You can rename it to any name,
In actual its not badr satellite,
Please try to understand,
You are scanning 66* satellite not 26*,
By selecting badr ftom stb & scan will not help you,
You have to set the Dish to 26* 1st,
Dish is currently at 66* not at 26*,
Sat name is selected on stb is badr,

You can't get badr channels until you move your dish to 26* location & replace your lnb with a ku band lnb.

BADR-2,3,4 @26E

You need ku band lnb too,
By selecting 9750/10600 will not convert your c band lnb to ku lnb.

Call that person who installed that dish,
Tell him to move the dish to 26* location, also tell him to change the lnb to ku band,
Then you will get badr channels.

if you are looking for badr at 26 deg E, then buy a small dish aprox 1mtr dia. rather than moving the IS-17 current position. if you are moving your current dish you will not get IS-17 Malayalam and tamil channels later.

Procedures same as mentioned above by GSSRAN bro.

tjoseph623 said:
I understand your points. I will call the technician

One more question. What if i do not change the existing direction of the dish and fit another KU Band LNB and DesEQ switch to get additional channels available on 66° Direction using same dish and receiver? Any advise

tjoseph623 said:
One more question. What if i do not change the existing direction of the dish and fit another KU Band LNB and DesEQ switch to get additional channels available on 66° Direction using same dish and receiver? Any advise
yeah you can do that, but those lnb's will be for other directions, not for 66*,
Already you are getting 66*, you can set one more lnb for 68,5*,
One more for 83*,
Few more if you try.

Gssran said:
yeah you can do that, but those lnb's will be for other directions, not for 66*,
Already you are getting 66*, you can set one more lnb for 68,5*,
One more for 83*,
Few more if you try.

Can i set additional lnbs for other directions without changing current direction?. where would i fix those? can i have a link to any picture with such arrangement?

Yes, no need to move the dish & you can fix other lnb's Like this,

c19317bce74faf983e88ffd4b4eaebbd.jpg

Gssran said:
Yes, no need to move the dish & you can fix other lnb's Like this,

c19317bce74faf983e88ffd4b4eaebbd.jpg

Thanks bro for your quick response. I will try something like this. Hope that these clamps are easily available in the market.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock