How tata sky cheated me

Sharekhan

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I want to share my story about how tata sky cheated me. I haven't lost too much money in this cheating but after all its a cheating.

About my subscription-

- I subscribed for India Cricket annual pack (ch no 400) on 1st Aug 2012 @ Rs. 365
- Last date of subscription was 31 July 2013
- But as many of us know tata sky ceased this channel somewhere in Feb 2013

So what I was expecting from tata sky-

- Refund of the balance amount for 5 month i.e. from March 2013 to July 2013 (Rs. 150 approx.)

What tata sky did -

- They haven't give me refund
- And not even removed this annual pack from my account.
- Instead they converted this annual pack into daily pack after 31 July 2013 (i.e. after end of subscription)
- Charged me Rs. 1 per day in August (Rs. 30)

What reply I got from their customer care -

- Customer has to inform to cancel their annual subscription otherwise it will be automatically converted into daily pack.

My question is -

- How can tata sky charge for a service or channel which does not exists?

I contacted number of times about this issue but every time they reply with non-sense thoughts and other garbage information like account balance and blaa blaa... Finally I gave up because I don't want to waste more time with them.

Reactions: Omi
I didn't get your point. On one side you are saying that you paid for 1 year(Rs 365 when subscribing) and still have 5 more months and on the other side you are saying Rs 1 deducted per day. So you mean you are paying twice the amount (RS 1 per day + RS 365 annual) for same pack. Is that so ?
Or remaining 5 months balance is credited to your account and now you are paying Rs 1 per day.

If your remaining 5 months balance is not credited to your account and still you are paying Rs 1 per day then you should send mail to CEO and nodal officer and mention TRAI DTH regulation (Quality of standard 2009) clause 9A according to which you are eligible to get refund. I am sure they will refund as they refund regarding neo channels.

How can tata sky charge for a service or channel which does not exists?
This pack doesn't exists for new subscribers(those who joined after removal of the pack) or old subscribers who has changed their packages. It exists for old subscribers who didn't change their pack. Another example will be I think Supreme sports Rs 270 pm and many other packs. New subscribers has to subscribe Supreme sports kids pack Rs 300 pm. This is TRAI rule.

1.There is a little confusion.I also subscribed for " India Cricket Annual " in Dec.2012 which should cover all national and international cricket matches played by India. Whether it is through Channel 400 or Sony Six or something else I am getting all the matches .Not subscribed for Sony SIX separately but got it for IPL because of " India Cricket"
2. Rs365+ Rs.1/day : You may recheck whether Rs.365/ is credited to your account and debiting Rs.1/ day. In my case there are no daily/monthly deductions for annual/Semi Annual add on packs . Monthly deductions are shown for a-la-carte channels only on daily basis.

Something wrong description

But tata sky wont charge u double.

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

Its not double charging by tata sky. I subscribed for India Cricket annual pack (ch no 400) on 1st Aug 2012

Updated first post. Please check.

Sharekhan said:
Its not double charging by tata sky. I subscribed for India Cricket annual pack (ch no 400) on 1st Aug 2012

Updated first post. Please check.

OK so you subscribe the cricket pack on 1 Aug 2012 (and pay Rs 365 advance on 1 Aug 2012) upto 31 july 2013. And after 1 Aug 2013 they are charging Rs 1 per day not annual basis i.e. upto 31 july 2014.

Now my question is if you get all India cricket match from 1 Aug 2012 to 31 july 2013 then why are you expecting refund for 5 months from March 2013 to July 2013 ? If you didn't get Cricket match then you should get refund.

Now why are they charging daily basis after 1 Aug 2013 ? Because the annual agreement between you and TS is over on 31 july 2013. So they are free to modify their package.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock