Help setting Hotbird location.

Haroon Khan

Reaction score
Hi to all,
today, me and my friend try to set my dish location to hotbird satellite, after spending many time, we failed, so during the setting, I googling and find this website, so I log in here now and want some help for setting hotbird satellite, while googling I also see this guide:
"Your satellite receiver should point 13 degrees East. To do this, find south and then move your dish 13 degrees towards the east."
so tell me which kind of compass or meter would do the thing, means whic kind of tool would do 13 degree towards east from south.
then I would buy this and do the job, or anyone would know some other easy way to find the hotbird satellite then it would be highly appreciated.
Note: i have 74" dish.

You'll not get Hotbird on 74 cm dish, if u r in Pakistan. U need atleast 5-ft dish to get some TPs.
Better go for 6 ft dish. :k

shawl_who said:
You'll not get Hotbird on 74 cm dish, if u r in Pakistan. U need atleast 5-ft dish to get some TPs.
Better go for 6 ft dish. :k

not 74 cm bro, its 74 inches (actually 78) which is 6.5 in ft.

hmmm, thanks, I m understanding these satellite angles and dimensions given by this satpointer.
a little hard to figured it.
will updated when I got some progress or stuck on something, thanks again.

okay folks. this is my KU band LNB, I m going to learn step by step guide, so tell me where its ''skew''.?
I m googling about skew but there is not the result for this shape of lnb..

please defined these..

Hotbird Satellite Dish Setup.

Skew of LNB: 54.8°
Dish | Elevation: 15.9°
Azimuth | True: 253.83°
Azimuth | Magnetic: 252.23°

Haroon Khan said:
please defined these..

Hotbird Satellite Dish Setup.

Skew of LNB: 54.8°
Dish | Elevation: 15.9°
Azimuth | True: 253.83°
Azimuth | Magnetic: 252.23°

Go to THIS SITE and move the blue pointer to your location and place it on your terrace ...
IXz2MVc.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock