Discussion Hindi Serials and Reality Shows Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter veer32564
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 678
  • Views Views: Views 74,174
They had great rivalry with NDTV, being top channel. Launching of Life OK put the nail in coffin of Imagine TV. So, they don't look for content from once bitter rival.
@veer32564
All the Rivalry started when Star & NDTV has become partners for news channel. Although Fate had other plans & NDTV came to challenge India's Number 1 Hindi Entertainment Channel StarPlus but unfortunately with Change of ownership Imagine Couldn't be a strong contender.
In 2008 Some Channels were launched by old & some new networks started foraying in india.
Viacom, News Corp. Bitter Rival (Star - Viacom was operating MTV in eariler Star Days) partnered with TV18 to launch Colors!
Star India Forayed In Bangla & Marathi Market.
& ofcourse Imagine TV started their journey in the same year.

Last edited:
Bro, a bitter truth I have learned about Indian GECs is that drama is required for renue and profit. Otherwise, STAR Jalsha wouldn't have shifted Prothoma Kadombini with Khelaghor (and got better TRPs), and top 5 Hindi programs filled with 3-4 stretched dramas. I love SONY's content, but audience makes STAR and ZEE topper. Right? I am saying that Sony Marathi won't be able to be in top 4 in that way.
He didnt said that sony marathi will come in top4.....he said thatsony marathi have high potential than zee yuva
And abt content both zee yuva nd sony marathi shows are not massy but sony marathi atleast bringing new show whereas zee yuva is doing nthing

The Rivalry Between Star-NDTV Always fascinates me! What do you think Guys which Network has most bad rivalry history?

Off-Topic:

Sony Marathi has bright future unlike Zee Yuva.

Sony Marathi currently has 2 Non-Fictions -
Maharashtra's Best Dancer ( Dancing show) and Maharashtrachi Hasyajatra (Comedy show).
Sony Marathi is good for non fictions.

They also air movies and do many premiers, last week they had premiered Readymix Movie and Sony Marathi is good in Movies.

Sony Marathi also has more number of fictions then Zee Yuva but they are not up to mark, they lack something and for any channel the first thing is that they should have a strong fiction lineup.

Zee Yuva when launched had good serials and shows. I liked the serials of Zee Yuva when it launched as it was focusing more on Youths at that time also their shows were good but now they spoiled themselves.

Last edited:
He is talking abt colors super nd zee yuva for comparison with star bharat nd &tv
Off topic:
@JollyLNB
When I see rating of Zee Yuva and Sony Marathi channel Sony easily take over Zee Yuva because sony have more time to grow they just entered market (1 or 2year don't know).

Comes to Colors super rating can't compare Zee Yuva because 4th main GEC channel serial almost equal to Colors super Serial GRP (when original contents telecasting time ) it has strong hold viewership in Karnataka. This channel bad luck because of Colorskannada channel original Serials Launching hold some days before lockdown it self at that channel 120k to130k touched 2019 Feb/march without Biggboss show.

Last edited:
Off topic:
@JollyLNB
When I see rating of Zee Yuva and Sony Marathi channel Sony easily take over Zee Yuva because sony have more time to grow they just entered market (1 or 2year don't know).

Comes to Colors super rating can't compare Zee Yuva because 4th main GEC channel serial almost equal to Colors super Serial GRP (when original contents telecasting time ) it has strong hold viewership in Karnataka. This channel bad luck because of Colorskannada channel original Serials Launching hold some days before lockdown it self at that channel 120k to130k touched 2019 Feb/march without Biggboss show.

Yes Zee Yuva and Colors super can't be compared as Colors Super is ahead of Zee Yuva and doing well.

But Currently both channels are not doing well like earlier, both channels need to Get Revamp soon with original serials, reality shows then only they will enter in top 5 channels.

Earlier when Zee Yuva launched it had good serials and shows and it was doing well but now it gets Low trp then sony marathi.

Off topic:
@JollyLNB

Yes Zee Yuva and Colors super can't be compared as Colors Super is ahead of Zee Yuva and doing well.

But Currently both channels are not doing well like earlier, both channels need to Get Revamp soon with original serials, reality shows then only they will enter in top 5 channels.

Earlier when Zee Yuva launched it had good serials and shows and it was doing well but now it gets Low trp then sony marathi.
I was talking only about Zee Yuva as being in a despicable situation. I never commented on Colors Super in this thread. Like Sony Marathi, Colors Super can also be saved if it has the right programming strategy and promotions. Colors Super is in a far better position than Zee Yuva, but Sony Marathi is still ahead.

Last edited:
This concept has high potential to be hit but i never liked this show in marathi
The outline concept is good, but the serial doesn't have big dramatic elements, this show has more negative vibes,
You all should be happy that this concept was not aired in StarPlus

Back
Top Bottom