Help reqd regarding buying a new dth .

Varenya Mehta

Reaction score
Hey guys !

I have following configuration to support the dth :

1. LG 32 inch LCD(it is HD ready and not FULL HD)
2. Sony Home Theatre 5.1 system

After researching a lot i have come down to 3 operators :

1.TATA SKY( costly , but gives High quality picture and would suit my sony home theatre system,also needs 100rs payment to get HD)

2.VIDEOCON ( Cheap and nice plans But poor UI and dish is only given on rental and is taken back on non-payment[does this still happen?]

3.DISH TV (Max SD and HD channels with no extra cost for activating HD channels but video quality not comparable to that of TS)

Which out of the 3 is best keeping in mind the following situations:

1. Least disturbed while Rains ?
2. Better for long term investment ? (since TS is also now moving to mpeg4)

3. Value for money
4. Is the Dish still taken back by videocon ppl over non payment issues ?
5. SD Channels. ( or should i take HD ? If i take HD set top box.. i'll continue with SD packs for now )
6.Best customer care service in delhi ?
7.fastest channel activation and payment reflection after recharge.
:s

I'm buying it tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Is there anything new coming which is worthwhile waiting for some time?

Anyway, THANKS A LOT for reading through and for the answers in advance :)

Bro if you are sports lover you must go to DISH tru hd they don't have now Star cricket Hd, espn HD and Star sports 2 but they have all entertainment channels also in HD and good customer care. if you want max ui and picture quality then go to tata sky. In tata sky you will not have ten hd except you have all the sports channels and entertainment channels.

go for tata sky it works well during rain .videocon d2h at present has serious problem during rain . Dishtv is good it have more HD channels

Go for Videocon d2h for it's futuristic technology and package flexibility. As far as rain problem is concerned, I haven't faced it yet. Only in heavy rains signal goes away. :)

What's your channel requirement ?
i.e hindi regional and sports etc etc

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock