Discussion Hindi Serials and Reality Shows Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter veer32564
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 678
  • Views Views: Views 74,174
Same goes for Sony Marathi and Zee Yuva.
For any network to be strong, it's flagship channel should be a strong contender in the market. Unfortunately, SPN's main channel, Sony Entertainment Television has always cut a sorry finger in TRPs of it's fiction. That's why, SONY itself is lagging. SET, in a bid to make niche matured content, has been sidelined in the race of GRPs. Colors already understood, and aligned their shows accordingly. STAR Plus, ZEE TV, Colors Hindi, SUN TV all these flagship channels are strong. This forms the backbone of the network. SAB TV is considered more successful, but it hits a different genre, plus the fact it is not the flagship of SPN. And that's why, SPN has very weak position in it's only 2 regional market offerings, Aath and Marathi. Though Marathi has an upper hand in original fiction and non-fiction lineup, it has always been tough for the channel. And sorry, but seeing rough competition in Marathi market, I have less hope for Sony Marathi. For Zee Yuva and Colors Super, I have high expectations.

Coming To Imagine TV unfair shutdown happened because of changes of ownership.
It was started With a JV with NDTV & NBCUniversal
A year later NBCUniversal sold it's stake
Then Turner Buyed 92% percent stake & NDTV named dropped from the logo. Regarding the selling of content to Star, i had read somewhere. I will try to find it.
Survior Needs to make a comeback with The Voice Franchise,Masterchef India,Nach Baliye,Dance+.
I have never seen imagine content on amy star channel
But i have seen imagine shows on dangal, zee anmol,rishtey etc but not on star channel or star rerun gec utsav
Star have huge library of hit shows they dont need shows of imagine

I have never seen imagine content on amy star channel
But i have seen imagine shows on dangal, zee anmol,rishtey etc but not on star channel or star rerun gec utsav
Star have huge library of hit shows they dont need shows of imagine
They had great rivalry with NDTV, being top channel. Launching of Life OK put the nail in coffin of Imagine TV. So, they don't look for content from once bitter rival.

And sorry, but seeing rough competition in Marathi market, I have less hope for Sony Marathi. For Zee Yuva and Colors Super, I have high expectations.
Exactly the opposite of what I believe. Sony Marathi at least has some good prospects but Zee Yuva is practically in the ICU. It is not doing much better than Star Bharat/&TV.

Last edited:
Exactly the opposite of what I believe. Sony Marathi at least has some good prospects but Zee Yuva is practically in the ICU. It is not doing much better than Star Bharatiya/&TV.
The matured online audience can only add to more hashtags for serial content, the old TV viewers add to the revenue of the channel with TRPs. Zee Yuva and Colors Super need not be judged now due to economic slowdown. These 2 are of different genres. Though case of STAR Bharat and &TV is different.

Exactly the opposite of what I believe. Sony Marathi at least has some good prospects but Zee Yuva is practically in the ICU. It is not doing much better than Star Bharat/&TV.
The matured online audience can only add to more hashtags for serial content, the old TV viewers add to the revenue of the channel with TRPs. Zee Yuva and Colors Super need not be judged now due to economic slowdown. These 2 are of different genres. Though case of STAR Bharat and &TV is different.
@veer32564 bro i agree with u what u said abt genre of zee yuva nd colors super but what @JollyLNB bro said is right bcz right now sony marathi have much more potential than this two coz sony marathi is constantly bringing new shows with good concept whereas zee yuva is not doing anything

@veer32564 bro i agree with u what u said abt genre of zee yuva nd colors super but what @JollyLNB bro said is right bcz right now sony marathi have much more potential than this two coz sony marathi is constantly bringing new shows with good concept whereas zee yuva is not doing anything
Bro, a bitter truth I have learned about Indian GECs is that drama is required for renue and profit. Otherwise, STAR Jalsha wouldn't have shifted Prothoma Kadombini with Khelaghor (and got better TRPs), and top 5 Hindi programs filled with 3-4 stretched dramas. I love SONY's content, but audience makes STAR and ZEE topper. Right? I am saying that Sony Marathi won't be able to be in top 4 in that way.

It is not doing much better than Star Bharat/&TV.

Which channel Sony Marathi or Zee Yuva?
Sony Marathi should improve Their fictions by bringing new Serials and they should air non fictions on weekends and they are good in movies and premiers like Zee.
Currently they have good number of fictions but their quality and quantity both is not good.
They are airing non fictions in week which is very wrong.

Zee Yuva is not doing well except 3 serials and one non fiction all they have rerun serials and shows. This channel needs to revamp along with Zee Marathi.

Last edited:
Bro, a bitter truth I have learned about Indian GECs is that drama is required for renue and profit. Otherwise, STAR Jalsha wouldn't have shifted Prothoma Kadombini with Khelaghor (and got better TRPs), and top 5 Hindi programs filled with 3-4 stretched dramas. I love SONY's content, but audience makes STAR and ZEE topper. Right? I am saying that Sony Marathi won't be able to be in top 4 in that way.
But sony marathi is in better position than zee yuva

Which channel Sony Marathi or Zee Yuva?
Sony Marathi should improve Their fictions by bringing new Serials and they should air non fictions on weekends and they are good in movies.
He is talking abt colors super nd zee yuva for comparison with star bharat nd &tv

Back
Top Bottom