How tata sky cheated me

Sharekhan said:
First of all thank you everyone who replied in this thread.

There is still confusion with some members to understand this issue.

My big concerns are

- If customer paid for any channel or service for full year and that channel or service is discontinued before ending of his subscription then dth service provider should be taken completely responsible for this and its their responsibility to refund for rest of the subscription amount.

In this case tata sky discontinued INDIA CRICKET PACK so they have to refund rest of the subscription amount. I want to make clear that I was not able to watch any Indian cricket match after they discontinued this pack ie channel no. 400. I changed my base pack (subscribed to supreme sports pack) to watch Indian matches.

- Its their policy to convert annual pack to daily pack after end of subscription but my question is how they can convert non existing annual pack to non existing daily pack and charged for it. That is why i called this as a cheating.

Regards
Then they have cheated and they have to refund you.

don't compare insurance with dth service.

dth service is on continuous basis

when u buy new connection its agreed by u that u ll pay daily or monthly or annually.

its customer choice who gone ahead and changed daily to annually.

so after annual contract over, company is free to chage it to daily basis.

compare with ur daily news paper agency.

he will give daily news paper to u, and pay u monthy bill

if he come up offer/scheme , u can pay him 1 year advance he will give some 1 month discount,

doesn't mean after 1 year he stops supplying new paper, instead on 12th month end, he may give u reminder or on end of 13th month he will come up with 1 month bill

am I correct?

same with ur Electricity connection or water connection

if u pay in advnce for 1 year, they don't cut ur supply after specified period,

so if ts cgarging him after aug2013 , as daily rental its not cheating.

dipayan said:
Cannot find a single word regarding renewal of contract in Indian Contract Act 1872 & amendments. So can you please provide in which clause contract renewal is mentioned ?

http://chddistrictcourts.gov.in/THE%20INDIAN%20CONTRACT%20ACT.pdf
Will you agree that Nationalised Banks will not go against the law and almost all the banks incorporated the auto renewal clause ( for renewing for a similar period)in their Fixed Deposit Application Forms. There are many other such things and a lot of judgements, let us not go deep into it further.

Sharekhan said:

My big concerns are

- If customer paid for any channel or service for full year and that channel or service is discontinued before ending of his subscription then dth service provider should be taken completely responsible for this and its their responsibility to refund for rest of the subscription amount.

In this case tata sky discontinued INDIA CRICKET PACK so they have to refund rest of the subscription amount. I want to make clear that I was not able to watch any Indian cricket match after they discontinued this pack ie channel no. 400. I changed my base pack (subscribed to supreme sports pack) to watch Indian matches.

- Its their policy to convert annual pack to daily pack after end of subscription but my question is how they can convert non existing annual pack to non existing daily pack and charged for it. That is why i called this as a cheating.

Regards
Now as it is clear that you were not able to watch Indian cricket matches after the discontinuation of CH-400 TS is bound to compensate for the inconvenience.

Sharekhan said:

My big concerns are

Regards

Channel number is not important. Point is if there is a India cricket match going on then the corresponding channel which broadcast the match should be activated on your TV automatically as you have subscribed ICP. If channel broadcasting the match is not activated then you should demand refund pointing TRAI regulation standard of quality 2009 clause 9A send mail to ceo and nodal officer.

India cricket pack exists for those subscribers who didn't drop their ICP but not available to others(who dropped this pack) as well as new subscribers.

We cann't compare other examples with this as in the case of postpaid, there is a sort of trust relationship between two parties. In case of prepaid DTH, customer first pay for the service & enter into the contract for specific period. TS should have taken consent of the concered customer before daily contract is activated.
Also in the case of daily contract, if Sharekhan is not able to watch ICP on ch 400, then TS should have informed him about alternate arrangement (or other ch no.where he can watch ICP/cricket match). There is no point here considering TS has done whatever they want without informing customer & here sharekhan is left in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock