can easily find out this by their thread/posts history which shows abnormalities as compared to normal members. Many such members are acting as dormant & some acting as active. So be careful before framing your opinion & deciding about DTH.

karanrudra93 said:
Automatically delete problem also facing TS subscribers.

Never. In fact I still have series recordings for Ancient Aliens, Bigg Boss, etc programs listed in Tata Sky even if those programs have ended telecasting since many days/months.

[I'm not a Tata Sky fan boy or any other DTH hater]

dipayan said:
As I said all dth has some weird policy and you have to bear this until we got all our channels as a-la-carte in a cheaper way. This is why there are 6 DTH companies to choose from. If all dth provide same pack with same price with same quality over same coverage then there is no point of having so many companies as all are same. Isn't it ? So these are company policy. And before choosing DTH u are aware of that.

Is TS HD access fee is complicated to u ? Website clearly shows that to view these channels u need to pay RS 100 more. It is as simple as that. So what is complicated here. Everything is clearly mentioned.

Is this argument wrong
At least in case of D2h this holds correctly.

My question is Why this is unique to TS only?
Why only TS call it as HD access fee?
Why to compare with D2H if only TS has HD access fee to view HD channels?

NinadG said:
My question is Why this is unique to TS only?
Why only TS call it as HD access fee?
Why to compare with D2H if only TS has HD access fee to view HD channels?
I don't think it is unique in TS only. As excess money for HD channels from the corresponding sd pack charged by all operators.

Question is like Why TS always said life is Jingalala ? or why they called dhamaal mix like so. I don't know.

other operators(Like d2h) also charged that for example in case of D2h charge is RS 85 to 100 excess money for HD packs from the corresponding sd pack where as in TS it is flat 100.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock