How tata sky cheated me

dipayan said:
Now why are they charging daily basis after 1 Aug 2013 ? Because the annual agreement between you and TS is over on 31 july 2013. So they are free to modify their package.

:no If annual agreement is over on 31 july 2013 then why TS started charging for ICP on daily basis without consent ? :huh
That also means ICP is available to old customers for Rs 1/day.

NinadG said:
:no If annual agreement is over on 31 july 2013 then why TS started charging for ICP on daily basis without consent ? :huh
That also means ICP is available to old customers for Rs 1/day.

I think that's TS policy and they are free to do that as annual contract between him and TS is over and customer didn't inform TS to renew or to discontinue the India cricket pack. I think every DTH operator does this. If you don't tell your DTH operator to drop pack then Why are you expecting that it will be discontinued automatically ? So they are charging on daily basis. :)

According to his word from his first post

What reply I got from their customer care -

- Customer has to inform to cancel their annual subscription otherwise it will be automatically converted into daily pack

I think there is no cheating here if they convert annual subscription(Rs 365) into daily basis Rs 1 per day. Ultimately you are paying same amount of money. But Why is he asking for refund for 5 months is not clear to me.

I think for annual contract, TS or any DTH should not take the customer for granted that he wants to continue with the pack. DTH should call customer to tell him that their subscription is ending & whether they want to continue. If all DTH are doing like this then this is customers loss as all customers may not want to extend contract. I mean this is logical, if there is no Trai provision for this then Trai should devise some guidelines to prevent such illegal act. The onus should be on DTH & not on customer.

dipayan said:
I think that's TS policy and they are free to do that as annual contract between him and TS is over and customer didn't inform TS to renew or to discontinue the India cricket pack. I think every DTH operator does this. If you don't tell your DTH operator to drop pack then Why are you expecting that it will be discontinued automatically ? So they are charging on daily basis. :)

According to his word from his first post

What reply I got from their customer care -

- Customer has to inform to cancel their annual subscription otherwise it will be automatically converted into daily pack

I think there is no cheating here if they convert annual subscription(Rs 365) into daily basis Rs 1 per day. Ultimately you are paying same amount of money. But Why is he asking for refund for 5 months is not clear to me.

Answer my one question,

If you have subscribed for one yr of car insurance and do not inform your insurance company if you want to continue. What happens in that case, do they send another yr insurance without your consent and then you smile? Or something happens?

shiwesh said:
Answer my one question,

If you have subscribed for one yr of car insurance and do not inform your insurance company if you want to continue. What happens in that case, do they send another yr insurance without your consent and then you smile? Or something happens?

No absolutely not. I think that's the reason why TS didn't renew annual and provide him daily contract. Though it doesn't matter as annual or daily contract cost same Rs 1.

By the way, I think his query is about refund of 5 months. Still not clear to me why is he asking for refund ?

dipayan said:
No absolutely not. I think that's the reason why TS didn't renew annual and provide him daily contract. Though it doesn't matter as annual or daily contract cost same Rs 1.

By the way, I think his query is about refund of 5 months. Still not clear to me why is he asking for refund ?

:no Annual or daily contract cost are bound to remain same. Here problem is why TS took customer for granted & converted annual contract in to daily contract without explicit customer consent? :huh :angry

NinadG said:
:no Annual or daily contract cost are bound to remain same. Here problem is why TS took customer for granted & converted annual contract in to daily contract without explicit customer consent? :huh :angry

Because annual contract expire on 31 july 2013 and customer didn't inform TS to renew it. I think it's customers duty to inform operator regarding contract renewal or pack discontinuation otherwise it may happen that operator renew contract for another year(upto 31 july 2014) and then after sometime customer wish to discontinue the pack or may sue operator and ask that "I(customer) don't want to renew my contract. So on whose authorization you(operator) renew my(customer) contract for another year?".

So to be on safe side TS converted his pack to daily after his annual contract so that customer can discontinue his pack any time. :)

NinadG said:
I think for annual contract, TS or any DTH should not take the customer for granted that he wants to continue with the pack. DTH should call customer to tell him that their subscription is ending & whether they want to continue. If all DTH are doing like this then this is customers loss as all customers may not want to extend contract. I mean this is logical, if there is no Trai provision for this then Trai should devise some guidelines to prevent such illegal act. The onus should be on DTH & not on customer.

There may be ifs & buts but as far as I know, what TS is doing is illegal as per contract law. There is no need to think from TS point of view. DTH & customers are bound by Trai guidelines & Contract law. Whether renewal is for one year or one day, if its without concent, its illegal.

NinadG said:
There may be ifs & buts but as far as I know, what TS is doing is illegal as per contract law. There is no need to think from TS point of view. DTH & customers are bound by Trai guidelines & Contract law.

I think every DTH operator does this. If you think TS is doing is illegal then please point out on TRAI website regarding annual contract renewal as I am not able to find it in Quality of standard 2009 regulation. I seriously doubt that DTH operator & customers are bound by Trai guidelines & Contract law regarding contract renewal. Please provide the link here.;)

NinadG said:
There may be ifs & buts but as far as I know, what TS is doing is illegal as per contract law. There is no need to think from TS point of view. DTH & customers are bound by Trai guidelines & Contract law. Whether renewal is for one year or one day, if its without consent, its illegal.

Whatever guidelines Trai is formulating regarding this, are bound by Indian Contract Law. It cann't be above Indian Law.
If some one challenges it in court then Indian Contract Law prevails & court will pass necessary injunction.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock